Will this fit inside the car if i remove the passenger seat

Started by Anonymous, June 3, 2013, 11:37

Anonymous

Yes i just bought it !! wahoo  s:) :) s:)

AndyM

Maybe fit the one with the spoiler on the car when you get there, then put your old lid in the passenger space.

If you put the spoiler one in there is more of a risk of the catching something and damaging the spoiler.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

Anonymous

Ive been outside with a tape measure.. doesn't look like its going to fit!

contacted DVLA to ask their advice ^.^

could always borrow my dads car.

AndyM

What are the dimensions of a flat lid mate? I managed to fit a flat pack workbench in mine with the roof up (100cmx60cm ish) last week to bring home from work. I just put it behind the seats.

If you picked a day with the roof down I think you'd be fine as it could stick up a little higher. As I said though, I'd put the spoiler one on the car when you collect to make it easier.

AckersMR2

Could you not just take some pipe insulation or something similar and cargo strapping and strap one boot lid on top of the other?
My only car is a Ducati 

AndyM

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Could you not just take some pipe insulation or something similar and cargo strapping and strap one boot lid on top of the other?

Nice thinking   s8) 8) s8)   Basically like a luggage rack.

Anonymous

1st - Andy Dimensions:

140cm - 61 cm. I will need to take hard top off (which is fine) and remove seats ( again is fine) ... as long as it doesn't rain ^.^

2nd - Ackers,

I know what your getting at, but im scared its gonna fall off! especially with the added drag on the spoiler... good idea, i may consider it.

AckersMR2

Quote from: "dj vinxy"I know what your getting at, but I'm scared its gonna fall off! especially with the added drag on the spoiler... good idea, i may consider it.

I doubt it, a couple straps to stop it moving forward/backwards and the same to stop it moving side to side, plenty of padding in between and on top to protect the new one from the straps, jobs a good'un, you don't have to race home with it on.

What are you planning on doing with your old boot lid? they're not easy to sell, theres not much call for them so you could just swap it over there and ask the guy if he wants it or will dump it for you?
My only car is a Ducati 

JiMR2

Be safe take ya dads motor!
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Zonda_

Can't you just arrange for a courier to pick it up?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

onion86

Quote from: "JiMR2"Be safe take ya dads motor!
+1 I fitted one in the back seat of our Fiesta (it won't fit width ways though as the bootlid is wider than the Fiesta) with the boot completely full so it's not exactly massive, had to do a bit of angling though. Don't think it would've fit with a spoiler on but if you can get it in the boot then it would be fine.

I imagine it would be quite hard to hold it steady in the passenger area of the '2 and if you had it the way round where it would rest nicely it would act like a massive wind brake and pull loads of air into the car (I did that with a snowboard once). Or go for the fit it to the existing lid idea  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

tomaky

Just pack the passenger area around it and one the elastic hooked strap's gunna be more than adequet  s:) :) s:)
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Anonymous

BUMP

Does anyone know what type of Spoiler this it ^.^

mr mr2

is it this one ?
Excelsior

Anonymous

yes it looks like it

Anonymous

Any ideas? :p

mr mr2

It's a members car and his name is lol some one will no to nite I'm sure sorry
Excelsior

StuC

Isn't it very similar to this one?

linky
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Anonymous

yes stu

Think it is  s:D :D s:D  wondered if i was imagining it...

Cant wait to get it fitted on thursday!!  s:D :D s:D

Jrichards20

Vinxy, what will you be doing with your old lid?
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

cabbydave

Just drive down with no engine lid in and fit the new one on when you get there That's what I did when I bought mine

Anonymous

Thanks... I asked the police, dept of transport, vosa and none of them would allow it.

Josh im holding onto it.

cabbydave

I think the Police and Vosa think the car has the engine in the front so there are exposed moving parts which the 2 doesn't

Anonymous

Thanks mate. But I did explain all of that.

No worries though this has been resolved because bigbear picked it up for me in his artic

StuC

Quote from: "dj vinxy"bigbear picked it up for me in his artic

WOW, talk about overkill!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tags: