Front & Rear Strut Bars

Started by Peter Wright, June 19, 2004, 21:12

Peter Wright

I have been looking for the above to minimize the scuttle & shake

However I was talking to my local engineering shop who has made them before for stock cars etc & he says he can do them for about £50 each

He then asked,   "do they have to be spring loaded or not,"    not knowing what he was talking about I said, "I would find out"

So do they or not or does it not matter

Or any other questions I should ask him

Pete   s:? :? s:?
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

Do you not have the antiflex plate as that helps quite a bit.

SteveJ

As Kris says, the anti-flex plate is probably the best solution for scuttle shake as it reduces the amount of twist in the floor-pan.

For out & out improvement to handling, the first thing I would fit is a front strut brace.

Rear strut braces IMHO are a waste of time as they only reduce the movement between the turrets by about 0.5mm (someone on SC a while ago measured nearly 5mm of movement on the front turrets without a strut brace  s:? :? s:?  with less than 1mm once the FSB was fitted - the stock RSB seems to do a pretty good job allready with negligable gains available)

SteveJ

PS. They dont need to be spring loaded - a solid bar is fine.

Tem

Quote from: "SteveJ"PS. They dont need to be spring loaded - a solid bar is fine.

What does spring loaded mean anyway?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Peter Wright

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "SteveJ"PS. They dont need to be spring loaded - a solid bar is fine.

What does spring loaded mean anyway?

I dont know Tem thats one of the reasons I posted

Pete   s:? :? s:?
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Tags: