Replacement radiator off eBay?

Started by shnazzle, November 10, 2013, 21:16

StuC

No problem.  :-) :-) :-)

Hope they sort it smoothly and quickly.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

tomaky

Im sure i gave you a link but no no no you being the oaf you are you ignored it haha
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

shnazzle

Quote from: "StuC"No problem.  :-) :-) :-)

Hope they sort it smoothly and quickly.  :-) :-) :-)
To be fair, I've already got a reply!
That's service...10:30 at night.

He's actually already spotted the problem, I guess this happens more often. They sent TO480, instead of TO840. Easy mistake to make.

I've asked if I can buy another one and get this one refunded when it gets to them so that I can get crackin this weekend.

Also...turns out CoolPartsUK is Advanced Radiators
...neutiquam erro.

StuC

Quote from: "shnazzle"To be fair, I've already got a reply!

He's actually already spotted the problem, I guess this happens more often. They sent TO480, instead of TO840. Easy mistake to make.

Good service would have been to send out the right part in the first place!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

shnazzle

Quote from: "StuC"

Good service would have been to send out the right part in the first place!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
To be fair I've just had a message saying they'll drive down to the office today and swap them over for me  s:) :) s:)
Not bad.
...neutiquam erro.

E

Quote from: "shnazzle"
Quote from: "StuC"

To be fair I've just had a message saying they'll drive down to the office today and swap them over for me  s:) :) s:)
Not bad.

+ 1 even

StuC

Quote from: "shnazzle"To be fair I've just had a message saying they'll drive down to the office today and swap them over for me  s:) :) s:)
Not bad.

That's a good result.  :-) :-) :-)

tomaky

Jackpot!
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

shnazzle

All sorted and correct radiator ready for my fitting fiasco Friday.
Came with an Advanced Radiators receipt this time. I won't ever understand this as they sell the same radiator for almost 80 quid...but it's the same company. I paid 34 ex delivery (6 quid for next day).
...neutiquam erro.

StuC

That was the price for the other wrong radiator!  s;-) ;-) s;-)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Joesson

Hope you have a similarly good result on Friday.

Wabbitkilla

I was actually caught out by the "automatic" version of this radiator, though it doesn't have the filler kneck.
Found out the brass fittings don't fit with the radiator in place so I don't know what auto MR2 they think it fits.
I'm just leaving them off when I fit the radiator as they don't actually go into the coolant end tank.

Might think of a use for them in future though, maybe to warm up the screen wash   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

E

Nic mine didnt come with any of the brass work are you sure they have sent you the right one.

E

Ah read that wrong,  your rad is of course already fitted

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "E"Ah read that wrong,  your rad is of course already fitted

It's exactly the same as the original one but with the additional brass fittings.
When you compare the two you can see where on the original radiator the don't drill the ports for the brass. So as long as you don't fit those pipe bends you're ok.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

shnazzle

Enjoy:
 m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgCvMl4deCU m

And help me  s:( :( s:(

I'm going to Halfords and getting a T piece. Then I'm just routing that bleed valve to the heater bleed valve  s:) :) s:)  plastics on. Nobody will ever know.
...neutiquam erro.

Treboeth

Quote from: "shnazzle"Enjoy:
 m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgCvMl4deCU m

And help me  s:( :( s:(

I'm going to Halfords and getting a T piece. Then I'm just routing that bleed valve to the heater bleed valve  s:) :) s:)  plastics on. Nobody will ever know.

good to see you got this solved[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

E

If I remember correctly the bleed screws are not actually identical there are very small differences in the dimensions and I think you have done the same as I did by reusing the old bleed screws as these can be screwed in and out easier by hand, I'm pretty sure that what I did was to swap the O rings so that the new O rings were on the new bleed screws and this fixed it. from memory the new bleed screws are slightly broader, Hope this helps Buddy.

shnazzle

Quote from: "E"If I remember correctly the bleed screws are not actually identical there are very small differences in the dimensions and I think you have done the same as I did by reusing the old bleed screws as these can be screwed in and out easier by hand, I'm pretty sure that what I did was to swap the O rings so that the new O rings were on the new bleed screws and this fixed it. from memory the new bleed screws are slightly broader, Hope this helps Buddy.
I've tried with the one that came with the radiator. Same result
...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

So, Ian is a genius.

Believe it or not I just replaced the O ring with one from a set I had from halfords. The one that came with the new radiator was also faulty. Anyway, new O ring, all sorted. The fit felt much tighter. It's a miracle the lower bleeding point is not leaking.

So now the heater blasts nice warm air, coolant is just below Full when warm, and from what I can tell...no leaks!
...neutiquam erro.

jinxedkitten

Well done for sorting it! Just goes to show having squirrel paws, a reindeer audience and a guest (if brief) appearance by your windscreen demister, can make all the difference!
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

shnazzle

Quote from: "jinxedkitten"Well done for sorting it! Just goes to show having squirrel paws, a reindeer audience and a guest (if brief) appearance by your windscreen demister, can make all the difference!

Hehe. Squirrel paws hooo! They've been my saviour many times when doing car work.
Glad it's sorted. See if it stays non-leaking when I take it to work tomorrow
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: