Quickest way to demist windscreen..?

Started by s12vea, November 20, 2013, 22:27

s12vea

Smart little car Rob - you love to tinker  s;) ;) s;)
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

FGrob

Quote from: "s12vea"Smart little car Rob - you love to tinker  s;) ;) s;)
Thanks all - yes always nice to have a little play - next year - 200 cel cat and sports system planned plus the manditory carbon fibre induction system   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   - I'm taking over from Phil  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Yep I know Nath, it's not good enough   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "AckersMR2"
Quote from: "FGrob"Buy a Ford   s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  one of the only things I miss about my Focus, that and the shear cavernous space inside an estate.
You miss it? :/
I had to drive a focus as a courtesy car for 2 months once. Felt like driving a bar of soap or a sock full of custard. And rear visibility is worse than the 2 with the soft top up...
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

Maverikk

I use one of those little mist killer pads that soak up the moisture. It takes about ten hours to clear, otherwise.

AckersMR2

Quote from: "jinxedkitten"
Quote from: "FGrob"Buy a Ford   s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  one of the only things I miss about my Focus, that and the shear cavernous space inside an estate.
You miss it? :/
I had to drive a focus as a courtesy car for 2 months once. Felt like driving a bar of soap or a sock full of custard. And rear visibility is worse than the 2 with the soft top up...
Only the heated windscreen and the space, the rest of it was meh.... s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

StuC

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Only the heated windscreen, the pink 'powered by fairy dust' sticker and the space, the rest of it was meh.... s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Fixed that for you chap!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

AckersMR2

Quote from: "StuC"
Quote from: "AckersMR2"Only the heated windscreen, the pink 'powered by fairy dust' sticker and the space, the rest of it was meh.... s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Oh no Stu, I peeled that off and stuck it on my next car  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

nimrod

Someone told me that if you demist with heating on circulate it works quicker? to be honest I cannot notice any improvement.

2003bluecat

I think AC on, heat on and circulate it is best for me. The circulating aspect only makes a marginal difference if any though but in theory it should be better as it will remove the moisture from inside the car and if it's recirculating the dry air it should do that quicker. Depending on the amount of passengers and how much breathing you are doing of course   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

StuC

Oh no Stu, I peeled that off and stuck it on my next mode of transport  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Yeah, we know!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

AckersMR2

Quote from: "StuC"Fixed that for you chap!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Oh no Stu, I peeled that off and stuck it on my next mode of transport  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Yeah, we know!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Oi don't start that game, (you seem to find my pictures so quickly Stu, is it your screensaver?) I can use photoshop just as well and the next "design monkey" and there's no shortage of pictures of your car on this forum!

Back on topic (I do so hate it when the thread wonders  s;-) ;-) s;-)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) My current car has a de-mist button which automatically puts the air con on full blast and it seems to work very well so I'm going with that theory. While your waiting why not install Tappatalk on your smartphone and surf the forum while the screens clearing  s;-) ;-) s;-)  or for you ladies out there why not use the time to put your makeup on rather than trying to do it in the traffic!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

swampy_donkey

I've recently bought this  m http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... UTF8&psc=1 m  for £10 it does an OK job so far, it doesn't completely stop the build up of condensation but it is definitely less of it since I started using this product.
K&N panel filter - Markiii Pipe - TRD Style Bar - Chrome Filler Cap - Hard Top - Clear Side Indicators - Visor Plugs - Dev\'s Keyhole Covers - Silver Callipers - Pioneer DEH-4400BT + CD-SR110 - Red Leather Interior - Red footwell LEDs - Mud Flaps - Custom fit luggage - OBDII reader

Topdownman

I have got one of the demist packs like swampy donkey's and I think it has made a real difference in my car, before I had it the water would be dripping off the inside of the windscreen but now there is very little there so they get my vote !
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

jinxedkitten

Just bought a really nice looking demister pad to encourage things in the morning. Someone seems to have taken a liking to it however, so I'm not sure ill get to try it out...
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

StuC

JK - I am not sure it is looked on favourably in this day and age to use cats as windscreen cloths.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

However, Paddy looks very smart in his new bar coded onesie!  s:-D :-D s:-D

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "StuC"JK - I am not sure it is looked on favourably in this day and age to use cats as windscreen cloths.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

However, Paddy looks very smart in his new bar coded onesie!  s:-D :-D s:-D
Just laughed so hard I nearly spat tea on the cat  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Edit: May very well use her as a windscreen cloth now, just discovered she's bitten through my big monitor power cable, so now I'm down to just the small monitor on my pc. She's escaped electrocution, but now someones in biiiig trouble...  s:mad: :mad: s:mad:  I best go feed Paddy before he gets hungry.

StuC

Hopefully this time you didn't consider using him to clear it up though.  s;-) ;-) s;-)

s12vea

When I first saw the picture I rushed over to grab one of my cats to give it a try hahahaha
TF204 Blue

shnazzle

Quote from: "jinxedkitten"Just bought a really nice looking demister pad to encourage things in the morning. Someone seems to have taken a liking to it however, so I'm not sure ill get to try it out...
Hmm...we seem to have the same make and model of de-mister rag.
...neutiquam erro.

s12vea

Quote from: "shnazzle"
Quote from: "jinxedkitten"Just bought a really nice looking demister pad to encourage things in the morning. Someone seems to have taken a liking to it however, so I'm not sure ill get to try it out...
Hmm...we seem to have the same make and model of de-mister rag.

Let us all know how you get on tomorrow morning   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
TF204 Blue

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "jinxedkitten"Hmm...we seem to have the same make and model of de-mister rag.
Now that's uncanny  s:D :D s:D

shnazzle

Quote from: "jinxedkitten"
Quote from: "jinxedkitten"Hmm...we seem to have the same make and model of de-mister rag.
Now that's uncanny  s:D :D s:D
You think that's uncanny...look what i found on a Facebook joke post not long ago:

That is my Jaap down to every last detail.

But back on topic...this fogging up is starting to do my head in. Is there a spray or something that can prevent this?
When I played ice hockey we rubbed a bar of soap on the inside of the visor, that stopped any/all fogging.
...neutiquam erro.

jinxedkitten

Jaap looks lovely (as do your red sofas). Missy's quite a bit darker on the taby patches and has much more white - she's much patchier on top.
On topic, the only way I ever keep my bike helmet visor fogging up is leaving it open 5mm, might have to try the soap trick, doesn't it get all smeary though?
One thing I found useful last year was rather than using de-icer, I'd half boil the kettle (important, full boil will be too extreme a temperature and potential for windscreen to crack) and pour it over to remove ice...this heated the glass up a bit at the same time, so less misting hapened inside.  It might however be more of a faff to do than just wait for the demist though...

EDIT: corrected terrible grammar, spelling and punctuation. My fingers are cold and its hard to type  s:( :( s:(

StuC

Hot water and frozen water on glass is asking for trouble.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
The top layer of he laminated glass will expand quicker than he one underneath it and potentially cause it to crack. Especially if there are stone chips on there too.

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "StuC"Hot water and frozen water on glass is asking for trouble.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
The top layer of he laminated glass will expand quicker than he one underneath it and potentially cause it to crack. Especially if there are stone chips on there too.
Yep, hence careful with the temperature.  Realised my previous post was misleading - my hot taps are SOOOOO slow to warm up its quicker for me to part boil kettle and leave to stand, I forget others dont have that issue!  I'd class what I use as warm water rather than hot.

Tags: