Metal roof ?

Started by trevsmr2, February 6, 2013, 18:34

markiii

you'd remove it why?

its all good tempered and breaks no rules
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Pavett1990

As it could get out of hand.. I'm all for banter but there's a fine line between banter and arguing.. Either way if it was removed or not it doesn't bother me to be honest..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

K T M Rider

Quote from: "trevsmr2"Is that one rule for one, and one for another

Speaking of club rules, we are not supposed to flag up currently running auctions for MR2 roadster parts in order to avoid bidding wars between members.

Not complaining that you did in this case, but perhaps another time might be better to contact the seller yourself and only mention it on here after the auction has ended ( if at all) ?
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "Treboeth"
Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Treboeth, my thinking too. We have rules about bullying on forum but it seems some people feel the urge to feed elsewhere

From a planet somewhere nearby

Nic unfortunately some core members on this forum seem to take delight in attacking other current/potential  members .

I have seen other "dodgy adverts on Ebay etc" and have contacted the sellers to correct advise in a friendly manner, sometimes you get told to f,o, other times the advice is accepted and taken on board I always direct people here but get the impression of the forum being a bit of a "boys club"  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Ready to be battered but hey ho   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Without wishing to exacerbate the situation I agree, I've contacted members on ebay myself to point out any errors and didn't feel the need to bleat on about it here. I think we can all learn a bit here, club rules don't cover people outside of the club, but any rational person can see it's patently unfair to goad or belittle another person out of malice.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

dj2k21

I think everybody needs to take a chill pill lol, it's only banter at the end of the day, the mods on here I think do a great job of playing umpire to some of the slanging matches on here, lord knows  nics but me over his knee and gave me a proverbial spanking a few times for unsuitable comments lol but I try to look at it in the greater good and he's right usually in what he says to me. If people started attacking me for my car I would probably laugh about it to be honest, seems to easy to wind people up on here, I'm a member of another local modified car forum and some of the bullying on there u wouldn't get in army camp lol yet we all meet up and have a laugh and all is forgotten when we get together. That's how it should be  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

K T M Rider

It is certainly unfortunate that the seller now has 2 bogus bids on his auction. Having spent many hours on ebay in the past, I suspect this is a reaction to his 'rant' in the listing................
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

nathanMR2

Some people are very quick to take a light hearted comment personally and as dj2k21 says perhaps not look at the bigger picture. Words are a powerful tool but they can be misconstrued in so many ways and I don't think some people can understand that when its pointed out to them. Rightly people have a right to stick up for what they believe in or think is right but there are certain ways of doing things. People make mistakes, it happens but its whether you can accept you might be wrong and perhaps take it on bored.

Ive read some posts on other forums and even fb and I am amazed with some of the stuff that is allowed to go on. Unfortunately some people make their mind up about a person before even really getting to know them and base it purely on a few words that have been typed onto a screen. I guess for some this is all they have to go on given that they may only get chance to come on here and read posts without getting the chance to meet people.

Ive refereed work football games for 'fun' and it's a thankless task. I can relate the decision making to Moderation at times. You sometimes have to make a call and inevitably its going to upset someone whether you feel its right or wrong. Its just your job to try and make things as fair as possible, to the best of your ability and hope people can understand and accept that.
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

AckersMR2

Whoa, heavy man!
There's some really good levelheaded sense being mentioned here, I would also like to add that I think a lot of the bad comes from the fact that the way someone thinks and means to make a comment doesn't necessarily transverse well to the keyboard and a spoken word and the way in which it is said and heard can be construed very differently when it is written and read. We are truly loosing the art of conversation in the spoken sense?
My only car is a Ducati 

StuC

Quote from: "AckersMR2"We are truly loosing the art of conversation in the spoken sense?

Quote from: "AckersMR2"There's some really good levelheaded sense being mentioned here, I would also like to add that I think a lot of the bad comes from the fact that the way someone thinks and means to make a comment doesn't necessarily transverse well to the keyboard and a spoken word and the way in which it is said and heard can be construed very differently when it is written and read.

I would like to hear you say that sentance as it's written! The art is not lost on you clearly!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

You are right about intention, context and nuances in the written form. That's why I try and use emoticons to help remove some ambiguity.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

onion86

Quote from: "AckersMR2"I would also like to add that I think a lot of the bad comes from the fact that the way someone thinks and means to make a comment doesn't necessarily transverse well to the keyboard and a spoken word and the way in which it is said and heard can be construed very differently when it is written and read. We are truly loosing the art of conversation in the spoken sense?
Fully agree, I've been misinterpreted on many occasions when I haven't meant something... without someone hearing your tone etc. things can quite easily be confused when reading them.

I do however agree that people only started 'taking the pee' out of the person in question after he was quite rude in response to a quite reasonable piece of advice, so he thoroughly brought it on himself. As much as 2 wrongs don't make a right, they do make it better   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

wotugonado

Banter/mickey taking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
People need a slightly thicker skin, try working on a building site or in the construction industry, dont think a single nice verbal exchange happens all day.
But its all about banter, mostly no one gets the hump, its just par for the course.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

uktotty

"We received a report about a message sent from your account to another eBay member through our Email Forwarding System. The message breaches our Misuse of eBay Email Forwarding System policy.

We want to let you know about the report and invite you to learn more about communication between sellers and buyers. For more information about the Email Forwarding System guidelines, copy this link into a new browser window:

m http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/r ... isuse.html m "

Seems he's still a twunt then!!

stargazer30

Quote from: "KTM_RIDER"don't be ridiculous.

the guy on here is offering MR2 wheels, bodykit and a Unichip.

The guy on ebay happens to be offering MR2 wheels, bodykit and a Unichip, but I think the fact that he is also offering a hardtop is pretty good evidence that they aren't the same person   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Is that the Unichip that adds 20bhp?   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:    I am seeing a pattern here.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

ray835

Quote from: "rbuckingham"that the member on here selling that
the ad has now disappeared from the sales might have a punt on it on flea-bay   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

ray835

pah!!! collection only thats me scuppered then ...............
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

ray835

it went for a £104 someones got a bargain ......

Treboeth

Ray where did you get that figure from my Ebay shows £360 final bid.

ray835

just watched it end now said winning bid £104

ray835

ray835

meant the body kit he was also selling   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Treboeth

Ray that is the bodykit the roof went for £360.

ray835

he tried selling the body kit on here then the ad vanished when he was challenged about his metal roof ,he wanted a fair few quid more than he got on flea bay on here

Treboeth

Quote from: "ray835"he tried selling the body kit on here then the ad vanished when he was challenged about his metal roof ,he wanted a fair few quid more than he got on flea bay on here
Ray  I have seen many members on here sell something on Ebay for less than they have advertised for sale to fellow members.

I have also seen one member selling an item on here at an inflated price that they bought on Ebay even before it had been delivered go figure  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

People need to look at the way they behave sometimes.

Tags: