can you fit a back box onto a 2 ???

Started by ty222, June 2, 2013, 20:21

ty222

im looking for a bit more of a growl from my exhaust and im also wanting to make the back look better. si im just wonderingcan you fit a back box, if so what size would it need to be.At the moment my car is standard. would one in any way affect the performance?

Zonda_

No exhaust is going to give you power increases that are noticeable.  I'm pretty sure the Roadster exhaust is one complete unit,  not separate boxes like larger front engined cars.  £250 will buy you a complete, fitted,  twin exit stainless system.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

roger

Quote from: "Zonda_"the Roadster exhaust is one complete unit,  not separate boxes.

+ 1. Not sure what you mean, "making the back look better". What had you in mind? Changing the position or style of tips is about as much as you can do, though not every exhaust gives you an unlimiteds configuration, so it may be a compromise somewhere along the line.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

ty222

i just meant maybe a dual exit or a bigger tip to make it look a bit better,it was mainly the sound i wanted to improve as i have a slight rattle somewhere.

Zonda_

What are you looking to spend?  It sounds like the baffles have gone in mine hence getting the Powerflow, they will customise the sound to your own preference.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

stargazer30

Quote from: "ty222"i just meant maybe a dual exit or a bigger tip to make it look a bit better,it was mainly the sound i wanted to improve as i have a slight rattle somewhere.

CAT heatsheild is a common rattle.  Or in my case the heat sheild between the exhaust and the intake pipe was the culprit.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Richard41

Quote from: "stargazer30"
Quote from: "ty222"i just meant maybe a dual exit or a bigger tip to make it look a bit better,it was mainly the sound i wanted to improve as i have a slight rattle somewhere.

CAT heatsheild is a common rattle.  Or in my case the heat sheild between the exhaust and the intake pipe was the culprit.

had the same problem though couldn't be sure which part was to blame as it was all pretty rusty.

get under it and remove the tray, several bolts on my cat heat heat shield were rusty/missing, replaced them then jubilee clipped the shield marked in this thread while I was there.

l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15561&hilit=exhaust+rattle l

Rattle on mine wasn't too bad with stock exhaust but much worse after fitting something louder, all gone now.

Quotei just meant maybe a dual exit or a bigger tip to make it look a bit better,it was mainly the sound i wanted to improve as i have a slight rattle somewhere.

Put a dual Cobra on mine last week, looks great but its very loud   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  compared to stock, in hindsight I should have had a listen from inside a car with one fitted so maybe worth getting to some meets & blagging a few rides before you commit   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: