Recommended mods?

Started by Anonymous, July 22, 2004, 00:24

Anonymous

After looking through alot of the posts its pretty obvious that most people recommend removing the pre cats. Are there any other widely recommended mods for this car that i might have missed?

dieamond

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

no

except
- 2003 parts if you have a 00-02
- wind deflectors
- good tyres
- a quick shift
- a sub floor frame
- a front strut bar
- a anti sway bar
- a new nicer / louder muffler
- lower springs
- harder struts
- chrome interior
- door steps
- new wheels
- painted calipers
- a rear spoiler

s:!: :!: s:!:
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

What exactly do you want to achieve? Performance, looks, a bit of both?
- TTE sway bars for handling
- TTE springs for handling and looks

to start with...

Anonymous

I'm where i want to be with the looks of it now and i can't think of much else to do to the exterior so the next thing is the handling followed by performance.

i'm probably going to do whatever i can to improve the hanling as much as possible so any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Without a doubt....driver training  s:) :) s:)

Learn what your car can do, you'll probably be surprised  s;) ;) s;)

Probably the best performance mod for your money (unless you are already a very good driver  s:) :) s:)  )

juansolo

Quote from: "Hanslow"Without a doubt....driver training  s:) :) s:)

Absolutely!  

after that, tyres (yokonovas).
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

Best "mod" ever is swapping the awful euro gearbox (C52) for the original (Jap/US/rest of the world) C56 transmission.

If you have the opportunity to try and compare the two set-ups (e.g. a UK Roadster with a J-spec MR-S import) do it. You will feel a massive difference!

i.e. Perfectly staged ratios from 1st right through to 5th without any "power gaps" (e.g. between 2nd & 3rd). Just watch the TopGear review on the Roadster (dating back to 2000) and you will notice that the gear ratios was one of the "weak" points that was reported.

Anonymous

As the car is an import it already has the box you've mentioned. The next thing i have to do is get new springs fited etc and improve the handling a bit then get the chip fitted, after that i'm not sure what's next but i'd appreciate any suggestions anyone might have...

Anonymous

Quote from: "speed"after that i'm not sure what's next but i'd appreciate any suggestions anyone might have...

Adjusting the rear view mirror?  s;) ;) s;)

Lars J

Tags: