More annoying beeping

Started by Darth Paul, June 11, 2004, 09:14

Darth Paul

Quote from: "spwolf"Okie dokie,
----
Set Buzzer Off mode (seat belt)

a) Within 6 seconds after turning ignition switch to ON position, depress the ODO/TRIP switch for 10 seconds or more, and fasten drivers seat belt to enter buzzer on/off mode

b) When entering buzzer on/off mode, current status will show on ODO display, and you will be able to set it to buzzer off mode with ODO switch.

- if the switch is not operated for 10 secs, it will automatically exit
- when your battery - (negative) cable is disconected, computer will reset the mode back to ON.

We all nee-ee-ee-eed, Thread Resurrection (just a little divine intervention...)

Just to confirm that this does indeed work.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I printed out these instructions weeks ago and promptly forgot about them. I found the print out whilst having a garage clear-out this w/e. Tried it this morning, and hey presto! Bloody annoying beep is no more.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

One point I'll add to the instructions – the odo needs to be in odo mode – not trip.

Anonymous

So you weren't going mad after all then  s;) ;) s;)

Are there any more secret diagnostic modes? On my missus' Puma, if you hold the trip reset switch in whilst turning the key in the ignition puts it into diagnostic mode. Gives you digital speed readouts, sensor readings, allsorts.

Asterix

Isn't this called an easter egg? I would love to hear more of those funny things.

Marcel

Asterix

----
Works? I know it works with new Rav4 and new Avensis, it is probably exactly the same system as in there.

(i felt like a nice customer service agent there)[/b]

Can you also use this procedure to turn the beeping ON on a 2003 model?

Marcel

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"
Quote from: "RanceyBoy"agh, the maddening beeps have finally caused me to de-lurk!!

Welcome the Klingons  s;) ;) s;)

I drove to my local polling station last night, end of my lane without my belt on   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   VERY un-usual and i didn't get it.

I did get it in the Prius tho and it was f*cking annoying because even if you are in your drive and take it off the thing goe MENTAL!!

Yep, but it can be disabled by the "magic" prods of buttons  above  s:) :) s:)  Will get mine next month   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Asterix"
----
Works? I know it works with new Rav4 and new Avensis, it is probably exactly the same system as in there.

(i felt like a nice customer service agent there)[/b]

Can you also use this procedure to turn the beeping ON on a 2003 model?

Marcel

i think only 2004 model has it, sorry!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"
----
Set Buzzer Off mode (seat belt)

a) Within 6 seconds after turning ignition switch to ON position, depress the ODO/TRIP switch for 10 seconds or more, and fasten drivers seat belt to enter buzzer on/off mode

b) When entering buzzer on/off mode, current status will show on ODO display, and you will be able to set it to buzzer off mode with ODO switch.

- if the switch is not operated for 10 secs, it will automatically exit
- when your battery - (negative) cable is disconected, computer will reset the mode back to ON.

We all nee-ee-ee-eed, Thread Resurrection (just a little divine intervention...)

Just to confirm that this does indeed work.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I printed out these instructions weeks ago and promptly forgot about them. I found the print out whilst having a garage clear-out this w/e. Tried it this morning, and hey presto! Bloody annoying beep is no more.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

One point I'll add to the instructions – the odo needs to be in odo mode – not trip.

Can anyone confirm this works on a UK 2004 model, just tried this and it didn't seem to work for me   s:? :? s:?   Turned on ignition with button held on, in odo mode, nothing happens on display?!

Any help appreciated ta.

Darth Paul

Yep, mine's an 04.

Anonymous

okay so i switch ignition to on

should i have odo button depressed already?

Or do i just quickly switch it to odo mode then hold?

How do i know im in the service mode, am i supposed to put the seatbelt in to invoke this?

Darth Paul

Quote from: "laanis"okay so i switch ignition to on

should i have odo button depressed already?

Or do i just quickly switch it to odo mode then hold?

How do i know I'm in the service mode, am i supposed to put the seatbelt in to invoke this?

Right, like this.

1. Ignition on (engine NOT on) and trip/odo into odo mode. If you've managed to do this within 6 secs then move onto point 3. If not, point 2.

2. Ignition off and on again.

3. Within 6 secs press and hold trip/odo button for 10 secs and fasten seatbelt. I can't remember if you fasten seatbelt during or after the 10 secs. So if one doesn't work try the other. The led odo display will change and you will get the option to turn the buzzer off with the odo button.

kanujunkie

just out of interest, did this work on 03's?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hanslow"I've an 04 and sure mine doesn't beep as well   s:? :? s:?  

Although I think I've only driven to the end of the drive once or twice without the seatbelt on.

my o4 doesnt bleep at me but does bleep if a passanger doesnt fasten there seatbelt or if i put a bag on the saet it thinks its a person   s:? :? s:?

Darth Paul

Quote from: "nic_wigan"
Quote from: "Hanslow"I've an 04 and sure mine doesn't beep as well   s:? :? s:?  

Although I think I've only driven to the end of the drive once or twice without the seatbelt on.

my o4 doesnt bleep at me but does bleep if a passanger doesnt fasten there seatbelt or if i put a bag on the saet it thinks its a person   s:? :? s:?

This is a new one!

fg

OK, just managed this on mine. After trial and error i found this worked for me

1) ignition ON
2) put your car into trip mode (a or b, doesnt seem to matter)
3) ignition off
4) ignition to ON
5) As quick as you can move to ODO mode, let go of the button when you get there, then hold it down for 10 seconds (if this is done within 6 seconds go to step 6, otherwise start again)
6) as soon as 10 seconds is over put the seatbelt in, screen will change as previously stated.

So, anyone know of anymore changes like this?

errr, have i just completed my first mod?
Ex Astral Black, 05 MR2 (Ah, open top motoring)
Ex Velocity Red, 06 RX-8 (expensive sports car)
Ex Sapphire Black, 08 Corsa Sri(cheap fastish motoring!)
Ex Grey, 10 Mazda 3 ts2 (yawn family motoring)
Silver, 12 Mercedes C-Class (more family motoring, but cheaper with a diesel)

GSB

Does it work if you throw it into reverse? Thats another beep I'd like to get rid of...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

fg

I thought that as well, unfortunately that little beep is still there on mine!!

When i had a celica they had a solution to that one, but it involved cutting wires i think! eeek

Also doesnt silence the keys in ignition, door open beep either.

Darth Paul

Quote from: "GSB"Does it work if you throw it into reverse? Thats another beep I'd like to get rid of...

Volvo have got it right. Our S40 is a six speed with exactly the same set up as the '2 box. Rather than have a permanent I'm-a-lorry-and-I'm-backing-up ridiculous beep, it just beeps twice as you engage reverse, and is actually useful. I actually like to hear the noise as it is reassuring, but the '2 is excessive.

fg

Yeh i agree. When i first got my Celica (same 6 speed gearbox as you all know), it was a good thing to have, at least 5 times i managed to stick it into reverse not 1st at the lights. Now I am used to it, a constant reverse beep is just annoying.

aaronjb

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Volvo have got it right. Our S40 is a six speed with exactly the same set up as the '2 box. Rather than have a permanent I'm-a-lorry-and-I'm-backing-up ridiculous beep, it just beeps twice as you engage reverse, and is actually useful. I actually like to hear the noise as it is reassuring, but the '2 is excessive.

The Japanese import 300ZX's have the same reversing beep as the new MR2's (UK ones didn't though) - apparently they have trouble telling what gear they're in out there...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  (Especially when you consider the 300ZX box was impossible to get into reverse at the best of times..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Do you just get the impression that the japs think we are incredibly bad drivers!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

That's the best thread I have read in a long time. At last the seatbelt bleep is gone! Actually I always ware my belt, but the problem was my was my mother-in-law! It always took me ages for her to struggle with the seat belt - as you couldn't dive far without the bleep going mad!

Cheers everyone.

Nathan

Tags: