Has anyone used these tuner nuts?

Started by Wabbitkilla, March 5, 2013, 17:45

Wabbitkilla

Just looking for replacements for when I fit my new wheels, I've been let down on ebay supplying what I got last time.
 m http://www.rotashop.co.uk/red-tuner-nut ... 455529.htm m

Has anyone used this type before?
Any good?
Do they get clogged up with cr@p?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

FGrob

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Just looking for replacements for when I fit my new wheels, I've been let down on ebay supplying what I got last time.
 m http://www.rotashop.co.uk/red-tuner-nut ... 455529.htm m

Has anyone used this type before?
Any good?
Do they get clogged up with cr@p?
I had a similar set with my first alloys, didn't like the fact they let in water into the thread (yes I got rust showing   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  ) so I got rid of them and went for an enclosed type.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Wabbitkilla

Good point Rob, I hadn't thought of that!
I've got enclosed type now, but with use on the outside the coating wears and rust appears on the outside ... can't win eh?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

vinp182

I had a similar set on a mk2 and one of them snapped on the car so I took them all of.. I'd never use then again
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "vinp182"I had a similar set on a mk2 and one of them snapped on the car so I took them all of.. I'd never use then again

That has pretty much sewn it up Vinny, I shall get a new set of what I use at the moment, they've never caused problems... Just looking tatty after a couple of years in the open.

Tags: