21-23 year old car insurance, how much was yours?

Started by James and his MR2, August 9, 2013, 22:44

James and his MR2

Hi all,

How much have you payed for your car insurance regardless of no claims/points ect here, mines just under £700 this year and thats still pretty expensive imo

2 of the left

HOW MUCH!!!!!!  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:    s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:    s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

James and his MR2

Spent £1720, £550, £1200, and now £700 on insurance

Madness

JiMR2

I'm 28 and paying £520 - London area.

At 21 I was paying £1700 on a c2 gt.
AKA Cinnamon Jim

James and his MR2

Quote from: "JiMR2"I'm 28 and paying £520 - London area.

At 21 I was paying £1700 on a c2 gt.

I suppose 700 isn't too bad then at 22 I guess

Anonymous

Had mine since I was 24 and it always been between £500 - £600. Price never really changes just more mods go on.

James and his MR2

Quote from: "rbuckingham"Had mine since I was 24 and it always been between £500 - £600. Price never really changes just more mods go on.

How much more am I looking at for adding a spoiler do you think?

dj2k21

At 21 = £640 with mods declared.
At 22 = £580 with mods declared.
At 23 = £663 with the kit and turbo engine fitted.

Im now 25 and pay £530 on it
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Pavett1990

I'm 22 with 2 crashes and I pay £583
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Two's Company

10 years ago the insurance on mine was 1200 or so. Now about 600 and I'm over 30.

700 is cheap for under 25 IMO.

Flipside

I pay 360 with all mods declared,  but have full no claims and I'm 38.
2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

James and his MR2

Seems to always be around the £600 mark then for most people

Thanks for all the replies  s:) :) s:)

onion86

I'm 27 and pay £400
When I was 22 (when I got my 2) is was £1100 but that was a modified import, the quotes for UK ones were around the £800 mark then.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Jrichards20

I am 20. £1500. Why is mine so expensive!  s:( :( s:(
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

chris3boro

Quote from: "Jrichards20"I am 20. £1500. Why is mine so expensive!  s:( :( s:(

You live in London? Location make a huge difference

eynonz

20 years old at £1100 per year
*BLUE 2002 PRE-FACELIFT* - Markiii Pipe - Longlife Exhaust System - "The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings" -  Unknown Brand Front Strut Brace - More to come \";)\"

Jrichards20

Just did a sneaky insurance qoute, chsnged my date of birth so I was 21.
Gone down from 1460, to 899! Ahh I cant wait for november! Cheap insurance wooo!
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Anonymous

Mate i was getting quotes for 700 when i renewed (22 years old) but adrian flux did it for 550 in the end  s:D :D s:D  ring them! and thats with cosmetic modifications

James and his MR2

Quote from: "dj vinxy"Mate i was getting quotes for 700 when i renewed (22 years old) but adrian flux did it for 550 in the end  s:D :D s:D  ring them! and thats with cosmetic modifications

Aww damn too late for me to try im now with(or will be on the 24th) Aviva through 'quotemehappy', and I have a free meerkat on the way as i did it through comparethemarket lol  s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

Location does make a big difference, make me wonder how much it would be if it was standard for me as I live out in the middle of nowhere.

Anonymous

Quote from: "James and his MR2"
Quote from: "dj vinxy"Mate i was getting quotes for 700 when i renewed (22 years old) but adrian flux did it for 550 in the end  s:D :D s:D  ring them! and thats with cosmetic modifications

Aww damn too late for me to try I'm now with(or will be on the 24th) Aviva through 'quotemehappy', and I have a free meerkat on the way as i did it through comparethemarket lol  s:P :P s:P

If the insurance hasnt started then you can always  get a refund...

James and his MR2

Quote from: "dj vinxy"
Quote from: "James and his MR2"

Aww damn too late for me to try I'm now with(or will be on the 24th) Aviva through 'quotemehappy', and I have a free meerkat on the way as i did it through comparethemarket lol  s:P :P s:P

If the insurance hasnt started then you can always  get a refund...

Im sure my deal isnt too bad I did the hunting, plus cancelation fees anyway

Saw your post earlier dude, sorry to hear it, good luck finding a new car

redarrow

39 it free.

But i got a quote and was £1900 in London
I am 39 and lic only 3 years.

When i say free all i done walked in dads business
And added the car to the business and the insurance
Added it for free.
[size=85]These are the dreaded code your get with cheap 02 sensors.
P0135 drivers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)
P0155 passengers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 2 sensor 1)
P0141 passengers side down below exhaust position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2[/size]

ShrewdPhoenix

I'm 23 and got insured for £560 on a lightly modded pfl with 3 points and 2 non-fault accidents....but I do live in Cornwall with postcode TR1 which is group A for insurance location  :-) :-) :-)
:bounce:

redarrow

I live in a really good area central London
But because it good it so expensive because
The thief are here all say long.

It a shame uk London gone down the pan

Regard john
[size=85]These are the dreaded code your get with cheap 02 sensors.
P0135 drivers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)
P0155 passengers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 2 sensor 1)
P0141 passengers side down below exhaust position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2[/size]

Tags: