Quickest way to demist windscreen..?

Started by s12vea, November 20, 2013, 22:27

s12vea

As the temperature has dropped just wondered what's the best / quickest way to demist the windscreen? I have air con which some say is quicker than heat?  What works for you?
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

2003bluecat

Air con and heat is what I do. Can take a while sometimes though, it's a right pain. I've seen some anti-fog stuff before, might be worth looking into.

StuC

Aircon is the best way, as the air it pushes out has been through a condenser to remove the moisture. So it will help dry the stuff on the screen quicker.  :-) :-) :-)

Tbh though I find that even without the air on it doesn't take that long to clear the screen.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Jay67

I tried the anti-fog stuff a while ago, couldn't tell if it worked because of the mist that appeared on the screen    s:? :? s:?
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

s12vea

I've found on all my roadsters it takes a fair amount of time for the screen to clear. How strange.  May try the aircon tomorrow hopefully it will speed things along  s:) :) s:)
TF204 Blue

AndyM

Aircon + max heat for me too.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

mrzwei

I think I used the aircon more in the winter than I did in the summer. If you've got the owners manual then I think it confirms this point.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

s12vea

Thanks I will have a look in the manual
TF204 Blue

StuC

The other thing could be that you have some extra moisture in the car. Worth a double check of the drains, bins and carpets. Just in case maybe?

Oh and the other thing when you first get the car... Don't breathe!!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Well, it least not toward the screen!  s;-) ;-) s;-)

angryman

Set heater to " toasty " and pop back inside for a brew!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "angryman"Set heater to " toasty " and pop back inside for a brew!!

+1

nathanMR2

Your insurance company will love you  s;) ;) s;)

Aircon works best for me however any kind of moisture in the car will have a dramatic effect. Even so much as if you get in the car with wet/damp feet
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

FGrob

Buy a Ford   s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

s12vea

Quote from: "FGrob"Buy a Ford   s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

That's what I'm comParing to. The wife has a new focus and the quick clear front screen is ace !
TF204 Blue

FGrob

Quote from: "s12vea"

That's what I'm comParing to. The wife has a new focus and the quick clear front screen is ace !
Yep I know - I wish I'd got it fitted to the Renault  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

AckersMR2

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  one of the only things I miss about my Focus, that and the shear cavernous space inside an estate.
My only car is a Ducati 

AckersMR2

This is pretty quick?

Or the other type of sledgehammer works just as well I'm told  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I'll get my coat........
My only car is a Ducati 

StuC

A couple of other manufacturers have tried your approach too Ackers. Just get rid of it!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

s12vea

Quote from: "FGrob"

What renualt have you got now Rob?
TF204 Blue

FGrob

Quote from: "FGrob"
Quote from: "s12vea"That's what I'm comParing to. The wife has a new focus and the quick clear front screen is ace !

What renualt have you got now Rob?
A little Twingo -   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  It was a  Cat D which had been put back on the road but not very well - so it's been re-built to my standards  s:D :D s:D

StuC

Quote from: "FGrob"so it's been re-built to my standards  s:D :D s:D

So better than new?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

s12vea

I can only imagine it being much better than new!

Twingo sport?
TF204 Blue

FGrob

Quote from: "StuC"
Quote from: "FGrob"so it's been re-built to my standards  s:D :D s:D

So better than new?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Well that's not hard when you consider Renault don't paint anything - drive shafts hubs etc etc   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  Easy car to work on though all bolt on very much like the 2.

Quote from: "s12vea"Twingo sport?

No Steve - it's just a 1.2 NA (55mpg and £30 tax - it's my daily driver), with a few minor mods fitted and planned, such as Mtech slotted and dimpled disc, yellow stuff pads, K-Tec Racing rose jointed top joints (removed those wicked rubber top mounts) Just waiting for the Bilstein B14 Coilovers to arrive, get it a bit lower and sort the handling out, not to worried about power at the moment just need it to go around the bends a bit faster  s:D :D s:D   Sorry to hijack your thread - but you did ask  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Here she is, a bit dirty, it's a little unique with the carbon fibre arches and side sills - which I quite like - yes it was 6 months old when I brought it with only 2600 miles on the clock  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

tomaky

Newspaper!
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

nathanMR2

Those wheel arches are looking a little dirty for you rob  s;) ;) s;)
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Tags: