When do you all take your hard top off?

Started by adscan, February 18, 2013, 22:51

adscan

I am keen to know when in the year you all take your hard tops off and go back to roof down motoring..

JiMR2

Hi there

I normally take mine off early march if the weather allows. If its tippin it down the weekend I wana whip it off I leave it on purely so the inside of car doesn't get soaked whilst carrying it through.

Should've taken it off weekend just gone in hindsight, was stunning weather! Doh!
AKA Cinnamon Jim

adscan

i must say, i was tempted to take mine off the weekend just gone. i think i will leave it a few weeks yet.

trevsmr2

I was thinking the same the other week ,tax is due in march ,so ill do mine then ,6 months off ,then back on again

iPap

I sold mine weeks into ownership, roof down all year round!
2001, Black MR2, Elise Leather Seats, Aircon and Factory TTE Kit, BC Coilovers, SP Brace, Corkys Front Brace, Devs\' Front Bushes, Rebuilt Toyota 1ZZ Engine, Head and Six Speed Box, Cobra Twin Exhaust, Decat Manifold, Short Shift and Solid Bushes, etc...

Pavett1990

Quote from: "iPap"I sold mine weeks into ownership, roof down all year round!

+1 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Treboeth

Normally put my hardtop on round Halloween to Just after New Years for the firework kn@bs  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Drove to Cardiff today roof up on the way up and roof down back home nothing like being on the motorway seeing astonished looks from "normals".

Also embarrassed an SLK driver into dropping her top in Cardiff  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Jandaw

Took it off Sunday a.m. Popped it in the house, did 180 miles to coast and back, put it back on ready for the snow on Thurs/Fri.
Simples

StuC

Was tempted to lose mine this weekend too, but had to remind myself that despite the cracking sunshine of the weekend... it did actually snow last week!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Might be a couple of weeks yet.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Maverikk

I still haven't taken hard top off and had a roof down drive!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Markb

I had mine off at the weekend just for the day (sunday was good here)..........tbh i only use the 2 at the weekend so the hard top is less likely to get damaged on the car than laying about the garage.....so probably off on the friday,back on the sunday unless the weather is really good.

frogger

NEVER   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Looks much better.

aluk49

When British Summer Time arrives 31st March  :-) :-) :-)

mr mr2

I took mine off 31st June 2010 and its still hanging up in the garage it's one of the reason I wanted a mr2 but its not my daily drive
Excelsior

dj2k21

I do prefer mine on tbh as it suits my car however it normally just comes off on the day I fancy going topless. Its not like its hard graft and ive even perfected a way to take it off by myself lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

StuC

Quote from: "dj2k21"I do prefer mine on tbh as it suits my car however it normally just comes off on the day I fancy going topless. Its not like its hard graft and ive even perfected a way to take it off by myself lol

You wont be able to do that on your own with that huge wing on the rear, I bet!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

dj2k21

Hahaha yeah I know mate once thats on its a no no lol I will need some form of winch on my garage roof lol

[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Mightyquin

Hard top?

The only need for a roof on the MR2 is to keep the rain out. If it ain't raining the roof's down!

Tags: