Its good bye from me :'( :'( - OH NO WAIT I AM BACKK

Started by Anonymous, August 14, 2013, 10:18

Anonymous

As most of you guys know, I was hit on Monday morning by another ROC member.

Unfortunately the cost of repairing my car is £3500+ so has been considered a write off..

Vinxy's beast plan is over and there is no way I could buy another MR2, I loved mine to bits.

I will be stripping the car of the modifications and I will be selling them on here in order to get some money together to buy a new car  s:( :( s:(

But thank you all SO much for your help over the years... and for all the fun organised. Your all my best friends and will be missed.

RIP Kadence

Too upset to load a picture

*** UPDATE ***

HERE IS MY NEW CAR  s:) :) s:)  IM BACK PEOPLE - TIME TO CONTINUE MY PROJECT

38,000 miles - bought for less than 4k. Very pleased.

Jrichards20

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I didnt know this had happened!  s:( :( s:(  There is an MR2 for sale that has just come up with 14000 miles for under 4k, if you wanted another 2.

Sorry to hear that mate.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

StuC

Aw man, I knew nothing of this either.  s:-( :-( s:-(

Dude, that's awful. What are you adamant that you wont buy another one?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

andyroo104

Gutted for you,never nice to lose your pride and joy,
Andy.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

eynonz

I saw the Pics on Facebook..... I was surprised when it was deemed a right off  s:( :( s:(
*BLUE 2002 PRE-FACELIFT* - Markiii Pipe - Longlife Exhaust System - "The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings" -  Unknown Brand Front Strut Brace - More to come \";)\"

nathanMR2

Sad times Rich. Cant you put it back together yourself?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Wabbitkilla

The picture didn't look that bad vinxy, new bumper, crash beam, maybe exhaust would not cost that much if you wanted to diy and use second hand bits. That's just ridiculous, I'm shocked!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

andyroo104

If you don't wish to repair it and you know the engine is good then buy it back and fit the engine into possibly a facelift car with a knaff engine.
Andy.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

MR2Jay13

Saw this on Facebook bud... Bad news  s:( :( s:(

Andy is right though. If you known the engine is good, get a good shell with a crackered engine and swap it over  s:) :) s:)
Car 1 - 1993 Revision 3 MR2 GT-S Turbo
Car 2 - 2000 Audi A4 Avant
Car 3 - 2000 Roadster (Project Car)

Maverikk

Sorry to hear this, I can imagine how bad it must feel right now  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Thanks for the kind words guys! Everyone who knows me, knew I never shut up about that car - it meant everything to me. It happened early in the morning. I stopped for a roundabout, but joanne didn't..

As much as the MR2 is a fantastic car... I cant help but know that it just wont be the same.

The engine on mine has done 90k miles, a turning point in the car, I know there are other bits to that car which isn't in good condition so I know I shouldn't buy her back to fix.

However I might buy back to sell as parts as long as the price is right.

On the car is a fantastic set of alloys that were refurbished a week before the accident. with brand new toyo's fitted all round.

The headlights are immaculate.

The spoiler is rare and lots of people wanting it.

Black hard top - sort after

Got a set of brand new lowering springs - never fitted to the car.

there is SO much else on that car that is in excellent condition or is rare/sort after. so I recon if I bought it back I would make a good profit.

Pavett1990

Gotta be done mate buy it back., have a good sit down with a cuppa and work everything out.. If its worth fixing and making every thing better do it.. In sure everyone here will help.. If not strip it, scrap it and get your behind in another 2  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Best of luck mate
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

AndyM

Sorry to hear about the write off mate. Crazy decision by the insurance company based on the pictures you posted (but I do understand how given the way they cost repairs).

I know you're upset about it at the moment but I would strongly advise cooling off and then thinking about a self repair. I reckon between some members here, some donor parts and perhaps a trip to the breakers you could have it back on the road as it was pretty cheaply. True it'll be categorised but until you sell it that wouldn't be a problem and you'd be able to continue enjoying the car you've spent your time on.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

nathanMR2

What is the exact nature of the damage and what have the categorised the total loss as?

tomaky

Such a shame as you are all probably aware i had a bang bang write off but as i learned im by no means out of it i had a initially knee jerk response of i cant afford another and mine was like yours a very clean example (pride and joy) but i will be back very soon with a new 2  s:) :) s:)   Dont count it out!
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

amz91

Saw it on Facebook mate sorry to hear it!  s:-( :-( s:-(  Iv referred to a few of your threads too as guidance/ideas.
Don't leave ROC! And make Joanne buy u a  2  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

Hockley

Sorry to hear your bad news.

Agree with what others have said though and think you should sleep on it before making any decisions.

Treboeth

Sorry to hear about the car , but it`s to soon to make a decision about another `2 as you are obviously upset.

Take a day or two and as others have said cost up getting the repair done yourself, good luck.

Joesson

That is bad news, but try to see a positive in this!
You say your 2 had done 90k, that's better than the biblical three score and ten.
There are reasons (problems)that you wouldn't want to rebuild her.
So take the payout, buy her back and rebuild with the good/ rare bits-.
If you lost a partner, you would grieve, but life goes on,  don't become celibate!
Whatever your decision remember no one got (physically) hurt which is always the best in any RTA/I.

nathanMR2

Don't forget the majority of those insurance repair costs will be labour. They are likely to price the bumper up as a plain bumper which has to be prepped and then painted.

Should you be able to find a half decent bumper in your colour the cost will be a fraction of the insurance price. A second hand stock exhaust is pretty much nothing these days as people can't give them away. A second hand cat is next to nothing.

I don't know the other damage so it's hard to say. However it doesn't look like its a big job.

Anonymous

Bring ya spanners then peeps lol.

Im going to look at things tonight.  Damage report coming tomorrow morning.

Jrichards20

Fingers crossed mate
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Pavett1990

Hope you decide to fix mate  s:D :D s:D
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

tomaky

the only thing i thoguht about with my baby was even if i do fix it back up the car wont be worth what it was due to it having the cat d over its head. but if cars worth keeping and your going to for years then maybe its worth it.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Flipside

Hope you sort it rich
2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

Tags: