I'm looking for a ragtop - What makes the MR2 so good?

Started by Timbo, April 13, 2013, 20:25

trickyD

+1
Mine's ended up needing a few bits, but since the forum is (mostly) so helpful and bits are cheap, it's not so bad.
Oh and the car is so rewarding - it's totally worth it!
 s:D :D s:D
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

Timbo

I can certainly feel the love out there!   s:D :D s:D  

The only small issue I've got is finding one reasonably locally to go and see, there doesn't seem to be many around, although I expect that's due to the time of year   s8) 8) s8)

Two's Company

Take one for a test and you'll find out why we drive mr2s.

These cars are old now so a lot of them are tired. Look out for rear subframe rot, power steering pipes leaking, calipers binding, steering universaljoint problems, worn shocks and top mounts, roof issues, knackered engines.

Most of these things are down to the age of cars and salt so I'd buy the newest lowest mileage one you can afford that has been looked after. A rare find.

trickyD

I wonder what (if anything) he bought?

Bits for sale!

MR2Al

PM`d him over the w/end as there was a 2 in the local paper, he`s still looking, Timbo if you see this I have a cheap MGf for sale, head gasket upgraded  s:D :D s:D  .

Al.
04, Silver, totally unmolested. Hard Top...Off.

trickyD

...to a metal one (SIAC)?

Bits for sale!

mrzwei

Timbo, your epitaph:

'He slept beneath the moon, he basked beneath the sun; he lived a life of going to do and died with nothing done.'

FFS JFDI   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

2 of the left

Carpe Diem!!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

MR2Al

Yeah, the triple shim type with non stretch bolts etc.

Al.

eynonz

Quote from: "2 of the left"Carpe Diem!!!

*BLUE 2002 PRE-FACELIFT* - Markiii Pipe - Longlife Exhaust System - "The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings" -  Unknown Brand Front Strut Brace - More to come \";)\"

trickyD

Is he even active on the forum any more?
I bet he bought the MG

Bits for sale!

Timbo

Quote from: "trickyD"Is he even active on the forum any more?
I bet he bought the MG

On here nearly every day, and still looking. Quite a few TFs locally but not a lot on the MR2 front. As someone suggested earlier, I'm not going to rush in, I know what I want and am willing to wait till it comes around.

StuC

How do you feel about the ones in the For Sale section?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Timbo

Quote from: "StuC"How do you feel about the ones in the For Sale section?

I've liked several of them (like the green one that's just gone on), but I don't have the time at the mo to travel around the country to view, so I'm limited to stuff locally, which is pretty non existent. This may be because of the weather, or just due to the fact that the SW is pretty sparse for MR2s. there have been a couple of PFLs advertised, but I really want a FL model.

trickyD

Glad to hear you are still looking!
What town are you near? I can't believe they're that rare?

D

Bits for sale!

trickyD

That green one is amazing, why haven't you bought it?
It's clearly a genuine owners club car so I might even be tempted to buy it blind!

Bits for sale!

trickyD

There is also the low miles black one with AC in Bedford.

Bits for sale!

MR2Al

Timbo is right about 2`s being a bit thin on the ground down here in the south west, geoghraphy really,  because you have not got the large cities all within an hour or so drive that you have further north, so less people, fewer cars, and those cars are further apart, it took me 6 or 7 months to find a good one (hopefully) after my first one was written off, I set a radius of 100miles and even then only had a choice of 4 or 5 to look at, and if you put in a 100 miles from Devon you get results up to mid wales as they are as the crow flies distances, very frusrating.

Al

Tags: