Sat Nav

Started by Peter Wright, July 6, 2004, 21:59

Peter Wright

Anybody have any thoughts on this system

Please go to page 6/7 top right hand corner

m http://www.makro.co.uk/flash15/nonfood/nonfood.html m

Hope the link works if not will redue in morning   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

not working for me mate...

Anonymous

Does look a good deal. Some more info and comments here.

Most people seem to rate it as a bit of a bargain, so don't think you can go wrong  s:) :) s:)

I run an oldish 3600 IPAQ with my Garmin Etrex for GPS and it works a treat  s;) ;) s;)  This should be a little faster and neater though  s:D :D s:D

Edited to add : the link worked fine for me   s:? :? s:?

Slacey

That looks a great deal! I run an iPAQ 3850 with the latest version of Tom Tom (had an early version of CoPilot software and reciever before that) and it's been faultless - I'm genuinly lost without it now and have forgotten how to read maps!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

i run ipaq H5550 with TTN3, not the cheapest way of doing it!!! but is excellent

not sure on the software or receiver but a mate of mine has the H1940 and has been very happy with it, as far as i'm aware the difference is the lack of Bluetooth. i found the ipaq for £170 straight off inc vat. would suggest the Rx and software may be a pile of poo due to the cost difference.

have always been an advocate of you pay for what you get
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Thats Ex VAT BTW. Works out at 269ish which i guess till aint too bad.

I quite fancy one of these...  m http://www.totalpda.co.uk/productView.aspx?ID=4686 m

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I quite fancy one of these...  m http://www.totalpda.co.uk/productView.aspx?ID=4686 m

While they're quite good, they're pretty pricey considering you can get a PDA version for a few quid more and for that you get a PDA as well...

Having a proper PDA has a few benefits, such as
a) actually having a PDA
b) the ability to change the software, should a new version or compititor come out with one and
c) add-ons, such as speed-cam stuff.

By the looks of it, the TomTom Go has none of this.

Slacey

Quote from: "phil4"By the looks of it, the TomTom Go has none of this.
Still looks a great out-of-the-box solution though - ideal for most people I would have thought.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

so how do you play Tetris on it?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "phil4"By the looks of it, the TomTom Go has none of this.
Still looks a great out-of-the-box solution though - ideal for most people I would have thought.

No arguments there  s:) :) s:)

kanujunkie

and music?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

See i dont think i would use a PDA for anything else apart from the satnav... i have enough PC's and gadgets about the house   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

I have a T3, and have just found the Navman 440

m http://www.clove.co.uk/products/product ... ement=8341 m

Any one got any experince of these?...its bluetooth....looks the nuts.

kanujunkie

never seen that one before but they seem like the doggies doo-dahs, no wires is the way to go, only problem is the price. you could buy 4 of mine for one of those.

anyone managed to find a descent way of hearing the bloody things, particually with the top off. At the mo i'm using an amplified walkman speaker and even that aint enough, can you put it into a stereo and still hear music at the same time?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Well Penny went out and got the TomTom Go system... just started using it, its the dogs danglys!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Be making visits to lots of members houses now!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

markiii

quick someone shoot down tweh satelites  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Peter Wright

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Well Penny went out and got the TomTom Go system... just started using it, its the dogs danglys!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Be making visits to lots of members houses now!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Any links or details or price etc
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"quick someone shoot down tweh satelites  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

watch it you... your in the address book already and i know where you live! (will probably still get lost though   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

Peter Wright

Another one any thouhts on this system
 m http://www.makro.co.uk/offers/mm2_onlin ... il=1928613 m

roger

Quote from: "Peter Wright"Another one any thouhts on this system
 m http://www.makro.co.uk/offers/mm2_onlin ... il=1928613 m

No experience I'm afraid but obviously excellent value. Pocket gps world as well as an excellent site with reviews etc. have a forum board, where most systems are discussed.

A quick glance shows me that there is a very recent post about out of date software. See here....

m http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.p ... forum&f=61 m

roger
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

That Medion 150 from Makro, that looks pretty good and has the same programs and maps as TomTom. How can we get them though, not even sure where the closest Makro is, and I am sure you have to be a member!

Anyone got Makro membership?

kanujunkie

see here for your nearest store

http://www.makro.co.uk/ie/sub/locations.cfm?

its free to join
[size=100]Stu[/size]

MRMike

I thought you needed to have a busines to get a card? Or be an employee??
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

kanujunkie

yes, but i'm sure anyone on here can get creative with a pc, and if not then get the paperwork and you can link it from mine
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Yeh you need to have a company. Or if someone in the ROC has a card, they could buy a few and we could throw in like £20 for their troubles. Obviously pay for delivery too.

Tags: