Will be gone by xmas :-(

Started by stargazer30, October 28, 2013, 19:44

stargazer30

Quote from: "loadswine"Now a type r with a supercharger, that would be worth having. I imagine they would cost a tiny bit more though.  s;) ;) s;)

Theres a silver stage II 300bhp charged FN2 a stones throw away from me for 10K.  It looks lovely too,not chaved up.  I am very very tempted but need to sell my car first.

Dealer rang back today on the black one I drove and has put the trade in price up by £300 to get me to buy it   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

loadswine

You've been used to cars with a bit of torque, so I wonder if you would get bored with it too quickly. I fear I would.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

stargazer30

Quote from: "loadswine"You've been used to cars with a bit of torque, so I wonder if you would get bored with it too quickly. I fear I would.

After my first MR2 I went back to a mapped focus ST torque monster and I hated it.  All that torque in a FWD just killed the fun.   It just felt like a fight to get the power down and understeer + crap MPG.   The CTR is slow but its still fun to drive, much like a stock MR2.  Insurance quote's are really good too, nearly half the price of the MR2.  I think I am warming to a CTR now.

Its gonna need fast road Geo and Hondadata though!
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Anonymous

So u liked the mr2 but u wanted more seats.....

CELICA! :p

s12vea

I don't imagine you will be disappointed with a ctr. Just take sometime finding the right one
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

thekickinside

Avoid scoobies - nice cars (had a couple) but mpg is horrendous (my last one got 13 mpg round town and top twenties on a run...)

My solution for 'Sensible' is a 320 CDI E-class, you will get a nice one for <£9k and even with an auto slush box (shot left knee) mine will outrun most things out there in a sort of effortless 'you do not matter ' type of way(220bhp and 500nm of torque), knock on the door of 145 on the autobahn and do 49mpg on a run (25-30 round town) - oh and its proper wheel drive....doesn't handle badly either (in a sort of 'I am big and very German with silly amounts of grunt' way) - also available with a sports suspension package (mine doesnt have that...) and flappy paddles if you go 08 or later and sports...

Insurance and road tax isnt too bad either (bit more than my 3ltr scoob insurance wise but cheaper road tax..)

is1

If you're looking at an FN2, have you considered a Renaultsport Clio Trophy (or even a normal 182)?
You'd save a few grand and any version of the 182 is hard to beat as a (just about) modern fast hatch.

stargazer30

Quote from: "is1"If you're looking at an FN2, have you considered a Renaultsport Clio Trophy (or even a normal 182)?
You'd save a few grand and any version of the 182 is hard to beat as a (just about) modern fast hatch.

I'm not a big fan of the clios. I had a new (non sport) clio years ago and it was utter rubbish and fell apart from new.  The renaultsports are better built but I hate the interior on them too   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:    I was tempted by the liquid yellow Clio 200 and Megane 225, from the outside they look sorted, just dont like the inside.

Anyway the deed is done, I'm getting this...

Yes it is a type R and they do actually do them in blue!

And the first thing thats going is the **** sound system.  Got a JL amp, sub and components on order for it   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Pavett1990

What about something like this

Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

s12vea

Good choice on the civic. The heAdunit adaptor to convert to single/double din was very expensive if memory stands me correct !
TF204 Blue

stargazer30

Quote from: "s12vea"Good choice on the civic. The heAdunit adaptor to convert to single/double din was very expensive if memory stands me correct !

Yeah £125, ouch.  Its because the stock HU drives the lcd display for the clock/air con etc..  So the kit has a small box of tricks that can do the same!  Before connects 2 came up with it you used to have to keep the stock HU and hide it behind the dash  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

s12vea

As long as you get the end result that's all that matters  s8-) 8-) s8-)
TF204 Blue

Lee H

Very rare colour, really like it.
2000 black Roadster - hardtop, 16" Rota Grids with T1R\'s, TTE springs, TRD bodykit, JDL spoiler, 2.0 16v turbo swap with forged internals, Apexi AVCR, Apexi intake, ST205 chargecooler, JP custom exhaust, Accord Type R Recaro\'s

stargazer30

Well sad day yesterday.  I picked up my MR2 from Matts in stock form minus its turbo and drove it over to its new owners (a yorkshire member on here   s:P :P s:P  ).  Really hit home later in the evening when I had to nip to the shops for some bits, ahh great,MR2 time!  Oh.. wait   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Still such is life, a full week with no car now till I get the CTR...  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

dcod

Quote from: "stargazer30"Well sad day yesterday.  I picked up my MR2 from Matts in stock form minus its turbo and drove it over to its new owners (a yorkshire member on here   s:P :P s:P  ).  Really hit home later in the evening when I had to nip to the shops for some bits, ahh great,MR2 time!  Oh.. wait   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Still such is life, a full week with no car now till I get the CTR...  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

Stop ya moanin', I had to wait 6 months for my MR2 to be delivered, I had to drive a £100 Austin Maestro during the wait .... then they said it would be another 2 months ...   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Anyway, great choice of car   s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

cptspaulding

Sad day.

Do you still have the subwoofer & box or did that go with the car?
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

stargazer30

Quote from: "cptspaulding"Sad day.

Do you still have the subwoofer & box or did that go with the car?

Sorry I did mean to post about that. The new owner is a car audio nut like me, he bought the whole install as it was in the car, sub, amp, speakers the lot!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

s12vea

So how has the ctr been treating you?
TF204 Blue

Tags: