Double lock?

Started by 328, January 20, 2014, 08:38

Hi guys,

On my windows it says the car can 'double lock'? what does this mean and how to activate/deactivate?

Cheers for any advice  s:) :) s:)

Andy
Black 2000 MR2 MK3, Proflow quad exhaust system, K&N cool air induction kit, plasma glow dial dash, short shift gear, push button start, carbon fibre hardtop, TTE style bar, FL rear lights, dev keyhole covers, 17" inch alloys, HiD lights, decatted, GT carbon drift wing, 35mm lowering springs, c one vents, front and rear struts, facelift rear mesh, td lip bodykit

jonone

when locking the car from the fob press once to lock then press again to deadlock
this must be done within 5 seconds
it you listen you can hear it locking on both clicks
30,000 miles 56 Reg 1E7 crystal silver TF 300 / 089     Yokohamas AD 08 Tyres Re-furbed Alloys in Satin Black, debadged rear Hard Top ON "turbocharged by Matt Performance "

trickyD

From what I know...

You can "double lock" from the remote.
This deadlocks the car in case anyone breaks in, they won't be able to unlock the door without the key/remote.

Just click the fob twice

You can download the owners manual I think  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

Thanks guys for the advice  s:) :) s:)
Black 2000 MR2 MK3, Proflow quad exhaust system, K&N cool air induction kit, plasma glow dial dash, short shift gear, push button start, carbon fibre hardtop, TTE style bar, FL rear lights, dev keyhole covers, 17" inch alloys, HiD lights, decatted, GT carbon drift wing, 35mm lowering springs, c one vents, front and rear struts, facelift rear mesh, td lip bodykit

ray835

iv'e been doing mine 3 times   s:?: :?: s:?:
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

Bernie

The 3rd click disables the interior sensors its meant for use when you lock with the top down
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

ray835

cheers for that..... any idea where about's the sensors are never noticed anything surface mounted ,have got another sticker on my side windows to that says this vehicle is tracked  in the event of theft or is it just a bluff
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

tricky1138

Sensor is under the rear bins behind the seats. It's a microwave sensor rather than the traditional ultrasonic and can be used with the roof down.

If someone reaches in then the alarm will sound.

You can also set the sensitivity by a dial on the box there.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

ray835

cheers i always wondered where it was..

cbf

Quote from: "tricky1138"Sensor is under the rear bins behind the seats. It's a microwave sensor rather than the traditional ultrasonic and can be used with the roof down.

Very interesting - where's this dial? Ta

ray835

must be on the actual sensor unit itself....

Wow brilliant found out more info than I thought I was asking  s:) :) s:)  

Cheers guys!

tricky1138

Quote from: "cbf"
Quote from: "tricky1138"Sensor is under the rear bins behind the seats. It's a microwave sensor rather than the traditional ultrasonic and can be used with the roof down.

Very interesting - where's this dial? Ta

As said it's behind the seats. If you take the drivers side bin lid off and peel the carpet back you'll see a black box towards the centre of the car. The is a dial on there. Just turn it a little, then set the alarm with the windows down and try it. If you can reach inside without it going off then turn it up!
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

cbf

Thanks Tricky

trickyD

Quote from: "bernie11a"The 3rd click disables the interior sensors its meant for use when you lock with the top down

Wow thanks!
Didn't know that
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

Anonymous

Quote from: "trickyD"
Quote from: "bernie11a"The 3rd click disables the interior sensors its meant for use when you lock with the top down

Wow thanks!
Didn't know that
Also good when using things like a ferry, stops the movement of the ship setting it off   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: