My Blue 2002 MR2 - Meeerrk's Track car build (LOCKED)

Started by Anonymous, February 10, 2014, 22:30

cabbydave

Unless your box was a corolla box then you will have to either buy or modify your gearchange shaft. Strange that all the work that was done on the gearbox was perfect and it made a noise? Must have been dodgy secondhand parts supplied to the builders. As for you bracket breaking off I would buy some new torque mounts for your car or don't rag the a... out of it or it will break again. Sorry to sound like I do but we have to deal with all sorts at work I once had a woman complaining her door trim pad was still marked from a cig burn after we had replaced the door. She thought the insurance paid for a complete new door and all the internals and trim, not just the accident damaged parts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cabbydave"Unless your box was a corolla box then you will have to either buy or modify your gearchange shaft. Strange that all the work that was done on the gearbox was perfect and it made a noise? Must have been dodgy secondhand parts supplied to the builders. As for you bracket breaking off I would buy some new torque mounts for your car or don't rag the a... out of it or it will break again. Sorry to sound like I do but we have to deal with all sorts at work I once had a woman complaining her door trim pad was still marked from a cig burn after we had replaced the door. She thought the insurance paid for a complete new door and all the internals and trim, not just the accident damaged parts.

Yeah dodgy parts that I supplied to the builder, how did I know that was coming....

cabbydave

I'm not going to get into a argument but there isn't another answer. Unless that dodgy Patrick swopped you mint parts for some dodgy old secondhand rubbish and passed them off as yours. I don't think for one minute that happened do you?????

headcase

cheers dave  but we leave it as it is mate  , mark you know what i think  in the txt i sent you .  (Reason for edit you can help some people)

shnazzle

Awww look. We're all friends  s:) :) s:)   You guuuyyss... Welling up.

It looks like there's a proper end in sight to uour issue Mark. Good stuff
...neutiquam erro.

Anonymous

Sorry Patrick (head case) I didn't receive any texts from you.

Dave, I'm not having a go, I'm just getting a little fed up of every time there is a problem with the car the initial response is " you must have supplied dodgy parts" - as if there was NO WAY any human error occurred.

The fact is I bought an engine and gearbox solely on the opinion of a trusted mechanic, who said that they were good, and, well we all know how long the engine lasted and the gearbox also has its issues.

I'm past the point of pointing the finger, you may notice I haven't mentioned anything along those lines., and I'm not about to start either.

All I want is my car working, and after the time, effort, and money I've put in, can you really blame me for being disappointed and disheartened about it all?!

MrStev3

I can't blame you for feeling disheartened and I'm not getting involved in who did what or whatbparts were what but all that money you spent and the fact you had removed a strong 1zz even with high miles at least you got to drive it and have fun.
Not to mention you wanted the 2zz swap so much and there's nothing worse than excitement turning to dispare but fair play most people would of thrown in the towel but you will get your rewards matey.
You project was part inspiration onine when I joined here to build just a track car and I always looked to reference yours if stuck.
You'll get there and when done keep that passenger seat for me to go for a spin around whatever circuit we meet at
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

Wabbitkilla

I appreciate the disheartening effct lots of effort and money spent and something goes wrong ... I've been there.
Remember you have a great handling car and wit a bit more effort it will get there.

This circular thinking and blaming isn't doing you any favours, sometimes we just have to cut out the cause of an issue and move on. You just end up winding yourself up again and it's never productive.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"I appreciate the disheartening effct lots of effort and money spent and something goes wrong ... I've been there.
Remember you have a great handling car and wit a bit more effort it will get there.

This circular thinking and blaming isn't doing you any favours, sometimes we just have to cut out the cause of an issue and move on. You just end up winding yourself up again and it's never productive.

I completely agree, and got to that point months ago.

I just want my car to work  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Quote from: "MrStev3"I can't blame you for feeling disheartened and I'm not getting involved in who did what or whatbparts were what but all that money you spent and the fact you had removed a strong 1zz even with high miles at least you got to drive it and have fun.
Not to mention you wanted the 2zz swap so much and there's nothing worse than excitement turning to dispare but fair play most people would of thrown in the towel but you will get your rewards matey.
You project was part inspiration onine when I joined here to build just a track car and I always looked to reference yours if stuck.
You'll get there and when done keep that passenger seat for me to go for a spin around whatever circuit we meet at

Cheers buddy, we'll chase each other round a circuit at some point soon!

jonty

I'll do my best to join you guys some time next year I hope, once I get another car sorted for everyday use and this MR2 can become the uncompromised weapon as it was always intended to be... Keep your chin up Mark!

Anonymous

Thanks Jonty, i enjoyed the mr2 day at Blyton park last year so hopefully we can do more of that next year and beyond.

Hopefully once the car is running again things will be ok. As said, my mate is dealing with it at the moment which is a big shift for me, he has his own workshop where he runs his garage business but I've always tried to keep our friendship as just that and never before asked him to work on my cars - I didn't want to be that mate that always calls because he needs his car fixed! But at times of such strife, I know I can unreservedly trust him so I've explained the situation and being the good friend that he is, is more than happy to help get the niggles fixed.

tomaky

Like to think i will also be on track with you lot  s;) ;) s;)  ive some re learning to do with the turbo.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

jonty

That sounds useful Mark, it's always helpful to have friends like that!

I'll be really keen to do an MR2 day if another can be hosted - the only trackday I've done in mine I was the only one, and even more surprisingly it was also the only trackday I've ever been on without a single MX-5... there were only 2 cars I could stick with, which was a bit tedious!

It'll be interesting to see how a the turbo cars go on track Tom - I did a cone dodging day with Nathan and D!ck, but there was no room for Nathan to stretch the cars legs so very hard to get an impression of it...

Jrichards20

Il be there, in 4 months or so  s;) ;) s;)  

We should pencil a February/March one in the diary! MSVT 2016 calendar gets released end of October so I will keep my eye out  s:) :) s:)
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

tomaky

It was probably Dick's car as nathans hardly moved with the turbo kit on it sadly. rom our days on the short circuit at wigan. Id say as N/A i might even have an edge over him i seemed to catch him but ive made positive changes to the car since then but ssh dont tell him haha.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

jonty

Quote from: "tomaky"It was probably ****'s car as nathans hardly moved with the turbo kit on it sadly. rom our days on the short circuit at wigan. Id say as N/A i might even have an edge over him i seemed to catch him but ive made positive changes to the car since then but ssh dont tell him haha.
It was quite a long time ago mate, prob 2013!

Quote from: "Jrichards20"Il be there, in 4 months or so  s;) ;) s;)  

We should pencil a February/March one in the diary! MSVT 2016 calendar gets released end of October so I will keep my eye out  s:) :) s:)
I'll be up for Bedford in my 200sx provided my budget calcs are correct... I have 6 months paternity leave coming up and need to somehow not run out of funds before mid June!!

tomaky

s:) :) s:)  i will get him out this coming year id imagine  s:) :) s:)
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Anonymous

My gearbox is back together and ready to be refitted, and my exhaust welded up and also ready to be refitted.

Hopefully pick the car up this week and do a bit of driving to check it all out over the next week or so.

Also got a spare gearbox in my garage now so I'll be looking to get it rebuilt with an mr2 LSD over the next few months and have it as a spare, or fit it and have my current as a spare.

CrazySX

Good to see you are back on track Mark  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Got a message from my mate earlier, It's had another engine swap

s:D :D s:D

Jrichards20

ive just done things over this picture that I'm not proud of   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

StuC

Now that's some nice mischiefin'!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

jonty

Do it, do it, do it!

Anonymous

My little Mr2 is already to be picked up. Gearbox noise still present but exhaust welded up and the idler pully has been replaced because it was very "wobbly" apparently.

Anyways hoping to pick it up this weekend, and I'll book a track day ASAP

Tags: