2zz Conversion kits

Started by Urban, February 21, 2013, 20:42

Urban

Who supplies these and how much should i expect to pay and what do you get in them etc. i will be doing this conversion as soon as funds permit so just doing some costings at the mo   s:?: :?: s:?:   cheers

dj2k21

Lol u gotta supply it all ur self, buy an engine and box, bolt it in and enjoy. Speak to matt performance on here. He will undertake the challenege I bet  s:) :) s:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Peter Wright

Lots of info on spyderchat  m http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread ... -swap-list m  there was someone doing a kit over there I believe his forum name was littlerocket
Also Roys Motors in Norwich completed a swap last year
Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

Mwr do a conversion kit, but you need to find an engine and box as well. Without a conversion kit it is not a straight swap. Pm steve-m-UK as he did a very neat conversion without much fuss.

p3t3

I bought most of my stuff from Monkey Wrench Racing. If you want the PPE exhaust though don't get it from them, it's cheaper straight from PPE  s;-) ;-) s;-) . Just be prepared to bend over for the tax man when it arrives in at customs  s:-( :-( s:-(
Any landing you walk away from is a good one!

steve-m-uk

The 2zz swap is something myself and VinnyP are looking at offering very soon (we are talking with the club about affiliate status) , it will be on a you supply the parts and we do the install basis , so you would gather together all the swap bits you require ( this would depend on year of your roadster and what donor you supply us with ) and supply a suitable donor vehicle,celica t-sport is best, 2000-2002. A running donor is a much better way of doing it as you can satisfy yourself it's a good engine and box before we remove the engine. An engine on it's own may be good,it may not, there is just no way of knowing. We would then remove the 2zz from the donor and install your 2zz and box into your roadster( a new clutch is a good idea but upto you as your original will fit ) and complete the wiring changes , then refresh the coolant and engine oil,filter.
Afterwards we can dispose of the donor remnants for you and pallet up your old 1zz, you can then choose to have your old engine either delivered back to you at your cost or we will dispose of it for you.
 It's very early days and we are still working out costs etc but think we can do the basic 2zz swap for a very reasonable price,this is something we would be doing on a weekend alongside our own jobs,so we would be looking at taking two weekends on average to complete a swap.
Would this be a service that would interest you guys?
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

loadswine

Brilliant idea Steve, it deserves to do well.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

steve-m-uk

Cheers, it was just something we came up with whilst doing my gearbox, it occurred to us that we have both the facilities and the knowledge to complete the swap and many  people seem to be put off by the lack of reliable info on how the swap is done, so if we made it a simple affair of you buy the bits and we will take care of the spannering then more people would be able to enjoy the 2zz experience at a reasonable cost. In reality we just love fiddling with roadsters, so if we can help others along the way then why not   s:D :D s:D
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

steve b

Always good to have more options  :-) :-) :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

Tags: