My Blue 2002 MR2 - Meeerrk's Track car build (LOCKED)

Started by Anonymous, February 10, 2014, 22:30

manos3003

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Anyone up for a track day October or November?

I'd be - sort of - from Feb and onwards. Brakes and suspension will be done by end of year.

2zz swap hopefully by end of  April
I can't recall a day when I drove my MR2 and it didn't put a smile on my face
<strike>2000 Spectra Blue Mica - 2ZZ-GE gone, but not forgotten</strike>
2002 Spectra Blue Mica K20A2 coming up

Anonymous

Quote from: "vinp182"The thrust bearing we got was too small to fit into the spline on the box so maybe yours was the other way around? There wasn't much in it so we thought it was a 1zz one that had been boxed wrong but turns out it was just the wrong 2zz one

Thanks mate I appreciate your help. I'll check it out

Anonymous

Quote from: "manos3003"
Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Anyone up for a track day October or November?

I'd be - sort of - from Feb and onwards. Brakes and suspension will be done by end of year.

2zz swap hopefully by end of  April

Ok I will bear it in mind, hoping to do something November time.

Thinking about Brandshatch Monday 9th November, "HFB" is attending, anyone else fancy it?

Paul1087

i just booked Llandow for Oct 17th. £95 for the day open pit.

its a pretty fun little circuit and suits the MR2 well.
only a few spaces left I think.

Anonymous

Arg! I would have been up for that but we are busy on the 17th! Damn it. Cheaper than brands too. Thanks for the heads up though Paul

Anonymous

I've just booked into the Brandshatch open-track event,9th November of anyone wants to join ?

MrStev3

I wish I could but I can't afford it
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

Anonymous

Neither can I  s:D :D s:D

MrStev3

so your car is all good and working? I bet you cant wait to get it on track with all those new parts you bought, how long has it been now?
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

Anonymous

erm, well I certainly don't want to risk my gagging order... So let's just say "yes"?

On a serious note, it's got s noisy gearbox but it's a mystery as to why. Hopefully I can't hear it with a skid lid on  s:D :D s:D

Last track outing was 13 October 2014, Cadwel Park in atrocious conditions (on track for about 30mins all day) - last reasonable day (half day) was 20th September 2014 at goodwood!

It's been a while

tomaky

Think ive only been out once this year  s:( :( s:(  it will be out on the 28th, which will only be a small shake down at three sister. Hopefully get one in at oulton before the end of the year.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

MrStev3

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"erm, well I certainly don't want to risk my gagging order... So let's just say "yes"?

On a serious note, it's got s noisy gearbox but it's a mystery as to why. Hopefully I can't hear it with a skid lid on  s:D :D s:D

Last track outing was 13 October 2014, Cadwel Park in atrocious conditions (on track for about 30mins all day) - last reasonable day (half day) was 20th September 2014 at goodwood!

It's been a while

Jesus I didn't realise it had been so long.
Money permitting I shall do brands on my birthday December but will have to see. hope you enjoy it and loads of pics needed
Mitsuko the mr2

gaffer1986

Who did you book brands with? Not on the Javelin List. I'm doing Snetterton 03/11/15.

Anonymous

It's a open track day.

They do free tuition, free photos, and free drinks and snacks all day so it's not bad value at £129

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"It's a open track day.

They do free tuition, free photos, and free drinks and snacks all day so it's not bad value at £129

now that is a bargain thought it would be way more expensive than oulton park but its cheaper and you get lots of extras, i would love to go just brands but is so far for me to go, i do need to go there 1 day such a great track

do you get to use the full circuit? as if i ever went i would want to use the full track

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Jrichards20

I couldn't believe how cheap it was! No, that is just the indy circuit, usually the hole circuit is a lot more expensive.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Anonymous

The GP circuit is about £300 for a full day track day! It takes a lot more marshals etc to run the GP track, so it's understandable

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"The GP circuit is about £300 for a full day track day! It takes a lot more marshals etc to run the GP track, so it's understandable

suppose that makes more sense seeing as its much longer, makes oulton park not seem such a rip off now,

although im looking at a track day at oulton in November as the car has taken so long to get ready and its only 130 quid compared to the summer where its more like 250 quid   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Anonymous

One of my mates did the GP circuit on a bike track day and said the GP loop is awesome

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"One of my mates did the GP circuit on a bike track day and said the GP loop is awesome

yeah i bet it is, always looked like some great corners watching on tele, some very high speed stuff so i imagine its requires some ball to go fast round there

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Anonymous

So, hoping his doesn't start WW3.

Ever since the engine swap, my throttle pedal has been sticky...it seemed to be after the engine went into lift but it has got more common recently. Thankfully it is a sticking in the closed position, after coming off the throttle I would have to give the pedal a good hard jab to get it to move again which caused the car to "lurch" - not ideal!

Recently it seems to be more common so not knowing what caused it, I was worried it may start sticking open  s:( :( s:(  

After eliminating the cable, Tonight I removed the air intake and investigated. After much cleaning and lubricating it wasn't any better, then i noticed the little adjuster for the "home position".

It seems the home position was sent just a little too low, causing the leaver to stick a little. 10 mins adjusting the screw (it's fiddly) without affecting the idle and it seems much improved. I lubed the lot up and hopeful it's cured  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

I used a piece of wood cut down to fully depress the throttle pedal and checked the butterfly was fully open, which it was

However, my obd tool shows throttle position at only 76%

Is this an issue?

manos3003

Maybe it's lost its calibration?

Anonymous

Is that even a thing?

manos3003

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Is that even a thing?

It is a very unlikely thing. But I haven't seen absolute throttle position at these levels. You sure it was all the way to the floor?

Tags: