Weather

Started by Shredder, July 5, 2013, 12:45

Markb

Quote from: "smarty2072"
QuoteI bought a 2 for how it drives, not how it drives topless.  The fact that the hardtop has stiffened the chassis and mostly stopped everything rattling as I drive it is more than half the reason I persist with it.  The fact that I started to lose my hair just as the 2 went on sale, and that fortunately my 2 came with the magic gateway to the Arctic that is an A/C button in a Toyota, just adds extra weight to my view that lid on is the only way to go.

I love two seater coupe's so much I bought a roadster!!!  s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?

Get a baseball cap and enjoy the sun,never thought i would enjoy topless driving as much.I don't notice any difference how it drives with or without the hard or soft top on or off....in fact i'm amazed at how quiet the car is driving with the top down/hardtop off (no rattles at all here),actually had to look at the rev counter last night at the lights to see if it was still running  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Two's Company

Quote from: "Flabby Wings"I bought a 2 for how it drives, not how it drives topless.  The fact that the hardtop has stiffened the chassis and mostly stopped everything rattling as I drive it is more than half the reason I persist with it.  The fact that I started to lose my hair just as the 2 went on sale, and that fortunately my 2 came with the magic gateway to the Arctic that is an A/C button in a Toyota, just adds extra weight to my view that lid on is the only way to go.

Do you have any chassis bracing? Get a big mid brace and the rattles disappear in a similar way to having the hard top on.

Markb

What rattles,is this a pre face lift thing?.......i haven't heard anything on mine,ever.

Two's Company

Mine is facelift. The rattles started when the suspension was changed for much stiffer BC's.

s12vea

130 mile round trip to a meeting with the company paying for the fuel! Very enjoyable drive with the roof down  s:) :) s:)
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

puma2

s:D :D s:D  roof down in Cardiff last few nights starting a few trips around 1am for a few hrs  s:D :D s:D  
always  roof down and windows not just in summer but in the cold as well  s:) :) s:)  

roof up only when car is in garage or i have walked away from it  or it get caught out in the rain, never goes out in the rain unless to meet:bounce:   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

2 of the left

No rattles in mine unless the a/c has been on too long and then the teeth start ( Top up or down!!)  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Markb

Using the 2 since Friday as its been so warm.....260 miles to £40 mixed driving.....39-40 mpg,i'm happy with that.

dcod

On the bright side, my mpg has gone up by 3   s:D :D s:D   .... however, my car performs like an asthma sufferer doing the 100m after midday   s:( :( s:(
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Funk

Had my first convertible experience on the weekend and i'm converted... The only thing i'm wondering is why i didnt get one of these years ago!

mrzwei

Just to be a real party pooper, had to use the Saab today, climate control on full blast, windows shut tight, orgasmic   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

The thermometer on the garden fence read 40c!
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

AckersMR2

I think this advert was made for me  s:( :( s:(

http://youtu.be/KgHlAdSpn7Y

Just need to add the line:
"This is the man who bought a Roadster for the wettest summer on record, and lost it just before the driest!"  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

StuC

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

You do have an awesome new toy to sweat it out on!!  s;-) ;-) s;-)

That..

Or just buy another one!!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

AckersMR2

Quote from: "StuC"Or just buy another one!!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I daren't, I'll curse the summer for everyone else  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

AndyM

Quote from: "AckersMR2"
Quote from: "StuC"Or just buy another one!!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I daren't, I'll curse the summer for everyone else  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I think you should wait till October or so then you can get a cheap one and not ruin it for the rest of us. Win win  s;) ;) s;)
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

StuC

+1 to that Andy
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tags: