My Blue 2002 MR2 - Meeerrk's Track car build (LOCKED)

Started by Anonymous, February 10, 2014, 22:30

Anonymous

Actually I have seen this before and myself have thought it as wrong and that car has full throttle issues so I am intrigued in this as to why

StuC

That's an odd one mark.
I guess we need to some more peeps trying it.
Excuse my ignorance but is the 2zz a different throttle body?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Anonymous

Quote from: "manos3003"
Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Is that even a thing?

It is a very unlikely thing. But I haven't seen absolute throttle position at these levels. You sure it was all the way to the floor?

It was fully open, I also held the throttle at fully open on the throttle body end, so it was against the stop.

I've just found this on spyderchat

Which. Suggests fully closed tolerance is 6-16 % and fully open is 64 - 98% and the ECU calibrates to the min / max....according to those guys on spyderchat

Anonymous

Quote from: "StuC"That's an odd one mark.
I guess we need to some more peeps trying it.
Excuse my ignorance but is the 2zz a different throttle body?

Not a problem mate, it is different yes, and an opposite throttle position sensor, which is why the wires need swapping on the loom when doing the swap.

Anonymous

I also notice I've got 3 different fixings out of 4 so if I need to replace my throttle body that'll be interesting. Not sure why there are a mix of fixings.

StuC

Just lucky I guess.  s;-) ;-) s;-)  

It does seem odd that in the days of precision that a reader can have such variance in readings.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

manos3003

That seems a lot of variance to me though.
I can't recall a day when I drove my MR2 and it didn't put a smile on my face
<strike>2000 Spectra Blue Mica - 2ZZ-GE gone, but not forgotten</strike>
2002 Spectra Blue Mica K20A2 coming up

Anonymous

I also found this which suggests similar

I've pmd a few 2zz people to see if they can check theirs

jonty

Mine reads 72.2% TPS at WOT. I didn't adjust the stops when fitting my engine, but I did make sure that it was full open when pedal was flat and they are perfectly sync'd. Interestingly, there is also a load parameter I could see that does register 100% when I'm at WOT, so it seems the ECU is happy with what is going on.

Anonymous

Jonty you are a star thanks very much for checking that for me.

Seems strange but it sounds like it is correct.

jonty

No problem mate, glad I could help ease your mind about this particular issue!

Anonymous

Taking my car for wheel alignment today, my temporary insurance runs out this weekend so I need to get it done.

I'd like to have it corner weighed but I don't have time to get it arranged before Brandshatch - there isn't any one local

Anonymous

Loads of camber  s:D :D s:D  
- 1.5 front
- 2.25 rear

Plan for the next few weeks,

- redirect air intake to the passenger side vent (where I originally wanted it)

- replace steering UJ

- remove passenger airbag

- bleed brakes before next track day

Anonymous

Since my MOT, my horn hasn't worked....very strange. Even stranger that it passed.

Anyway doing some investigation I found that there was a pinched wire between the steering boss and the spiral cable

By shorting out this would have caused random toots of the horn!

So I fixed that and yet still no horn....but I can hear the relay popping in and out as I press the button.

A quick climb under the car and I find someone has cut the horn cable to the actual horn !!

Unbelievable.

Some MOT eh!!

So now I've got to take the front bumper off and fix it.

Anonymous

And for the same MOT, they said my airbag light was on, so here was their fix

Yes they painted over the airbag light!

I tried to remove the paint but couldn't. So I had to buy a new cluster.

In fact someone from here gave me one so I made a new cluster to keep my original mileage.

The airbag light isn't on, by the way! (Although it comes on and goes off to check as it should)

Anonymous

Took the passenger airbag out just now;

Removed the trim

Fitted light delete resistor

Refitted dash trim and measured my weight saving....

4kg saving for nothing, easy win  s:D :D s:D

mr-ed_smt

Mark, if you completely remove the SRS control module (behind the centre console) and the crash sensors behind the lights you'll save a bit more weight and won't have any problems with warning lights.
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

Anonymous

Sounds good ed thanks.

How far is your car from being ready to run?

Anonymous

Just did something a bit mad...

I've booked onto the Cadwell Park sprint day on Saturday 7th November!! Very nervous!

It's going to be a ridiculous weekend
- Friday, work all day, home, pick up trailer, load car and drive to Cadwell.
- Saturday Sprint
- Drive home Saturday night
- Sunday oil change, rest
- Monday Brandshatch track day
- Tuesday back to work for a rest  s:D :D s:D

So it's make or break for me and the MR2 that weekend I think...if things go wrong that will probably be it for me and this car...

MrStev3

No blaming me for the pressure to come to sprint haha
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

Anonymous

You can send me the cheque in the post Steve  s:D :D s:D  you've made me do this  s:D :D s:D

CrazySX

Where was the car MOT'd.  Was this in your ownership or before?

MrStev3

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"You can send me the cheque in the post Steve  s:D :D s:D  you've made me do this  s:D :D s:D

You'll be paying me for making you do it after you get the rush of it
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

shnazzle

MOD - Just FYI, Mark has opted not to return to MR2ROC and his account will remain deactivated indefinitely until user pruning will automatically remove him from the forum. We will leave his Reader's Ride on here until further notice.
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: