Fuel consumption is good

Started by Abiwalker, October 5, 2013, 09:59

Abiwalker

Just got back from a long week in Scotland and just wanted to shout about how proud I am of my '2  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

We drove up through the night From Wiltshire to East Lothian. Total miles to destination : 426. Route: M4, M5, M6, A74M, A720, A1.
The drive only cost around £75 which I was not expecting at all! I was estimating about £100 but I think the 6 speed gear box really helped cut the cost!

It was my first ever motorway experience and I really enjoyed it in the '2. I shared the journey with my boyfriend who said he was quite surprised with the comfort side of things. It wasn't as bad as he thought.

I'd also like to do a special mention the vacuum pack bags.   s:idea: :idea: s:idea:  They worked a treat. I'm a serial over-packer so was a bit worried about fitting everything in. But I managed it.

Didn't spot any MR2's in the 1000miles I done  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
Silver 52 MR2. Constant Smiles.

dori dori

I found my mr2 to be great on fuel as well I usually do 250 miles a week plus about 60 on weekends full tank is about £50-55 ish depending on how far from petrol station when red light comes on.

Good to hear you had a good journey with no problems
"You spin me right round baby"

chris3boro

They're great on fuel-my average over the last 18months (using Fuelly website to track it accurately) is about 45mpg. Lightness is everything!

Abiwalker

I couldn't believe the price difference in fuel from Wiltshire 138 and East Lothian (Scotland) 128.
Daylight robbery at the service stations though!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Silver 52 MR2. Constant Smiles.

Richard41

amazes me how little the car uses on motorways if you drive carefully, I spent a week in the highlands not long after buying the car and found it very comfortable, plan to go back next year and do more of the west coast, some stunning & very quiet roads!

Two's Company

Mine averaged 39 on last tank of mainly motorway/a road driving. Very fuel efficient little cars.

Markb

Mine did 800 miles mixed driving to £120 over the summer.....works out approx 42mpg.

Maverikk

From full, I get around 320. Not that my tank's ever full, though, thanks to my tendency to fill up £10, £15 at a time  s:) :) s:)

ShieldsOnTour

I tend to get 320ish miles to a tank too.... but I always fill up when it hits the 1/4 full mark.
One of *them* cars....
[strike]C-one front end & side skirts, TTE spoiler, TTE rear bumper inserts,  Anthracite post-FL wheels on Toyo T1R. 6-speed box. Cobra Quad exhaust. Red leather. Lowered. TTE style bar.  And lots of shinny ....[/strike]

cptspaulding

Just got mine  a fortnight back & I've been, er, shall we say, enjoying the experience on my 1st tank. even then I managed 32mpg. Expecting more on the 2nd tank - mainly steady motorway driving
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

StuC

I know all about long trips up to Scotland through the night!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Nice way to get some motorway experience, good thinking  :-) :-) :-)

MPG wise - I have a loud exhaust which I like to hear going "bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp" so I only get about 300 to the tank, sometimes less.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

chris3boro

Quote from: "StuC"I know all about long trips up to Scotland through the night!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Nice way to get some motorway experience, good thinking  :-) :-) :-)

MPG wise - I have a loud exhaust which I like to hear going "bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp" so I only get about 300 to the tank, sometimes less.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Wabbitkilla

It's rare indeed to find a sportscar that returns very pleasing mpg. It's one of the big wins for the Roadster, smiles per mile along with good economy (relatively).
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

revi001

I've had a lot of sports car over the years, and the 2 is by far the best on fuel, 36-42 MPG its brilliant, or am I just not driving it hard enough LOL
Standard as is.

James and his MR2

I only get 280 miles to a tank which is around 32mpg! ok no motorway but even so.. I must put my foot down too much  s:P :P s:P

Just filled up with V power to clean the engine out.. see how many miles ill get out of that

jjr197

Give yourself 5 or 6 tanks  it and your mpg will jump!
"If you're driving with the top up, the storm outside had better have a name!"

James and his MR2

Quote from: "jjr197"Give yourself 5 or 6 tanks  it and your mpg will jump!

What of V-Power? its too dear for that lol, 10p more a litre atm!

normanh

I get a regular 45 mpg on longish trips of a 100 or more miles.

Norman

James and his MR2

Quote from: "normanh"I get a regular 45 mpg on longish trips of a 100 or more miles.

Norman

You sir, should put your foot down more often  s:P :P s:P

jjr197

Quote from: "James and his MR2"
Quote from: "jjr197"Give yourself 5 or 6 tanks  it and your mpg will jump!

What of V-Power? its too dear for that lol, 10p more a litre atm!

Yup, it is. But I get a sufficient increase in efficiency to more than pay for it. I never would have believed it, so I started keeping more detailed records in relation to my fuel consumption, and I was blown away by the improvement. I now have a lower £/mile than I ever had on cheaper fuel.

roadster_love

I get nothing like the MPG that you guys get! I must be doing something wrong.

Okay, sometimes the RPM might rise higher than it should, but even on journeys where I am keeping an average speed of 60mph for a few hundred kms it's still not great.  s:( :( s:(

StuC

Quote from: "roadster_love"I get nothing like the MPG that you guys get! I must be doing something wrong.

Okay, sometimes the RPM might rise higher than it should, but even on journeys where I am keeping an average speed of 60mph for a few hundred kms it's still not great.  s:( :( s:(

What numbers are you getting?
It might point to an issue. Does your engine management light come on and go off during the ignition/starting sequence??
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "StuC""bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp"
Oh yes.
And "BUP BUP".
 s:D :D s:D
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

Anonymous

So.........................When people talk about getting 300 miles to the tank, does that mean you run it dry then fill up to get the results?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

jjr197

Pretty much. I log my milage every time I fill up along with how much I have filled up with so that I can work out my rough mpg, but yes, I tend to fill up when the light goes on. best I've had is 411. I usually get 360.

Tags: