roof down and MPG ...

Started by Anonymous, June 22, 2004, 12:39

Anonymous

Does having the roof down help or increase MPG? if so by how much ?
I would have thought there would be little change as with the roof down you dont get the same "parashoot" effect of just the windows down ..

Slacey

Theoretically MPG will be worse with the roof down as he aerodynamics are seriously compromised, but in practice it doesn't make much of a difference in my experience, I seem to get 320 miles to a tank regardless of where the roof is!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

i get between 36 to 38 all the time no matter if the roofs down up around town or down the M way

Gr   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

when i have the roof down on a dual carriageway, i can definately feel a difference in accleration. only affects the acceleration once aerodynamics and drag come into effect (probably about 50-60mph)

so if the engine has to work harder, then it must affect MPG

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Slacey"I seem to get 320 miles to a tank regardless of where the roof is!
320miles is a lot ot a tank; I've never got that much.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Must be using the right foor too much  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Slacey

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "Slacey"I seem to get 320 miles to a tank regardless of where the roof is!
320miles is a lot ot a tank; I've never got that much.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Must be using the right foor too much  s:? :? s:?
Trust me, I'm never gentle with the throttle, but I get that MPG all the while, no matter how I drive - there usually is a fair amount of motorway though.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: