m6 junction 3 crash

Started by Nath, February 11, 2014, 11:11

t4mys

I fully intend to get my TF back to what it was, I am not going to give up on her easily. They have found the garage that the police took my car to, so will be collecting and assessing it tomorrow. Please keep fingers crossed for her!

The effects of the crash are coming out now. I am booked in with the osteo tomorrow though so the road to recovery can begin.

Thanks to everyone for good wishes it really means a lot.
I'd be on here a bit more but tablets are making me spacey, so limiting my online time.

Thanks all

xx

puma2

s:D :D s:D  big hugs to you from me. so glad your on the mend and taking it easy  s:) :) s:)  
keep informed as to how you are getting on and then update what happens to your 2  s:( :( s:(  
take care

AndyM

Sorry to hear about this.  s:( :( s:(

Glad you came out of it relatively ok. You may be doing everything through the insurance but if you do need parts post up the details and I'm sure people will be able to help.  s:) :) s:)
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

t4mys

Ok update on the car.
After losing it twice now, they have located it at the estimators. They have just insisted to me its not driveable and that it HAD to be forklifted onto their site. I saw the police drive it from the central reservation to the hard shoulder... and have told them this.
They were quite firm that there is A LOT of damage.
All in all its not looking good for the car. They said they will call me by the end of the day, but full estimate will be tomorrow.

Update on me. Went to the osteo. Initial assessment, I've done more damage than I thought. It's going to be a lot more treatments and a lot longer to get back on my feet than I thought.

I've had enough for today

tomaky

Keep your chin up.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Treboeth

Heartbreaking I know but if the car is gone it`s gone( and I would be gutted if it was mine).

Get yourself well and in the meantime maybe look for another.

More testament to how well these cars look after us.

tomaky

100% right i came out of mine uninjured. If you need any advice here to help had mine written of july had new one in august.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Flipside

Glad everyone involved is ok, can only say what every one else has said, materials can be replaced a life can't
2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

ShieldsOnTour

I've done two now - first I had written off and bought another. That one I had an off in, but kept it away from the insurance company and  put it back on the road.... So, if you want advice either way I can probably help.
One of *them* cars....
[strike]C-one front end & side skirts, TTE spoiler, TTE rear bumper inserts,  Anthracite post-FL wheels on Toyo T1R. 6-speed box. Cobra Quad exhaust. Red leather. Lowered. TTE style bar.  And lots of shinny ....[/strike]

MR TWO

Get well soon!
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

shnazzle

All the best for your recovery. Give yourself time. I had whiplash as well (minor) and it took about 6 months to fully recover from that!

Sorry to hear about the car  s:( :( s:(
...neutiquam erro.

t4mys

If they do write it off what options do I have? Do I have to accept their first valuation? I am apprehensive of them undervaluing her.

I am stuck waiting at the moment. I get a courtesy car if they repair it... but that decisions not going to be made until later and I've been told there's not much chance of that.
If it's written off then I have no idea how long the process takes.

tomaky

Certainly not if there initial offer is lower than you expect i would reject it and tell them to rethink. This is the time where you need to do your research what i did was pay online for both glasses and parkers guide prices also get on auto trader and find similar mr2's ie TF's get a little spread of cars. I aimed for the top price in order to get this you need to focus on all the bits that set the car from the next your big selling point is it being a TF an the factory extra's i focused on the condition the low milage the service history also any recent jobs that solve common issues such as new rad, refurbed alloys, new tyres maybe the car has been detailed (you can to a degree blag these things).
If after all this they offer you low reject the offer and tell them to rethink they will say they cant but they will likely go up. If you need any help researching let me know.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Treboeth

m http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used ... /pricedesc m

Here's a start for you, print the adverts off for the most expensive.

StuC

I can only find 5 TF's for sale today.
3 black and 2 silvers. (autotrader, pistonheads & gumtree)
Cheapest I can find is £5K and not in anywhere near the condition of Tiff. Stew can vouch for that.
The others are all £6K upwards.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

t4mys

ok so the engineers at the insurance are assessing the repair quote (just over 4k). The estimator at the garage said to me, that quote is for what he can see and there is engineering in there to be considered. Really? I love statements like that.
I have informed the insurance AGAIN of how special tiff is, and to replace her like for like I will be looking at around 6k. She said if she was written off they would only offer market value. I've pointed out this is market value as there's only 300 of them (or maybe less now) and I want her repaired.
Apparently I need to contact the police to confirm there is nothing ongoing with them before the insurance can make a decision.

So now I have to try and find out what police it was that came out. I haven't a clue. I was focusing on other things at the time.

StuC

It will be West Midlands Police on that stretch of the M6.

t4mys

I thought that but it could be cov & warwickshire

StuC

Looks like it is right on the border. Between West Mids and North Warwickshire
Warwickshire Police
General contact details:
Tel: 01926 415000

West Midlands Police
General enquiries
Tel: 101

t4mys

I had to be special. I have managed to get through to 3 forces... they did a good transfer from one to the next to find me.

Fingers crossed I now have all I need for insurance to sort things out

StuC

Quote from: "t4mys"I had to be speshal.

You say that like we didn't know that!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

t4mys

That's special with 'th'  I will have you know  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I am going to see tiff today... if they let me. See about getting my belongings and maybe a few pics.

.....hope your okay from the accident....late on the thread pick up.

Hope it ain't too bad  s:) :) s:)  all the best from a fellow midlander!
Black 2000 MR2 MK3, Proflow quad exhaust system, K&N cool air induction kit, plasma glow dial dash, short shift gear, push button start, carbon fibre hardtop, TTE style bar, FL rear lights, dev keyhole covers, 17" inch alloys, HiD lights, decatted, GT carbon drift wing, 35mm lowering springs, c one vents, front and rear struts, facelift rear mesh, td lip bodykit

jinxedkitten

Hope seeing tiff wasn't too traumatic and you got your things back ok. Still thinking of you both x
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

t4mys

It wasn't good seeing her. I am going to have to go back tomorrow as well as I forgot some stuff (damn blank patches).
But she miiiight be fixable - it's really borderline. It's now waiting... which is not my strongest point, but not much I can do about that.

I realise though seeing her how lucky I was and what a good job she did in protecting me.

Tags: