With Regards to Name Badges...

Started by Darth Paul, July 26, 2004, 23:33

Darth Paul

There is no way – NO WAY DAMMIT! – that I'd wear a name badge at JAE, or any other meet. I'd forget to take it off when I wander around, and that would be very embarrassing.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

So what is the answer? Easy. A name badge for the car windscreen. Screen name, real name and a photo.

That way you could walk over to admire a car, see who's it is, turn around and yell across the stand/car park 'nice car' to the correct person. Rather than say 'nice car' loudly hoping that the owner will hear and say 'thanks'.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Or perhaps it could be credit card size and popped under the wiper.

Thoughts?  s:? :? s:?  

I'd even design it, if ya like.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Thoughts?  s:? :? s:?  

I'd even design it, if ya like.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Sounds like a reasonable idea - personally I think both the badge and this would work, I myself have no problem with a badge. I did consider having Steve make me a vinyl 'Slacey' to put in the windscreen, but I think most people know my car anyway!

As for designing it, yeah, have a go - be it a badge or something on the car, it will be voluntary as to whether anyone uses them, so it can't hurt to try IMO.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Tis a fine idea mate   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Although in my case, you would see the lovely Celica, and know its mine so you could shout, "nice car Craig"   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

good idea too... still reckon a badge would be better as often peeps ain't with their motors, but a car sticker is a close second.

Anonymous

Name badge bad, car badge good.

And also, for the non-too knowledgable like me, spec sheets are really good - to point out every little change.

SteveJ

Peter Laborne asked people last year if they wanted a spec sheet for their car on clear acetate for JAE and the response was, to say the least, rather lack-lustre. I doubt that the general consensus will have changed that much.

As a club it's highly unlikely that we will produce either an individual name badge or spec-sheet due to the fact that we cannot mass-produce them unless we start to look at some sort of formalised membership scheme (and the contentious issues that surround that) which would involve a membership card.

Anonymous

I take your point.

Although, if i'd have speant £XXX  on doing up my car, and i was showing it to the general public, I'd like them to know what was going on there.

Darth Paul

Quote from: "SteveJ"Peter Laborne asked people last year if they wanted a spec sheet for their car on clear acetate for JAE and the response was, to say the least, rather lack-lustre. I doubt that the general consensus will have changed that much.

As a club it's highly unlikely that we will produce either an individual name badge or spec-sheet due to the fact that we cannot mass-produce them unless we start to look at some sort of formalised membership scheme (and the contentious issues that surround that) which would involve a membership card.

If people did want these then they could email me piccies of themselves and I'd print out sheets with name, screen name and piccy (nicely designed, of course  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ). As for the spec sheet, then an empty field with 'Modifications' as the title would suffice, and then members could write in what mods they have.

Anonymous

I filled mine out, and had it in the 2, but felt a little silly that no-one else had theirs.

I still have it someone (a momento of the 2).

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"If people did want these then they could email me piccies of themselves and I'd print out sheets with name, screen name and piccy (nicely designed, of course  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ). As for the spec sheet, then an empty field with 'Modifications' as the title would suffice, and then members could write in what mods they have.

Now there's a damn fine idea.... then we'd get an idea of who everyone was, and which car was there's without the embarrasment of wearing a name badge.

Anonymous

As most of you will have seen the celica club have spec sheets. these are laminated and prevent endlessly answering the same questions over and over again, it also allows less chatty people to note particular mods without having to ask the owner directly.  But to be fair the celica club nowadays is a paying membership due to a large membership and bandwidth requirements etc.

laminated credit card size membership badges were also issued out for people to use (I'm useless with names)  but I think I only saw two guys actually wearing them, so not a great success in reality

the cost of these things as said isnt cheap when a club starts to grow

heathstimpson

Quote from: "perry190"As most of you will have seen the celica club have spec sheets. these are laminated and prevent endlessly answering the same questions over and over again, it also allows less chatty people to note particular mods without having to ask the owner directly.  But to be fair the celica club nowadays is a paying membership due to a large membership and bandwidth requirements etc.

laminated credit card size membership badges were also issued out for people to use (I'm useless with names)  but I think I only saw two guys actually wearing them, so not a great success in reality

the cost of these things as said isnt cheap when a club starts to grow
I liked the spec sheets on the Celica clubs motors. We could do the same adding individual pictures and names. The club could supply a standard format for individuals to fill in the gaps and print themselves  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: