Work ongoing.

Started by Mike_V, May 31, 2013, 21:22

Mike_V

Hoping to get the steering rack and power steering pipes that I refurbished fitted tomorrow, change of mind means a lot more changes to come.......

EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

s12vea

What exciting changes are these Mike?
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Mike_V

Didn't say exciting but I'll post when all done  s;-) ;-) s;-)
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.

s12vea

Will look forward to seeing the "not exciting" bits  s;) ;) s;)
TF204 Blue

Jandaw

Saw the pipe work in the flesh. Lovely job. I take it you managed to undo that obstinate fitting.

Anonymous

Mike that is just a work of art mate. Well done.

Two's Company

Where did you get the fittings for the pipes? I true to get them from pirtek but they couldn't get them.

Mike_V

Got them from an ex member  s;-) ;-) s;-) . Sanded them down, sprayed with 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of finish colour then three coats of Plasti-Dip rubber coating.

shnazzle

I need this. My power steering seems to show a bit of a leak. How much does such a new assembly set you back?
...neutiquam erro.

Wabbitkilla

If you were to buy the pipes on their own they would cost you £249+vat.

Don't know the price of the rack.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

shnazzle

Eek!

Starting to think it may be an idea to get rid of this car, cut my losses and try again on a nice facelift
...neutiquam erro.

Mike_V

Well. Didn't get the steering rack fitted due to last minute issues that needed to be tended to so didn't have enough time, decided to continue bringing the front end up to spec though and got this done.

FGrob

Nice one Mike - you are getting as bad as me.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Mike_V

Finally got the steering rack fitted and only some touch up required now.

Mike_V

After getting all this done and the suspension problems that I had, had a good run out in the South Lakes area today and the car felt fabulous. My local garage who did my alignment (again) said bring it back in two weeks and we'll re check all of the torque settings and tracking again free gratis, now that's what I call service  :-) :-) :-)

spit

Fine result Mike. Looking good.

Sounds like you've found a good garage there   s8) 8) s8)  Which of your locations is it local to?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Mike_V

Westgate Tyres in Morecambe, they're young, enthusiastic and take pride in their work. They're not just tyre fitters but all trained mechanics, they've become friends and I can't praise them highly enough.

spit

Wow, I was using them back in the days of the mullet   s:D :D s:D . They've always had a great bunch of mechanics on hand there. Glad they're still going strong.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Mike_V

Drained my catch tank after a couple of thousand miles and there wasn't much in it, just a bit of dark fluid smelling of fuel/oil and no condensation at all, don't know if this is a good sign or not!

Mike_V

A job I've been meaning to do for some time, took off the ABS Actuator and bracket and this is what I found, probably common to most "2"s now.

New bracket duly waxoiled.

Actuator tidied up and fitted, ready to back on tomorrow.

s12vea

Much improved mike
TF204 Blue

shep1975

Wish I had the skills to do this kind of work myself. Lovely job.

Markb

Worth checking the pipe work and the rack tube for for rust....i had the covers off doing an oil and filter change,noticed some minor rust,painted the rack tube and cleaned the pipes up,put a light coating of grease on the pipes and covered them with black split conduit tubing,it actually looked quite good  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  i actually did the same with the Rav4 a while back and it seems to protect the pipes well.

Mike_V

All done  :-) :-) :-)

Tags: