(Solved!) What's this...?

Started by MelBee42, August 30, 2013, 20:24

MelBee42

Hello all!
Was busy stripping the car with Custard this evening (well OK. He was doing all the work!) and came across these thingies. Custard said they looked aftermarket and he wasn't sure what they were. Can anyone shed any light?

Two's Company

I think TVSS is the alarm gubbins.

Jay67

alarm ecu and sensor, not sure which one but I think it's the microwave sensor
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

MelBee42

Cool, thank you. Difficult to sell bits if you don't know what they are!  s:) :) s:)

Jay67

Quote from: "MelBee42"Cool, thank you. Difficult to sell bits if you don't know what they are!  s:) :) s:)
someone on ebay selling an mr2 roadster 'thing' (charcoal canister)  s:) :) s:)   m http://tinyurl.com/prl4sm9 m
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

MelBee42

Hahaha! That's brilliant. Not sure I'd want to pay £123 for a mere 'thing'....

ray835

only if it's a thingy ma jig   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

SFerrari

Hi,
I'm stripping the car down, for weight saving purpose and removing what is not necessary, and I'm wondering if I can remove those 2 black boxes related to TVSS (shown in first post) and //all%20the%20cabling, without disturbing anything in the way the car should start/work or disturbing the ECU or bringing any grimlins... (I mean whitout mentioning the fact the alarm is alreaydy removed and so on) ? It is just about the alarm, nothing else so I can remove safely and the car will still work properly ?

Thks in advance

SFerrari

Quote from: "SFerrari"Hi,
I'm stripping the car down, for weight saving purpose and removing what is not necessary, and I'm wondering if I can remove those 2 black boxes related to TVSS (shown in first post) and //all%20the%20cabling, without disturbing anything in the way the car should start/work or disturbing the ECU or bringing any grimlins... (I mean whitout mentioning the fact the alarm is alreaydy removed and so on) ? It is just about the alarm, nothing else so I can remove safely and the car will still work properly ?

Thks in advance

Nobody knows the consequences to remove those 2 boxes and cables, except loosing the alarm and security system ?

ChrisGB

Don't suppose the lap time gain is noticeable for removal of those boxes. Insurance probably won't be happy with it removed either.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

SFerrari

Quote from: "ChrisGB"Don't suppose the lap time gain is noticeable for removal of those boxes. Insurance probably won't be happy with it removed either.

Yes you're right about weight gain, but here it is more about simplifying the cabin, as I have too much cables running there and there, and as it is fully stripped down in the car I wish I could remove what is not really needed in my point of view. Insurance wouldn't be happy AT ALL by the way   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: