Its good bye from me :'( :'( - OH NO WAIT I AM BACKK

Started by Anonymous, August 14, 2013, 10:18

Richard41

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Not on Facebook group so news to me, really sorry, hope you change your mind if it is salvageable.

Exhaust in my shed if you want it & I'll provide an extra pair of hands, even if I don't know what I'm doing most of the time   s8) 8) s8)

tomaky

Just had a look at the pics if its crash bar and bumper thats what maybe £900 max with labour? You will fid all sorts of stuff in the damage report i laughed at mine £200 front wheel, £100 for a fog light and there was no damage...
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

markiii

unless its bent the chassis rails

I've fixed worse for £500 or less

I'd ask them for a cash payout NOT to write it off or even get Joanne to pay you that and avoid al insurance claims

bumper easily less than £100, crashbar say £50

reckon I may even have a black crashbar in the shed gratis if you want it
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

trevsmr2

Im breaking a pre facelift ,you can have anything that you need from the rear end

Anonymous

I can bring some spanners and help fit the parts and repair.

Anonymous

Cheers guys, considering the huge amount of support from you lot im gonna try and get her back and fixed...

Thank you ALL so much for your offers - If I get her back I will take you all up on them - because I need as much help as I can get... lots of beer and food on to all the helpers lol

just need to consider the negatives as well!!!
if you could help point out the negatives I would appreciate it.

amz91

I'm not an expert lol but all I see in a negative way is the value of the car after but you know your car better then anyone and if theres other things that it needs, so if you think it's not worth the bother or repair then go with ur gut. But it sounds like you love ur 2 and you've put alot into it so I'm with the other on get it repaired  :-) :-) :-)  if I thought I was any use I'd offer help out in some way haha. Just do what you think is best for you  s:-D :-D s:-D
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

Anonymous

Car value will be a negative but the car was going to devalue anyway. As Nic has said before find a car, any car that you can get for same amount of money that gives the same amount of fun and fuel ecconomy. For me my car was not worth it when my engine went and im still here enjoying her as much as I always did

AckersMR2

I think the only negative is its value afterwards as it will be registered as a cat D write off. But a better way to look at it is you should have some money left over from the pay out after buying it back and repairing it so have you really lost anything?
I would keep a photographic record of the damage and repair when you do it as if and when you come to sell it will put any potential new owners mind at rest that it was only basic cosmetic damage and it hadn't been rolled or anything like that  s;-) ;-) s;-)
My only car is a Ducati 

trevsmr2

Quote from: "dj vinxy"Cheers guys, considering the huge amount of support from you lot I'm gonna try and get her back and fixed..

just need to consider the negatives as well!!!
if you could help point out the negatives I would appreciate it.

Does it have to go through the insurance ? then there won't be a negative value wise ,it won't be classed as a write off ,
and your future insurance quotes won't suffer ,due to having a claim

markiii

get a cash payout rather than them writing it off, you get to keep the car and its not registered as a write off
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ais

Sorry to hear what happened Rich.
I've held back from posting to see where your thought process was going.
I've enjoyed following your mods & have copied a few.
Is there anyway you can get the finances together for a daily drive & keep her as your fun car? - you gain something from this mess
What tresmr2 said re don't claim on insurance is worth thinking about but means you have to find the additional funds but your insurance premium wont suffer (given what you have said in previous posts)
Andy

Flipside

The only negative is

YOU WON'T HAVE A MR2!
2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

Topdownman

Sorry to hear about this, not good for you or the person who hit you.

I'd be looking at doing some sums like, what did I think it was worth before? What have the insurance company offered? How much would it cost me to repair the car myself? What could I buy for the price of the payout? I would also be searching for "comparable" cars for sale so you can use these to negotiate the pay out from the insurance company.
I'd also be considering what is the value of the mods I have already done to it? How long am I planning to keep it? Would I have improved the car after repairing it (eg rust treating or upgrades). Have you got the skills to take this repair on or would you have to pay someone to do it? (If so, there is a risk element of costs spiraling) Can you do without a car for the time it takes to get back on the road?

I don't know anything about insurance write offs but cant imagine that you would be allowed to keep/buy back something deemed unsafe or unrepairable so the only downside would be future resale or getting it inspected maybe after the repair? (Best to check if it would affect future insurance though if you go down this route and if you would need an agreed value maybe).

Like others have said, if you repair it, then a good rebuild thread on here with lots of photos should be enough to reassure someone, especially if you have then driven the car for a number of years. I wouldn't have thought a no blame claim should affect your future premiums should it?

I think MR2s are good value for money at the moment and lets not forget, they are declining in number so over time they will become enthusiasts cars as "ordinary" drivers move to more modern cars. This could mean people are not put off by a well repaired car?

Anyway, enough rambling! I hope some of this helps? Good luck with whatever route you take.

Simon.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

redarrow

Dj sorry about the car mate, you lost your
Pride and joy but with this loving lot on here
There bling it, buy it back at good price then,
Releae the lads at it .

Please dont get to depressed easy to say i no
Just sleep on it as said and use these loving soles
To help you re create the car all back together.

Wish i could help and learn it so far from me,
Just wanna say you lot are all so lovely on here
I love mr2roc....... I wanna say my self
Thanks for all of you being so kind.

Regards john
[size=85]These are the dreaded code your get with cheap 02 sensors.
P0135 drivers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)
P0155 passengers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 2 sensor 1)
P0141 passengers side down below exhaust position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2[/size]

Anonymous

Cheers for that guys  s:) :) s:)  such a fantastic group of pals on here  s:) :) s:)  love the needed support

trevsmr2

Quote from: "dj vinxy"Cheers for that guys  s:) :) s:)  such a fantastic group of pals on here  s:) :) s:)  love the needed support
mines in bits now if you need anything ,i can even cut off the chassis sections before the shell goes if you want

markiii

checked the shed and it seem I have both front and rear black crash bars and I'm only 30 mins from you

give me a shout if you need the rear bar

Anonymous

wow thanks ill let you know shortly!

Jrichards20

When are you going to make the decision? Is there a deadline or are there more details to get?
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Anonymous

Still in discussions with the insurance company

tomaky

Ps will you change the subject title as a member said to me after my crash the clubs for life once your in it you can never leave  s;) ;) s;)
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Tags: