washer jets.

Started by Pavett1990, March 21, 2013, 17:32

Zonda_

Quote from: "Pavett1990"
Quote from: "Zonda"How will you cope when ours are all 267  better than yours?    s:D :D s:D

than mine?

i have some on order in the post haha

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Must admit in current weather I wouldn't mind some heated jets like on my Audi, four jets with heat   s:D :D s:D

now that sounds cool.. donor car?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

No, than the v40 ones!
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Pavett1990

ahh yeah.. i think i will be the 1st oerson in history to say we will be superior with our peugeot parts   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

thestig84

Well for anyone is near Crawley, Bridges has plenty of volvos and pugs with them still fitted. I just like the squared off Volvo ones a bit more to look at. Very cheap from the scrappy too   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  !!

Zonda_

All the scrappies up here charge a minimum of a fiver so I'd rather buy new.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

ais

Can someone write this up in the how to section so future 2 owners can benefit   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Pavett1990

When mine arrive I will compile a how to on fitting and give description of which ones to buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dj2k21

Here is a guide on how I did mine

1. open bonnet on mr2

2. Pull off hoses fron each washer jet

3. Push the washers out of the hole or pull them out from the top if u prefer

4. Push the new washers into place, should click into place and feel solid

5. Reconnect hoses to washers

6. Close the bonnet

Done  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

shnazzle

Quote from: "dj2k21"Here is a guide on how I did mine

1. open bonnet on mr2

6. Close the bonnet

I'm going to have to pay a garage to do that for me  s:) :) s:)  hehehe
...neutiquam erro.

dj2k21

Haha I sure hope not lol
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Zonda_

Quote from: "shnazzle"
Quote from: "dj2k21"Here is a guide on how I did mine

1. open bonnet on mr2

6. Close the bonnet

I'm going to have to pay a garage to do that for me  s:) :) s:)  hehehe

One thing missed from that list that I found when I removed mine a couple of days back is that I needed 2 flat bladed screwdrivers to compress the clips on the underside of the jets before they would come out of the bonnet hole.

dj2k21

Oh no I just pushed mine out and the clips compress naturally as u do it I found

Zonda_

Mine wouldn't I nearly broke my bloody finger!

dj2k21

Ahhh that will be because I take mine out when I polish and wax the bonnet so they will be easier than yours which I guess wont ever have been out before?

kentsmudger

Ordered some for mine too!
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

shnazzle

Arrived today. A nice job for the day off tomorrow. Will post pics
...neutiquam erro.

Pavett1990

Mine should be here Tuesday now then?

Zonda_

Quote from: "shnazzle"Arrived today. A nice job for the day off tomorrow. Will post pics

Yep mine too.

Pavett1990

As it turns out mine came yesterday and the missus put them aside and forgot to mention that they were here

mr mr2

Got mine to day some thing to stick on the car tomorrow as long as it is Easier than putting on my manifold lol
Excelsior

shnazzle

So yeah they don't fit  s:) :) s:)

Need some DIY to get them to sit properly.
Also, mine spray downwards, which I hope I can adjust by sticking a small screwdriver in the hole and pointing it upwards.

The clip is far smaller than the original.

Also, the original has a 90 degree bend in the pipe connection. So on these, the pipe sticks out downwards. Should be ok, but it is a bit tight.

Had to use a screwdriver to push in the clips quite hard to get the original sprayers out
...neutiquam erro.

Pavett1990

Quote from: "shnazzle"So yeah they don't fit  s:) :) s:)

Also, mine spray downwards, which I hope I can adjust by sticking a small screwdriver in the hole and pointing it upwards.

Also, the original has a 90 degree bend in the pipe connection. So on these, the pipe sticks out downwards. Should be ok, but it is a bit tight.

Had to use a screwdriver to push in the clips quite hard to get the original sprayers out

can you let us know how you got them to stick? and if your able to angle the mist?

thanks

ash

shnazzle

Quote from: "Pavett1990"
Quote from: "shnazzle"So yeah they don't fit  s:) :) s:)

can you let us know how you got them to stick? and if your able to angle the mist?

thanks

ash
Will do when I give it a proper go.
Going to have to pull it back off and replace with stock one until I can think of a solution.

One easy solution is glue or tiger seal.

A more elegant solution would be to use a thin washer.
I will keep you updated
...neutiquam erro.

Pavett1990

great stuff im having a look at mine on sunday

shnazzle

Yeah Im not impressed. I can't get it working.
They simply don't fit and it'll take a grommet of sorts to make it fit.

The jets are poor with an odd spray pattern.

And they're matt black which looks naff on my black car.

Left new. Right original. Totally different size of clip.

Hole shape

Who's taking on the challenge?
...neutiquam erro.

Pavett1990

do you think they will fit with like tiger seal or a dab of something?

is there any chance you could get a photo of the mist spray working?

Tags: