Another one bites the dust...

Started by vetch1, January 6, 2014, 18:24

nathanMR2

Well worth getting your back up ready for when they give you a low offer. At least it will show you mean business. You need to consider that the examples given need to be as close to your own vehicle as possible i.e same sort of mileage and age. However if older vehicles with more miles on are selling for more than they are offering you then this will also support what you feel the vehicle is worth.

For that kind of price range i think you'll be hard pushed to find a much better car than a 2. Unless you want something more sensible and that will cost you more to run.

I liked the look of the RX8 and they are pretty quick too. Just with that engine and that kind of price range you could be looking at spending a lot more in the long run.
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

Really sorry to hear about the accident. glad your ok!

Im gonna be so careful with my car from now on.

Rx-8 seemed very heavy to drive... so i wouldn't recommend one (i only test drove one, never owned one).

Other options = 350z / celica / leon fr.   s:) :) s:)

tomaky

Its also well worth getting a glasses guide price, just to show whats possible i had a 04 50k miles i managed to get the £100 glasses franchised dealer price of £3900 and that was with part service history  s:) :) s:)  have as much ammunition as possible i got stuck into them  s:) :) s:)
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

venomizer

Just got the payout on mine (very similar crash incidentally!) - red 03, 72k miles. They gave me £3100 which I was a little disappointed with but the claims handler was a bit of a douche who wouldn't budge one bit even with me showing him evidence of higher priced cars. Good luck with yours mate and glad you walked away with just a cut.

Anonymous

Quote from: "vetch1"Nathan, thanks for the info regarding insurance, I will certainly heed your advice.

I am happy to listen to suggestions for my next purchase? I'd like to think the insurance payout would be at least £2.5k. Who knows though.

Regarding the RX8, I'm a long term Alfa Romeo man, oil usage is par for the course with me! And fuel isnt too much of a concern, I only do about 5k miles per year.

Nasty crash, glad your ok. The mR2 not so  s:( :( s:(

I've owned 2 Rx8s - they are great cars for the money. You need to be careful of engine failures (milky oil) though.

Excellent chassis, very practical, bit funky, but terrible on fuel. I used to get about 20mpg at best.

Try one, do some sums on fuel (oil isn't TOO bad, a 1 ltr bottle from Mazda for £12 used to last me about a month, so 1000 miles at the time - That's not too bad in my opinion.

There is lots of info on the internet about them, do some research.

Tags: