Am I too tall?

Started by adam_d, April 12, 2013, 12:31

adam_d

Hi guys,

Haven't been around for a while (no time, hard working student   s:wink: :wink: s:wink: ) and I'm just getting back to looking for an MR2, but I've come across a problem.
I don't seem to fit in them very well. I thought the first couple had broken seats. I'm about 6' 1", and from searching around it seems like there are taller people than me that have no problems, but my legs are constantly up against the wheel, so it's not the most comfortable thing and quick turning is awkward.

Is there anything I can do to help with this? I don't want to let it put me off the car. Or am I being too worried over nothing?   s:P :P s:P  

Thanks.

JiMR2

I'm just under 6'2 and have no problems tbh...

Although after any one else has had a go and moved the seat its a git until i arrange it back...  

Put the seat all the way back, adjust the angle of the backrest. Lower the seat height by the turning wheel mech and adjust the steering wheel to suit - job done!
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Patch

I'm 6'2" and 17st, and I fit comfortably.

Once I got the seat set just right that is...

Wabbitkilla

I'm 6' tall and have no problem, it depends if you're long in the leg or long in the trunk too.
Just find someone who will let you sit in the car and see if you're comfortable.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Zonda_

I'm 6ft with long legs and they do brush the steering wheel occasionally. Nothing a smaller wheel wouldn't fix.  I see you're in Teesside, you're welcome to come and play with mine.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

dj2k21

Im also bang on 6ft. I actually have a smaller wheel in mine which may give u more option. Me and zonda are both close so maybe you could have a sit in both and see what u think of the wheel?
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

AndyM

Blimey you're a tall bunch here!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I'm going to feel out of place at Ding Day with only wheel arches and a bunch of knees for company.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

stargazer30

6ft 2" long legs and no issues here.  Am in Sunderland if you want to try sit in mine.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

mr mr2

6 foot 3 I'm fine
Excelsior

ray835

Quote from: "AndyM"Blimey you're a tall bunch here!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I'm going to feel out of place at Ding Day with only wheel arches and a bunch of knees for company.
you could always borrow the wife's stiletto's   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

AndyM

Quote from: "ray835"you could always borrow the wife's stiletto's  :.:

I think I'll just wheel the trolley jack round with me.

Flipside

I'm 6.2 aswell no issues
2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

adam_d

Thanks for the advice and offers guys, seems I am worrying over nothing.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SteveMK3

I'm 6'1" and I do know what you mean about the wheel and your knees but I've fitted a smaller wheel to mine and it's made a huge difference,so much more comfortable to drive  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

If you are over 5' 8" then yes you are too tall.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

AndyM

Quote from: "life of bryan"If you are over 5' 8" then yes you are too tall.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

+1 (minus 3 inches  s;) ;) s;)  )

bigbear007

Hi
I'm 6-1.5" with long legs had the same trouble, so went for an SMT had no problems at all great car. Just done the Paris run with not a spot of cramp or aches.
(bar a £65:00 re-map of the SMT CPU back to factory standard by Mr T Coventry on recommendation from Patrick of Rouge Motorsport, took an hour, no troubles)
Took me 4 months to find the right one though eventually did on Gumtree of all places.
happy hunting.
Silver 53 Plate SMT, TTE Exhaust, Style Bar, Spoiler, Red Leather, A/C, hardtop.
Quote; "The Bible contains much that is relevant today, like Noah taking 40 days to find a place to park."

phils99

I too am 6' 1" and I have 2 MR2's , one with cloth seats and one with leather, strangly, I feel it has more room in the car with leather seats!

Tags: