An Update... some pics [NOW WITH UNDERGLOW]

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2014, 13:08

TiM3

Totally agree, the lines are different on the Lotus, I reckon the line you've chosen on the sides is spot on.

I was going to do lines on the side like yours then do a line down the middle that was based on the white down the centre of this one..

Mine currently has stalled with a few red bits as I can't find a black hardtop, starting to wish I had gold wheels like yours though  s:D :D s:D  ...

2001 MR2 Roadster - Cusco front strut brace, Chico Racing shift bushes, soft top delete, 2ZZ-GE, Eliseparts sump, 6 speed box, 4.529 final drive, LSD, custom induction, Zorstec 4-1 manifold, 100cel cat, P&P full cage, RRS 6 points, Cobra Imolas, BC Coilovers (5/7) BattleVersion rear arms, polybushed front arms, poly windows, gutted doors and dash.

Anonymous

MORE PICTURES!!

andyroo104

Looking superb and loving that front splitter.  :-) :-) :-)
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "andyroo104"Looking superb and loving that front splitter.  :-) :-) :-)

thanks

nimrod

Quote from: "andyroo104"Looking superb and loving that front splitter.  :-) :-) :-)
Me too,

yokel

Top Notch that!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
I have cursed bled and sworn, jumped bail and landed up in jail. life has often tried to stretch me but the rope always went slack...

trickyD

What is the splitter?
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

Anonymous

Thanks.

Universal one.

Nigel Smith
 e mailto:Nigelsmith17@gmail.com">Nigelsmith17@gmail.com e

£86 delivered

Maverikk

Car looks hot.

Anonymous

Thanks man  s:) :) s:)

trickyD

Quote from: "dj vinxy"Thanks.

Universal one.

Nigel Smith
 e mailto:Nigelsmith17@gmail.com">Nigelsmith17@gmail.com e

£86 delivered

Ta, good price.
Is it direct fit?

Bits for sale!

Anonymous

Yes and no...

You have to drill the holes into the splitter yourself..

the back of the splitter doesn't reach around to the bottom of the bumper - therefore you have to drill through the bumper and the splitter and insert a bolt, washer and nut.

then do the same for mid way round the corner (in fact there might already be somewhere to bolt into there.)

then you got 5 bolts at the front holding the bumper on.. the middle 3 you can use to bolt the splitter on.

the 2 outer ones need a bigger bolt. I'm lucky i have plenty of spares - so i used one from the cubby holes, good length.. used lots of washers in order to provide something for the bolts to bite onto, again with a washer and a locking nut.

The above sounds a bit complex but its a mixture of common sense, and a give it a go approach. I didnt know what i was doing but i still managed to fit it well.

I have got splitter rods as well to fit to secure it.

Please be aware its not a true splitter - so don't expect any performance gains. its just there for looks. but it completely reshapes the front of the car.

i will answer any more questions on it tho - it really is a top piece of kit. if i get a few requests then ill get under the car and do a how to post on it.

But seriously, its a matter of, in one hand i got a splitter, and theres a car in front of me.. how do i put the two together...? bolts! drill the holes and bolt on.

trickyD

Thanks!

Bits for sale!

Anonymous

no problem buddy. if u get one tell him i gave u the details

trickyD

Will do

Bits for sale!

MR TWO

Your headlamps look brilliant with the stickers!  I dont suppose you kept a template that you could scan and send via email?  Of course I can work it out but yours looks great...  

I plan to add a similar look to my silver but the stripes etc will be black. I think carbon wrap instead of red will suit my plan better.

Have you thought about the JDL rear?  m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150396302939? ... 1423.l2649 m
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

Anonymous

Trust me.

I haven't finished yet ... thats all im saying.

Yes I have stencils.

Pm me ur email address n ill send em over when I get a chance

Anonymous

BOOM... fitted my underglow RED lights..

simers

Dj I'm loving the direction you're going with the car... She's gonna be amazing when you're finished... Perfection takes time but it'll be worth it in the end
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

Bernie

Sorry maybe it's just me being an old git but for my taste that's just a mod too far that's not what I think our cars are about more chav corsa club but hey if it works for you that's what it's all about
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

ray835

same here i'm afraid
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

Anonymous

fair play!! but its each to their own opinion..  s:) :) s:)  i appreciate you putting it in nice words  s:) :) s:)

Im going down the show car route - trying to make it stand out and make it look more aggressive. So far ive got a lot of positive feedback - Im trying to make it stand out and look different. Still more to come!!!  s:) :) s:)  

One thing i have decided not to do is put a phat rice bodykit on it.

Bernie

Quote from: "dj vinxy"fair play!! but its each to their own opinion..  s:) :) s:)  

One thing i have decided not to do is put a phat rice bodykit on it.
Quote from: dj vinxyPlease be aware its not a true splitter - so don't expect any performance gains. its just there for looks. but it completely reshapes the front of the car.

I think the above and now the red underbody lights are top of the Rice list ok I get show car but there are ways of going about it that don't detract from the purpose of the car, which is all about the driving and handling experience and alienating everyone with a bodykit isn't going to win many over

Rice
An automobile that has been equipped with gawdy, unnecessary accessories, such as 3' high spoilers, loud and/or repulsive paint job and body work. Owners of such automobiles feel that these accessories make their car the best in the world, when in fact it is not.
That Prelude over there is nice, but this here Civic ain't nothin but a rice mobile
by Penguin4x4 April 05, 2003

Where will it end up ?

I rest my case
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

dj2k21

[quote/]

One thing i have decided not to do is put a phat rice bodykit on it.[/quote]

Hey what's wrong with bodykits?? Lol just kidding mate its each to their own. To be fair I have green neons and led bulbs in the engine bay rigged to the the little sensor thing which detects when the engine lid is open and turns them on so people can see my engine bay in the dark at car meets and stuff
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Tags: