Started by shnazzle, November 10, 2013, 21:16

shnazzle

Need a new radiator for my new 2

How does this look to anybody?
 m http://bit.ly/16TN572 m
...neutiquam erro.

Treboeth

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281080296575? ... 1423.l2649 m

this is the one I have saved(just in case) not bought myself but have seen it mentioned before.

shnazzle

Quote from: "Treboeth"http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281080296575?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

this is the one I have saved(just in case) not bought myself but have seen it mentioned before.

Coincidentally I've just "watch"ed that item as well.
Seems a lot more stock and fit-for-purpose replacement.

Need to see first what path the dealer wants to go down, as they're paying for this.
If they're cool with it, I'll just have them buy it and send it over.
...neutiquam erro.

StuC

For mine from eurocarparts after an experienced members recommendation. £89.
Had to change the captive nuts over from the old one though.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

shnazzle

Quote from: "StuC"For mine from eurocarparts after an experienced members recommendation. £89.
Also good tip. And well-established provider.
I'm not going to do it myself though, not if it's getting paid for anyway
...neutiquam erro.

E

Quote from: "Treboeth"http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281080296575?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I have this one on my car and when I fitted it I put pictures on here somewhere, side by side you can see no difference between this one and the OEM Rad, it fits perfectly and is an absolute steal at the price.

Treboeth

Probably your post Ian you seem to know a bit about 2`s  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

dj2k21

Shnazzle I see ur in Northumberland?  Not sure if its too far but ive always used motorcool in stockton on tees near me. They re core your old radiator for £40ish and give you a guarantee too. Had several done by them and they have always been like new on return.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

shnazzle

Quote from: "dj2k21"Shnazzle I see your in Northumberland?  Not sure if its too far but ive always used motorcool in stockton on tees near me. They re core your old radiator for £40ish and give you a guarantee too. Had several done by them and they have always been like new on return.

That's not bad either. Stockton's not too far indeed
...neutiquam erro.

dj2k21

Oh well I would recommend using them. They are really awesome
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

shnazzle

Quote from: "dj2k21"Oh well I would recommend using them. They are really awesome

Can't lie; not entirely sure how one would re-core a radiator. But the dealer would never be able to complain about 40 quid + fuel to get to stockton!
...neutiquam erro.

dj2k21

Well they simply remove the ends of yours and put them on a brand new core. Simple as that  s:) :) s:)

james_gt3rs

Quote from: "StuC"For mine from eurocarparts after an experienced members recommendation. £89.

This. We also used the old bleed screws as they appear to be better.

Mightyquin

I bought the cheap eBay one and it's been absolutely fine. Looks just the same as the original but of course without the leak!

shnazzle

I've called Motorcool, seem like nice chaps.
Not entirely sure what the deal is tbh.
Repair is 30 quid, but not fitted. New one can be 80ish quid, if the current one can't be "repaired". No clue if mine is dead

This is my current one...

This is the one on my 2002 :s
...neutiquam erro.

Mightyquin

Got mine from pru_uktrading on ebay, £46 delivered.

Joesson

If your radiator is not dead it looks like life is hanging by a thread!
I replaced the rad on my 02 car in May.
I used advice found on this forum and got one from coolpartsuk. It was £46.50 delivered.Treboath has put a link to the same company and they are now a little less cost.
As in my report on this forum all was fine except that the existing bleed screw and drain point from the old rad were used in place of those with the new one as the new ones would have been very difficult open/close when installed.
If you decide to do this yourself be sure to clamp off the hoses to minimise coolant loss and importantly make bleeding of the system a lot easier. I used just 1 L of coolant which had only recently been replaced by Mr T.
I also replaced the 2 hose clips, using 35-50mm jubilee clips.
I had recently noticed the all alloy rad that you asked about this in the first place. Is this fitted with bleed and drain screws? Why is guarantee only valid if professionally fitted?
One or possibly two reasons not to buy that one I think.
Good luck with what ever you decide and of course don't forget to let us know how you get on.

shnazzle

This is the one I just got off coolpartsuk on eBay. Look alright?

...neutiquam erro.

Joesson

Your photo looks different to the photo on coolpartsuk .
The differences are the extra brass ports, but see notes 2 and 4 below from coolpartsuk
There is also what looks to be a filler neck with a port for an expansion bottle but this is at the bottom of the radiator and so can't be that.  It is also extra to requirements compared with my OE rad and my replacement. The OE/ mine has a simple hose connection each side.
Maybe this is a one type fits all situations, however, I suggest you check to see if there is space for this appendage and also  with coolpartsuk.
I do hope all is OK for you

(3) The photo in the advert was taken when the item was first ever listed. As we use several different manufacturers throughout the year, the part may differ very slightly in look, but is brand new and will do the exact same job as the one in the photo.
(4) In some cases the manufacturers now supply one radiator to suit both the manual and automatic versions of the vehicle. If your vehicle is manual then it may be that the new radiator comes with 2 extra brass ports/pipes that are not on your old radiator. Please ignore these ports, they do not need removed or touched in anyway, they are blanked internally and only come into use when an automatic vehicles oil cooler pipes are connected to them.

shnazzle

Thanks joesson. I'll just take mine out and compare it first, then see if it fits. In hope it does. I noticed the "filler" at the top as well
...neutiquam erro.

E

That is definitely the wrong radiator a Roadster radiator does not have a filler at all, send them the pictures and ask them to replace it.

shnazzle

Quote from: "E"That is definitely the wrong radiator a Roadster radiator does not have a filler at all, send them the pictures and ask them to replace it.

Argh!!
Will do  s:( :( s:(

I've messaged them but can't send pics over eBay app it seems.
Hopefully they won't make me pay postage as they sent the wrong one. I'll be making a complaint to eBay if that's the case as they sent the wrong part even though the advertised part is exactly the one I need. All sizes and part numbers match up.
Argh!! I wish money was no object...I'd just get one from a reputable place.
...neutiquam erro.

StuC

Deffo looks weird.
I have some piccies of mine somewhere.

StuC

There we go. Top of picture is passenger side.

shnazzle

Quote from: "StuC"

There we go. Top of picture is passenger side.

Brilliant thanks. That is indeed the one on the advert, but not the one sent.
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: