My Blue 2002 MR2 - Meeerrk's Track car build (LOCKED)

Started by Anonymous, February 10, 2014, 22:30

Alex Knight

Coming on nicely chap.

Like the wheels a lot.  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

After about 8 hours of soaking in plus gas (my new best friend), some heat, a sturdy vice and about an hour of back and forth motion, finally managed to get the carrier off the caliper. No wonder it was sticking on and eating pads!

Came home and mounted it all back on the car.

Bit of a milestone really, need to bleed brakes this weekend and then she is ready for MOT

Anonymous

Quote from: "Alex Knight"Coming on nicely chap.

Like the wheels a lot.  s:) :) s:)

Thanks, I'm a bit of a fan too, looking forward to trying the Ad08s too  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Thanks to graham for delivering, (gmt1972) I now have a hard top  s:) :) s:)  

Anonymous

Got the brakes up and running today, fluid flushed with new and then bled. Yet to try properly as car has no MOT or insurance!

Awaiting new pins for handbrake to finish the brakes off.

Fitted Matt's underbrace this afternoon, much lighter than expected, nice bit of kit.

Also fitted resistors to my seatbelt pre-tensioner plugs and airbag light went off.

Nearly there!!  s:D :D s:D

pistol pete

Looking really good buddy..
few extra bits there i want to do to mine..
the hartop and harness and underbody brace.. but as and when with mine really, don't want to spend money on it as its just for a laugh

hope to see you on track soon, got blyton on friday

Anonymous

Yeah the seats and harness I got for a bargain from eBay locally for cash on collection so pleased with that!

The hard top was something I was thinking about...I sold some stuff I had Which covered the cost of it so it didn't really "cost" me anything if that makes sense.

I'm considering castle coombe at the end of April

pistol pete

do it :0... ill be there.. looking forward to it never been there before..

Anonymous

It's my current plan, fingers crossed I can make it. I'm sure I'll be able to spot who you are to come say hello!  s:D :D s:D

pistol pete

yeah you may notice my car  s:) :) s:)
my mate will be there in his mk1 supercharger too

Anonymous

Haven't touched the car this week but my drivers side seat mount arrived from rouge Motorsport. Passenger side still being manufactured ( the normally only sell drivers side for obvious reasons)

Had a hectic weekend helping at our friends florist (Mother's Day is one of the busiest weekends for a florist) but made the most of the extra hours light this evening, whipped the bumper off to fit my tow strap.

I also plastidipped the front lower bumper lip, I saw a pic of a car done and quite liked it. Beauty with plastidip is that it simply peels off if/when required.

Pins for handbrake cables arrived this week (thanks to CTP) so need to fit those, get the seat fitted and book an MOT for the weekend  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Had the day off work today so I spent the morning working on the car.

First of all removed the complete soft top assembly....wow it's a lot heavier than the hard top!

I then whipped the rear bumper off to fit the rear tow strap

As I was doing this the postman came and handed me my new steering wheel (thanks petej) so fitted that along with the MOMO boss

I also managed to finish my seat mounts which I bought from rouge and mounted my drivers seat. Still awaiting passenger brackets, but that will be easier because I won't be using runners/sliders for that seat.

Fitted handbrake pins so handbrake is functional and put the original number plates back on - it's had my partners cherished reg on it for the last 4 years so blew the dust off these ones!

I now need to work out what to do with the soft top assembly and work out how to separate the brackets for the harness bar and roof mounts etc from the frame.

I've been looking at gauges - specifically oil pressure and temperature. Am thinking about making a pod for the top dash cubby hole, but I've seen this which is a neat solution ;

I may get one of those and be done with it. Not sure where to mount a single gauge though.

That first illusive track day is getting closer!

Anonymous

Got the car started up yesterday for the first time in a few months! Drove it on my private road and noticed the brakes still need a little more bleeding, maybe I'll do it with the engine running (abs pump activated) to ensure all air is out.

Noticed the steering wheel wasn't dead straight, so removed it to straighten and in doing so, broke the spirol cable ... Replacement from eBay on its way!  

Will need to get the cat fitted and then take it for mot, hopefully early next week.

Note to anyone interested, Halfords doing half price MOTs at £27 at the moment  s:) :) s:)

dan944

I have to ask about the harness bar. Was this a custom built thing or a DIY? Read a few threads and was gonna buy the tue and knock one up. But just want extra info really.
"I swear mum I did try and sell the roadster"

Silver mr2 2003 FL. Custom Turbo build 209whp. Lots of handling mods.

Honda CR-V The Work Horse

Anonymous

I actually purchased it from SteveB on here who had it made my nickson Motorsport. It's T45 tube welded onto the original tube's mounts. That way it mounts directly as the original did.

If you retain your soft top then you will also need to mount the bracket for the soft top latch. Or if like me you remove the soft top, the mount for the latch makes a great camera mount  s:) :) s:)

vinp182

Car is looking good dude   s:D :D s:D  

What track day are you doing?
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

Anonymous

Thanks Vinny!

Hoping to go to Castle Coombe 28th April but running out of time to get everything sorted!

dan944

Cheers  s:) :) s:)  next step...harness bar  s:) :) s:)
"I swear mum I did try and sell the roadster"

Silver mr2 2003 FL. Custom Turbo build 209whp. Lots of handling mods.

Honda CR-V The Work Horse

vinp182

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Thanks Vinny!

Hoping to go to Castle Coombe 28th April but running out of time to get everything sorted!

I've been looking at doing that one too.. Be a good chance to run in my new engine I reckon.. Once I've picked it up, removed the temp engine and fitted the new one   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

Anonymous

And I thought I had a lot to do! Good luck!

There are a few people from here going so it might be good.

I'd like to see how my car is and hopefully come away with a better idea of what I need to do next. Bit of a shake down session I guess

Anonymous

Quote from: "dan944"Cheers  s:) :) s:)  next step...harness bar  s:) :) s:)

Your welcome  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Finally ready for MOT! A mate let me down on MOTing the car with the decat pipe, so had to order the seals to refit the cat pipe from CTP...next day delivery very impressed I must admit.

Had a second crack at Bleeding the brakes and they seem 10 times better, got a bit of air out so I think that's sorted now.

Fitted my stable facelift side vents....and gave it a quick clean!

Emptied the inside of all the crap, and going to book an MOt for this week

Alex Knight

Looking good chap.

Anonymous

Cheers Alex. If pass the mot this week ill book onto castle Coombe Monday 28th

Anonymous

MOT booked Friday 18th  s:) :) s:)

Tags: