MR2 Pics

Started by Anonymous, July 16, 2003, 11:33

Anonymous

Anyone have any decent pics of their '2 in a sort of Arty fashion, nice backgrounds, reflected light, that sort of thing, at high-res?.  I've seen loads around, but most are low res... and so not really much use as a backdrop.

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"Anyone have any decent pics of their '2 in a sort of Arty fashion, nice backgrounds, reflected light, that sort of thing, at high-res?.  I've seen loads around, but most are low res... and so not really much use as a backdrop.

i have a couple of photos where i have taken the shot into the light and you get a silhouette or the '2 with a lens flair from the sun... they are still in high res format which is why ive not put them on my site yet... can post a link later for you (assuming they are ok... not really had a proper look at the quality of it!)

Anonymous

Only one I can find just now is this one

I can certainly stick a starburst filter on my camera and get some more...what sort of thing are you looking for?

Anonymous

Looking for something for a screen backdrop, but I run at 1600x1200 so most pics on the web are not much use.   Something to really set off the stunning looks of the '2 and impress my friends and colleagues further.

Kris, yours sounds great, if you get chance please chuck a link my way.

Mr Stevens while it sounds like you could get some cool pics, I'd hate for you to waste any time on it.  I'm guessing specifically taking some pics is far too much effort for a backdrop.

Thanks chaps, do appreciate your helpfullness.

Anonymous

Here are a couple of standard ones... the backgrounds could always be blurred/replaced but this is all i have that you might like on my server right now.

I'll let you know the location of the latest ones tonight when i get home from work.

(I can supply high-res copies of any of these)

Anonymous

Those are definately usable.  Certianly the last one.  I'd be interested in your "latest" ones tonight too.   Sometimes I'm glad I can use photoshop  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Phil, do you know anyone with a digital camera? Surely it would easier to take pictures of your own car and download them as you want them?

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"Phil, do you know anyone with a digital camera? Surely it would easier to take pictures of your own car and download them as you want them?

Good idea, I will be bring my digital camera and digital cam corder to JAE if anyone wants some pics of their car done.

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"Phil, do you know anyone with a digital camera? Surely it would easier to take pictures of your own car and download them as you want them?

I agree.  But for some reason I'm almost never impressed with my own pictures.  It's something to do with the fact that the camera doesn't grab the scene as well as my eye, and so when I look at the picture afterwards I can see the missing details.  However when I see someone elses picture, I've never seen the real thing, so they always seem a lot better.

Sometimes I seem to get it right, but not very often.

This of course is part of the reason I'd feel very guilty if anyone went to very much trouble.

Anonymous

I am very happy to get some arty shots of the 2 for anyone.  I will be around at JAE on the Saturday.  

As you can see from the camera gear, I dont mind taking photos.  

http://www.mr2-photos.co.uk/camera.htm

My camera will take images up to 2560 x 1920 with no loss.  So this should be fine.

The other half is used to me lying in the bushes or at stupid angles to get the shot!

Anonymous

Others available of my 2 at
http://www.mr2-photos.co.uk/home_cs.htm

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"I am very happy to get some arty shots of the 2 for anyone.

Well if you do get any, I'd not mind any highres versions, but as I said, unless you enjoy it, don't go to any special trouble  s:) :) s:)

Quote from: "cstevens"As you can see from the camera gear, I dont mind taking photos.

No kidding!  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

I would do that Phi. I agree with what you say. The pictures I take never look as good as someone elses. I am sure it is the same for other people looking at YOUR pictures though!!!

Just get someone at JAE to take them. Make sure you find a nice backdrop though. Maybe like.......err.........20 other MR2's!!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"Just get someone at JAE to take them. Make sure you find a nice backdrop though. Maybe like.......err.........20 other MR2's!!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

now that would be a good wallpaper.

Anonymous

Yes, something like these ones I took at Chelmsford then

or this

Anonymous

hehehe, that's cool... not a sight you see every day  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

You should crop that "thing" in the distance! MR2 pic only   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Yeah, sorry about that Victor.

Anonymous

HI
How about a Texas Red Spyder/Roadster? Better have broadband for viewing/

Rex

http://webpages.charter.net/rexster/DSC01242

Anonymous

Jeeze, that's almost scarey  s:) :) s:)

Tags: