Metal roof ?

Started by trevsmr2, February 6, 2013, 18:34

Anonymous

how much is that on now????? and got days left to run. i think im going to see if i can make some metal hardtops they are a sure get rich quick thing.

uktotty

This was the message that made him scream and shout and call me a ccnut!

Thank you so much for your explanation, you are of course right.
I have only had my MK3 for 5 years, only done 100,000 miles, only bought and sold 10 hardtops in that time and made 10,000 pposts on the MR2ROC website.
I would like to offer you £1,000 for the worlds only METAL hardtop.
Please send me a picture of a magnet attached to your METAL hardtop as all the hardtops I have seen, bought, sold, fitted for other members have been fibreglass. But your METAL one would be very very very rare, so I will offer you £1,000 and I will collect from Notts as I have a friend in Beeston, he is also a member of the MR2ROC so he can help me.
Obviously the metal one makes a dingy sound when you hit it as my fibreglass one from the Toyota factory makes a more dull sound due to it be fibreglass.
I look forward to you message and obviously being so up and knowledgeable on  the MR2 Roadster you would have kept the fitting kit due to it being worth around £350 from a Toyota dealer, only a fool would sell the car with the kit still fitted.

LOL!

wotugonado

Quote from: "uktotty"This was the message that made him scream and shout and call me a ccnut!

Thank you so much for your explanation, you are of course right.
I have only had my MK3 for 5 years, only done 100,000 miles, only bought and sold 10 hardtops in that time and made 10,000 pposts on the MR2ROC website.
I would like to offer you £1,000 for the worlds only METAL hardtop.
Please send me a picture of a magnet attached to your METAL hardtop as all the hardtops I have seen, bought, sold, fitted for other members have been fibreglass. But your METAL one would be very very very rare, so I will offer you £1,000 and I will collect from Notts as I have a friend in Beeston, he is also a member of the MR2ROC so he can help me.
Obviously the metal one makes a dingy sound when you hit it as my fibreglass one from the Toyota factory makes a more dull sound due to it be fibreglass.
I look forward to you message and obviously being so up and knowledgeable on  the MR2 Roadster you would have kept the fitting kit due to it being worth around £350 from a Toyota dealer, only a fool would sell the car with the kit still fitted.

LOL!
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
i belly laughed at this bit "I look forward to you message and obviously being so up and knowledgeable on  the MR2 Roadster you would have kept the fitting kit due to it being worth around £350 from a Toyota dealer, only a fool would sell the car with the kit still fitted"
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

StuC

Cant see anything that would warrant that reaction Russ! All looks in order to me  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

VVT-i

Quote from: "uktotty"BTW, I am that superlicious pedant.

We all know that Russ... but how did he know?    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

trevsmr2

You get a tube of glue with the bodykit

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Toyota-Bo ... 4ac1180647 m

mr mr2

How much glue do you need to put a full body kit on
Excelsior

K T M Rider

Quote from: "trevsmr2"You get a tube of glue with the bodykit

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Toyota-Bo ... 4ac1180647 m

wot no welding rods ?   s:? :? s:?
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

Anonymous

that the member on here selling that

s12vea

The adverts seems similar and there can't be many people with a roadster 1DO silver bodykit freshly painted.
Uuummmmm
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   The guy is selling a hardtop without a fitting kit and a body kit in silver. I don't really see the issue other than a mistake he admitted to after it had been pointed out.

God we can be cruel on the ROC   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

K T M Rider

Quote from: "rbuckingham"that the member on here selling that

don't be ridiculous.

the guy on here is offering MR2 wheels, bodykit and a Unichip.

The guy on ebay happens to be offering MR2 wheels, bodykit and a Unichip, but I think the fact that he is also offering a hardtop is pretty good evidence that they aren't the same person   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Although they do both live in Nottingham   s:P :P s:P

mrzwei

I wish I had something better to do at the moment    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

K T M Rider

s:) :) s:)

uktotty

LOL Which one of you lot has bid £2500 for his hardtop then??

markiii

Jeez that's going pear shaped, no way anyone will actually pay that
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Treboeth

Surely a friendly question pointing out the sellers mistake would have been more helpful instead of ridiculing them.

Way to show the forum as a friendly and informative place for MR2 owners everyone.

Wabbitkilla

Treboeth, my thinking too. We have rules about bullying on forum but it seems some people feel the urge to feed elsewhere

From a planet somewhere nearby
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

trevsmr2

Is that one rule for one, and one for another

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Treboeth, my thinking too. We have rules about bullying on forum but it seems some people feel the urge to feed elsewhere

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"He's just an idiot, there seem to be a few around at the moment.
I wonder how much lighter an aluminium hardtop would be.

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"
Quote from: "markiii"hmm Feck?

that seem like an attempt to to get around the ebay profanity rules

someone may have reported that  :-) :-) :-)

You're an evil man ....... I like it  :wink:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"His advert isn't exactly selling it for me ... anyone coming across that will think wtf is his problem?

Treboeth

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Treboeth, my thinking too. We have rules about bullying on forum but it seems some people feel the urge to feed elsewhere

Nic unfortunately some core members on this forum seem to take delight in attacking other current/potential  members .

I have seen other "dodgy adverts on Ebay etc" and have contacted the sellers to correct advise in a friendly manner, sometimes you get told to f,o, other times the advice is accepted and taken on board I always direct people here but get the impression of the forum being a bit of a "boys club"  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Ready to be battered but hey ho   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Pavett1990

Quote from: "Treboeth"

Nic unfortunately some core members on this forum seem to take delight in attacking other current/potential  members .

I have seen other "dodgy adverts on Ebay etc" and have contacted the sellers to correct advise in a friendly manner, sometimes you get told to f,o, other times the advice is accepted and taken on board I always direct people here but get the impression of the forum being a bit of a "boys club"  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Ready to be battered but hey ho   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Some points here I do agree but it's not just here it's all forums mate it happens everywhere..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Treboeth

I do agree Ash but we look to encourage new members with one hand and ridicule those lacking in knowledge openly on the forum rather than educating and encouraging them  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

AckersMR2

Quote from: "Treboeth"Surely a friendly question pointing out the sellers mistake would have been more helpful instead of ridiculing them.

Way to show the forum as a friendly and informative place for MR2 owners everyone.

I do agree with you on this and some of your later points, but I'm sure when Russ made the initial contact with the seller of the roof he respectfully gave him the correct information? If the blokes response, respectfully or not, was to tell Russ he was talking out of his backside, from that moment on he pretty much invited upon himself the response he was given?

From what i've read, Russ's later correspondence while a little tongue in cheek and sarcastic was not rude and didn't include any of the verbal assaults and language coming the other way? And I think you'll find comments made by other members were pointed towards the guys reaction not his lack of knowledge on the construction material of the roof he was selling. That was certainly the case in my contribution.

I too have informed sellers of their error in listings, recently ones where they mislead potential buyers into thinking the hard top does not require a fitting kit and the response I've got has been positive from them and they have amended their listing. I suppose the correct thing to do would be to ignore a response when someone tell you you don't know what your talking about and you talk out of your backside but in making comments like that do people not realise their likely to provoke a reaction? And he got one!
My only car is a Ducati 

Wabbitkilla

There are good arguments on both sides TBH.

Reporting an advert which is inaccurate and misleading is fair play.
Contacting the seller politely to highlight errors in the advert is also fair.
Taking the pee out of him is not, but bear in mind that was done privately via a message rather than posting globally on eBay (apart from posting it here).
Two wrongs don't make a right, his unnecessarily aggressive response to the polite highlighting of his error was in fact encouragement to anyone who wanted to escalate the situation. Escalation doesn't usually look good for the person at fault or his antagonist. We can all look hypocritical when taken out of context and we can be hypocritical from human nature. I do actually feel sorry for the guy, 1. For being wrong about what he thought his hardtop was made of when it's easy to check, 2. For his unfortunate bad reaction to having the error pointed out, 3. For it being blasted all over this forum.

He's sold the car, he's unlikely to become a member, however it doesn't look good to anyone considering joining the club and the community when someone who makes a blatant error gets ridiculed in public so much. I would be tempted to remove this thread but there are those who would then accuse me and the moderation team for being too heavy handed or "PC".

And yes, I can be wrong, I can say the wrong thing ... I'm only human, but at least I can admit it and that's the measure of being an adult.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Pavett1990

All points are correct and we should look to help other '2 owners or possible future owners.. If I was a mod I would remove the thread as this could escalate very quickly.. I think what's been done and said has been done and said and it's time to move on.. We've had our laugh  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  and some of the comments were very funny  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  onwards and upwards I'd say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Tags: