Pirelli p6000s

Started by Anonymous, July 6, 2004, 10:59

Anonymous

Its that tyre time again,

Theres a place where i live that will do me two Pirelli P6000's for the rears (pre 03) for £100.  Are they decent enough?

I was going to go with etyres Brdigestone RE040 or RE070, but its adding an extra 1/3 to the cost.  

I've heard the p6000's are a bit of a budget tyre, but they're more than the bridgestones on etyres.

Tem

It's really just a grocery getter tyre... s:? :? s:?  Skip it, unless you plan to drive slow all the time or can live with "familycar grip"...those don't even seem to wear at all to give a good excuse for a new set  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

thought as much,

It's the bridgestones then i think

darrenjuggins

Bridgestones - RE040's you should be able to pick up fitted at £70 a corner easily enough from Tanvics (which is where I go in lincoln).

Cheers

D   s8) 8) s8)
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

remember, dont mix tyres on the '2 unless you want to see what its like in a ditch. Toyo's are the way to go and will be about that, if not cheaper for 2. I got a complete set for mine for £170 from  w www.mytyres.net w

Anonymous

Yeah the dealer put 2 new front tyres on before I bought it and they're nankangs, looking at the website they don't seem too pro.

Having said that, I've had no real problems and I don't drive sedately, under steers way before any over steer (possibly because my back tyres are a lot better than my front)

At mytyres i've then got to get them stuck on the car havn't I, Kwik fit will do that for a tenner a tyre, so 210 all in?

Anonymous

sounds about right, probably still cheaper than they would be if you went direct to a tyre place.

Anonymous

Let an italian who actually drove the Pirellis tell you something about those P6000 rubbers: never.   s8) 8) s8)

Tags: