Highways Agency

Started by 2 of the left, March 29, 2013, 22:34

2 of the left

Well down here in "sunny" Portsmouth we are not blighted by the atrocious weather that is hammering the rest of the UK. - BUT a couple of days ago I drove onto the M27, North of Pompey, just to find myself planted behind a salt and grit spreader "What's he spreading for?" I asked myself, trying to distance myself from him "There has been no adverse weather warnings!!"- On arriving home I found that the 2 had become 2 tone in colour - Grey and original Blue !!! - The liquid chemical he was spraying out has stuck like leprosy!! Two jet washes so far (it's coming off - gradually) Thankyou Agency for being over- efficient and wasteful!!!  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

carolineasb

So it's not just grit they use!!  Out of interest, can I ask (not knowing the Portsmouth area) is that the road near the Navy base?
2006 (56) Blue TF300 (Newbie)<br />2001 (Y)  Silver (Oldie)
2004 (04) Black (The Inbetweenie)

2 of the left

No, the M27 runs East / West and passes North of P'mouth - The M275 runs off of the 27 and leads into P'mouth and the Base.

Chilli Girl

What I don't understand, we (Salisbury) haven't seen rain for over a fortnight, the roads are bone dry but the Council insist they grit the road every night! Does it really warrant this? It seems a waste of money to me? I suppose, if they didn't grit we would all be moaning so they can't win really!
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

2 of the left

Quote from: "Chilli Girl"What I don't understand, we (Salisbury) haven't seen rain for over a fortnight, the roads are bone dry but the Council insist they grit the road every night! Does it really warrant this? It seems a waste of money to me? I suppose, if they didn't grit we would all be moaning so they can't win really!
I agree totally but it means power washing the undersides every fortnight!!

roger

We are all to blame. We can't drive sensibly on an icy road, and I bet if you lost it on same, the first port of call to vent your anger would be the Highways Agency.

I don't live as far south as Portsmouth, but share their weather forecasts, and night time temperatures below zero for most of the South are the norm at the moment. For the next week they are 0,0,-1,0,0,1,2 so I guess the gritters will be out again.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

carolineasb

Just wondered if you had cleaned underneath too??

I was asking about the road towards the base as recently I've heard specifically of 2 vehicles who lived near Forces bases that have terrible corrosion underneath (abnormally corroded) and wondered if there was a link.

Mike_V

Drench the wax oiled underneath of mine with WD40 before I go out when the roads are salt laden and again when I get back home.
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

2 of the left

Quote from: "carolineasb"Just wondered if you had cleaned underneath too??

I was asking about the road towards the base as recently I've heard specifically of 2 vehicles who lived near Forces bases that have terrible corrosion underneath (abnormally corroded) and wondered if there was a link.
Corrosion has been a major factor down here and has, in the past, been blamed on the salty sea air!!  s:( :( s:(

2 of the left

Quote from: "Mike_V"Drench the wax oiled underneath of mine with WD40 before I go out when the roads are salt laden and again when I get back home.
That is a tip I have given for years!! - I learnt that from all the flight crews on HM war canoes I served in - They were constantly using WD40 on the helos we carried!!

Mike_V

Quote from: "2 of the left"
Quote from: "Mike_V"Drench the wax oiled underneath of mine with WD40 before I go out when the roads are salt laden and again when I get back home.
That is a tip I have given for years!! - I learnt that from all the flight crews on HM war canoes I served in - They were constantly using WD40 on the helos we carried!!

+1
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

carolineasb

Of course, the first thought is salt from the sea but still both of these vehicles were really bad.  One vehicle has had to have pipes underneath replaced twice already under warranty!  And this one does not actually live as close to open sea as the other!

Tags: