TRD Sportivo kit questions

Started by Anonymous, July 27, 2004, 09:38

Anonymous

I'm thinking of purchasing either the TRD Sportivo kit or the (more track-tuned) TRD WayDo Sportivo (check the thread by Dieamond)

I've already fitted TTE anti-roll bars (US=swaybars) and TRD member braces on my '01 Roadster. So I'm really only looking at replacing the suspension struts and coil springs.

I just had a couple of questions. Perhaps if someone has already fitted or tried a car equipped with the Sportivo kit, he/she could answer them.

=> How stiff are the Sportivo springs compared to stock springs? (I know the Sportivos are 15.6N/mm (FR), 33.6N/mm (RR) and approx. 20mm shorter. But I don't know how they compare to stock springs...

=> Where exactly do you fit the member spacers included in the Sportivo Coil Springs kit? :

QuoteSpring Kit - 4 springs appro -20mm, and Rear suspension member spacer to change rear roll centre
http://www.fensport.co.uk/partsfiles/zzw30chassis.htm

markiii

can't give you ratings but trust me they are a lot stiffer, certainly harsher than teh TTE/eibach springs

the spacers, assuming we are talking about teh flat black thing that looks like a double ended ring spanner? These go between teh chassis and teh grey crossmember at teh back.

while under teh car look up at teh crossmember and you will see 2 bolts either side.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply.

Quote from: "markiii"can't give you ratings but trust me they are a lot stiffer, certainly harsher than the TTE/eibach springs
Do you think that is mainly due to stiffer springs or the stiffer TRD shock absorbers? You wouldn't have the TTE/Eibach spring specs by any chance   s:) :) s:)  ?

Quote from: "markiii"the spacers, assuming we are talking about the flat black thing that looks like a double ended ring spanner? These go between the chassis and the grey crossmember at the back.

while under the car look up at the crossmember and you will see 2 bolts either side.
Exactly, black things that look like double ended ring spanners, that's what I can see on the product photo.

If it fits between the chassis and the grey crossmember, it shouldn't modify the position or angle of the rear suspension? Is it just a reinforcement then? I don't understand what the "rear roll centre" thing is?

markiii

this where we could do with SteveJ todo teh math as I get a bit confused on it.

But it will change your camber angle and your roll centre.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Quote from: "phat"I've already fitted TTE anti-roll bars (US=swaybars) and TRD member braces on my '01 Roadster. So I'm really only looking at replacing the suspension struts and coil springs.

You can probably get the whole Sportivo package for less than getting just the springs and shocks. And you can always sell the parts you don't need  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

dieamond

I think he wants the adjustable struts, as he's doing some track  :-) :-) :-)
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Tem

Quote from: "dieamond"I think he wants the adjustable struts, as he's doing some track  :-) :-) :-)

Ah, you're right...he even mentioned it in the other thread  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Adjustable struts rule! It's really cool to be able to set them to "don't break my back" mode for everyday driving and then set them to "go-kart" mode for a track day...

My worry is that the WayDo Sportivo springs are so stiff, that even setting the shockies to the softest position would still make the suspension too stiff...

I wish I had tried out Diamond car last June when I saw him at Dijon/Pouilly, as it was already fitted with stiffer H&R springs (IIRC...)

Tem

Quote from: "phat"Adjustable struts rule! It's really cool to be able to set them to "don't break my back" mode for everyday driving and then set them to "go-kart" mode for a track day...

They are nice. I had the Koni adjustables in my Mk1 MR2...but in the end I just found the best compromise for track&street and left it there. I feel the Sportivo is just that, sometimes ona rough street I feel like it could be a little softer and on a track a little harder. But it's actually so dman perfect, that I probably wouldn't adjust it, even if I could  s8) 8) s8)

QuoteMy worry is that the WayDo Sportivo springs are so stiff, that even setting the shockies to the softest position would still make the suspension too stiff...

Now I don't know about the streets in Geneva, but I'd guess the normal Sportivo springs should be just enough. Assuming you do most of your driving on the streets and don't race the car (at least too seriously)...

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"this where we could do with SteveJ todo the math as I get a bit confused on it.

But it will change your camber angle and your roll centre.

Just found where the member spacer fits...

This should affect the camber angle and probably improve the geometry of the lowered suspension.

Does anyone know if a similar spacer is included in the WayDo Sportivo kit (or available separately)?

Anonymous

Does anyone know how the Eibach/TTE coilover springs compare with the Sportivo springs?

I know they are 1cm shorter, but are they stiffer or softer than Sportivo springs?

Tem

Quote from: "phat"Does anyone know how the Eibach/TTE coilover springs compare with the Sportivo springs?

I know they are 1cm shorter, but are they stiffer or softer than Sportivo springs?

TTE+stock shocks is a lot softer than Sportivo (springs+shocks), not sure how much that actually tells about the springs though  s:? :? s:?

Tags: