Weather

Started by Shredder, July 5, 2013, 12:45

dj2k21

Thank you both  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Two's Company

Quote from: "eynonz"
Quote from: "Two's Company"Embarassingly I still have the hardtop on!    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  I must get someone to help me take it off.

Good lord man, I hope you have A/C, otherwise I dread to think how hot the inside of your car would be   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I feel suitably berated for my sins and the roof is off! I don't have AC. Only a couple of times have I regretted not shelling out the extra 900 quid. If I had known I would keep the car this long I would have paid it.

ray835

i'm lazy my lids still on and the aircon at present is bust until i can get round to fixing it ............
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "Two's Company"I feel suitably berated for my sins and the roof is off!
I should hope so to  s;) ;) s;)
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

Two's Company

Roof down on the way to work this morning.   s8) 8) s8)  

I haven't heard the H&S pop and growl for months - it's like having a new car!  The BC's also seem to work better without the hardtop which is odd.  I have a Corky MSMB but it seems a bit of extra flex without the roof has made the ride better over bumps.    s:? :? s:?

StuC

Sounds like a whole bunch of WINS to me for doing the right thing and going topless!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

dcod

No 'burning' today folks   s:( :( s:(
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

simers

27 degrees here and stuck in the gsr lancer and the a4.... God I miss going topless  s;) ;) s;) :)
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

AndyM

32 here today... hot hot hot   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

dcod

26 ... 1mph wind ... I'll be leaving at 4.30 ... I wish I didn't have a black car ... with black leather seats   s:( :( s:(
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Topdownman

Well,

I've been loving the drive into work the last few days but is anyone else finding it a wee bit uncomfortable in the heat of the day? If you'd told me a couple of months ago when I bought the '2 that it would be too warm with the top down I'd have had a good laugh!

Driving around today reminded me of driving through Death Valley a few years ago in a convertible mustang, the roof was up for that one with the air con on ( despite the road signs that warn against using it)!

I'm not complaining mind......
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

tomaky

Hehe especially when car has been parked in sun the car is horrendous!
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

jinxedkitten

Went out to a medieval fayre at Tewkesbury today. It was so hot on the way back, both me and the car had our tops off!

Also followed by police all the way so couldnt properly appreciate the drive as constantly checking my Speedo - so easy to press the loud pedal a bit too hard accidentally.

Just been out and put white towels over the seats, steering wheel and centre console in preparation for a drive to Reading so hopefully won't get a baked bum and hands later.
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

AckersMR2

It's almost too hot, I was offered a chance to going cycling the circumference of Poole Harbour today with some lunatic mates, I promptly passed on the opportunity.
Best time to get out will be early tomorrow morning, not too hot and no traffic  s:) :) s:)
My only car is a Ducati 

StuC

Ideal weather for lying under the wife's car and sorting the exhaust which had decided to come apart.  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

simers

Quote from: "StuC"Ideal weather for lying under the wife's car and sorting the exhaust which had decided to come apart.  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
I was fitting a twin exit on the Audi in that heat... Chronic so it....
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

2 of the left

Quote from: "simers"
Quote from: "StuC"Ideal weather for lying under the wife's car and sorting the exhaust which had decided to come apart.  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
I was fitting a twin exit on the Audi in that heat... Chronic so it....
AND I thought submariners were the only Sun - Dodgers!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

StuC

I spent 3 hours travelling back on Sunday last week with the top down and I resembled a lobster. It's best for the public that I dodge the sun!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Markb

You lot are getting the heat we had mid week.........its cooled down a few degrees now,so not as uncomfortable.....i must say I've really enjoyed the past couple of days in the 2 with the top down.Why does every idiot in a vw tdi want to take you at the lights,so far its been 2 passats,a golf and 2 jettas....lol....spotted a few 2s as well,a couple of silver ones and a red edition.....not as common as the mx5 though,theres loads of them knocking about.

AndyM

Would have been lovely had I not got caught in the M6 closure and been at a standstill for hours  s:( :( s:(

Flabby Wings

Quote from: "Two's Company"
Quote from: "eynonz"
Quote from: "Two's Company"Embarassingly I still have the hardtop on!    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  I must get someone to help me take it off.

Good lord man, I hope you have A/C, otherwise I dread to think how hot the inside of your car would be   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I feel suitably berated for my sins and the roof is off! I don't have AC. Only a couple of times have I regretted not shelling out the extra 900 quid. If I had known I would keep the car this long I would have paid it.
My hardtop hasn't been on long, but now it's on it isn't coming off.

I bought a 2 for how it drives, not how it drives topless.  The fact that the hardtop has stiffened the chassis and mostly stopped everything rattling as I drive it is more than half the reason I persist with it.  The fact that I started to lose my hair just as the 2 went on sale, and that fortunately my 2 came with the magic gateway to the Arctic that is an A/C button in a Toyota, just adds extra weight to my view that lid on is the only way to go.
Blue 2001 Roadster: No precats; Aluminium gear linkage bushings; clear side repeaters; K&N panel filter; Hardtop; new PCV; new timing chain tensioner; . . .

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I could think of easier ways to commit suicide on a Roadster forum!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

AndyM

Oh, on the topic of A/C... While in the afore mentioned standstill traffic jam, I found out my aircon needs regassing as its just blowing the air around rather than cooling it.

StuC

Double fail  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

smarty72

QuoteI bought a 2 for how it drives, not how it drives topless.  The fact that the hardtop has stiffened the chassis and mostly stopped everything rattling as I drive it is more than half the reason I persist with it.  The fact that I started to lose my hair just as the 2 went on sale, and that fortunately my 2 came with the magic gateway to the Arctic that is an A/C button in a Toyota, just adds extra weight to my view that lid on is the only way to go.

I love two seater coupe's so much I bought a roadster!!!  s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?
current: Astral Black FL

Ex: Forest Green 2003.

Tags: