More annoying beeping

Started by Darth Paul, June 11, 2004, 09:14

Darth Paul

Seatbelt beep. While I don't mind it reminding me I find it infuriating when manoeuvring the car on the drive (sans seatbelt) that the beeping continues after I stop and apply the handbrake!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  What's that all about. The frigging car is out of gear with the brake on! Really bugs me, this one.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

scottee

Mine doesnt beep, just have the light flash on the dash, now is that cos a) someones disconnected the beeper, or b) Jap Imports dont beep?

Darth Paul

Face-lifted cars beep. My old '02 didn't.

Anonymous

My '03 doesn't beep  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"My '03 doesn't beep  s:?: :?: s:?:

Nor does mine, least not that I've noticed and I'm sure I've driven it without the seatbelt.  Maybe it's an 04 thing?  I'll swap cars if you like, no-one'll notice   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

MRMike

Neither does mine! the beep is strong in you Master Sith
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

I've an 04 and sure mine doesn't beep as well   s:? :? s:?  

Although I think I've only driven to the end of the drive once or twice without the seatbelt on.

Darth Paul

WELL WHY DOES MINE BLOODY-WELL BEEP THEN?! EH, TOYOTA? AND IT GETS LOUDER AND FASTER THE LONGER YOU LEAVE IT!

Darth Paul

Teddy is now back in the pram.

Anonymous

Do you just have to start the engine up without the driver seatbelt on? Or do you have to actually move the car?

If you just have to start the engine, I can go and check cos I'm only 20 yards away from the car so can nip out and start it up and see what it does  s:) :) s:)

Darth Paul

Move the car. Then when the handbrake is applied the noise continues. After a while it gets faster/louder. Plugging in the seatbelt or turning of the ignition are the only ways to cancel it. I don't mind a warning noise whilst moving the car without the seatbelt on (that's the idea – a reminder), but surely it should stop once the handbrale's been applied?

Anonymous

How far do you need to move it? Our car park isn't very long (about two car lengths!!!)

Darth Paul

Um, dunno. About ten metres or so? Have a go, see if it happens! That way I'll know I haven't got a dud!  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

agh, the maddening beeps have finally caused me to de-lurk!!

I have an 04 and that beeps too, although it only seems to start once you go over a certain speed...

Anonymous

I'll try it on the way out of here then at home time and post something up when I get back home (about 18:00).

You never know, I could have a beep that I never knew I had  s;) ;) s;)  Or mine could be broke and not beeping  s:D :D s:D

Looks like I probably have it then and just never found it. That'll teach me to always put my seatbelt on before starting the engine  s;) ;) s;)

Darth Paul

I never put my belt on before starting the car, but I ALWAYS do before I move off. This has nothing to do with it though, but I had never considered the 'speed' thing setting it off. Usually coming in to work I'll stop in front of the gates (while they're opening) and jump out and grab the mail. Then I'll get back in and drive up the driveway without the belt on. Hello beeping.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  Perhaps if I didn't work here then I'd have never discovered this!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Oh, welcome btw!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RanceyBoy"agh, the maddening beeps have finally caused me to de-lurk!!

Welcome the Klingons  s;) ;) s;)

I drove to my local polling station last night, end of my lane without my belt on   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   VERY un-usual and i didn't get it.

I did get it in the Prius tho and it was f*cking annoying because even if you are in your drive and take it off the thing goe MENTAL!!

kanujunkie

looks like he's just special then!!!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

On the way home from work, I did the last 200 yards without the belt on, and when we popped out to get a video, I did about 300 yards from starting without the belt on. Must admit, it felt really weird and just plain wrong   s:) :) s:)  

Didn't get any beeping though   s:? :? s:?  Just the flashing light to remind me about the seatbelt.....is my '2 missing an annoying beep?   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

MRMike

Nope mine definitely doesn't beep..I'm betting this is something new for 04, certainly seems that way.  Why not do a poll?

I don't think I could put up with anymore bleeping..alarm..stereo tellling me to take the face off, reverse gear..lights on...door ajar...

Thinking about it..if I was reversing..switching the stereo off..pressing the alarm button..with the lights on..with the door ajar you could have a veritable ensemble of 4different kind of beeps
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Slacey

So the pre-'03 cars do have advantages over the newer ones then - no beeps!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Slacey"So the pre-'03 cars do have advantages over the newer ones then - no beeps!

nope cos my 03 doesn't beep

or is it broke  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"I never put my belt on before starting the car, but I ALWAYS do before I move off. This has nothing to do with it though, but I had never considered the 'speed' thing setting it off. Usually coming in to work I'll stop in front of the gates (while they're opening) and jump out and grab the mail. Then I'll get back in and drive up the driveway without the belt on. Hello beeping.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  Perhaps if I didn't work here then I'd have never discovered this!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Oh, welcome btw!

Most of 04 Toyota cars have advanced steabelt reminder.
Good thing about it is that you can turn it off, by using very specific procedure. Of course, I forgot how to do it, so I have to check the TSB... will be back...

Anonymous

Okie dokie,
----
Set Buzzer Off mode (seat belt)

a) Within 6 seconds after turning ignition switch to ON position, depress the ODO/TRIP switch for 10 seconds or more, and fasten drivers seat belt to enter buzzer on/off mode

b) When entering buzzer on/off mode, current status will show on ODO display, and you will be able to set it to buzzer off mode with ODO switch.

- if the switch is not operated for 10 secs, it will automatically exit
- when your battery - (negative) cable is disconected, computer will reset the mode back to ON.

Works? I know it works with new Rav4 and new Avensis, it is probably exactly the same system as in there.

Thank you for driving Toyota. And please rember - seat belts save lives!
 :-) :-) :-)

(i felt like a nice customer service agent there)[/b]

Darth Paul

You are a god.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: