Zunsport grille question

Started by AndyM, September 7, 2013, 16:56

AndyM

Hi,

Could someone with a facelift front Zunsport grille please let me know where the fixing positions are located? I'm considering ordering one to go over my damaged plastic grille but I want to make sure the new grille isn't going to be trying to attach itself to a broken part of the original.

Please see a picture below for reference of where my damage is if that helps.

Thanks,
Andy

At the bottom on the nearside...
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

Barney Bear

Hi Andy from memory it has 2 or 3 downward facing L pins at the bottom that just hook over the edge of the bumper
And two screw fixing at the top   s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

trevsmr2

QuoteFitting is straightforward with the grille being located behind the number plate and secured in place by two self-tapping screws at the top and push fit clips to the bottom edge.

AndyM

Quote from: "trevsmr2"
QuoteFitting is straightforward with the grille being located behind the number plate and secured in place by two self-tapping screws at the top and push fit clips to the bottom edge.

My concern was that the "push fit clips to the bottom edge" might be trying to push onto one of the wobbly bits  s;) ;) s;)

AndyM

Quote from: "Barney Bear"Hi Andy from memory it has 2 or 3 downward facing L pins at the bottom that just hook over the edge of the bumper
And two screw fixing at the top   s:D :D s:D

Excellent. When I watched one of there fitting videos it seems on some cars their 'push clips' click onto the grille behind so wasn't sure. Cheers.  s:) :) s:)

MisterK

You shouldn't have a problem.  The bottom part hooks behind the bumper aperture and the top part is fixed by 2 self tapping screws.  I used one of the screws to fix one side of my DRL & killed 2 birds with one stone so to speak.

A 2 minute job without the DRL's, a bit more fiddly with them to get them sitting square!
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Tags: