m6 junction 3 crash

Started by Nath, February 11, 2014, 11:11

t4mys

I couldn't open the door after the crash. That's never a good sign.
I'll post pics at some point.

I don't know why they even bother quoting if it's not safe to repair.
They have written it off as a 'total loss' which sounds like it could be repaired, but the garage have told the insurance they don't think it's safe to do so.

Anonymous

If it cat c / d go for a buy back

nathanMR2

The garage will have to quote the repair costs in most cases unless it's clear it's unlikely to be repaired and it never makes it to the garage and goes straight to salvage. A total loss is just anything that's uneconomical to repair. No matter if it's an A, B, C or D.

A and B are none retainable and won't go back on the road
C is repairable but will require a VIC check (Like a more detailed MOT) at a VOSA approved place to get a cert to confirm the vehicle is safe to go back on the road. You have to cover the costs.
D is repairable and no VIC check needed.

It's very easy to make the suggestion of retaining and getting second hand parts but finding clean, straight panels in the colour you need could take time. Especially sable and fl.

If the door wouldn't open I certainly wouldn't consider retaining.

Another thing that also happens a lot is vehicles being inspected for damage for what can be seen. Then when stripping the vehicle down they find more damage. It might be borderline that it would be safe to repair due to bits they may or may not be able to see
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

redarrow

What happen in the end , did they pay up.

Are you ok know or you still suffering
Get well soon. Xxx
[size=85]These are the dreaded code your get with cheap 02 sensors.
P0135 drivers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)
P0155 passengers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 2 sensor 1)
P0141 passengers side down below exhaust position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2[/size]

steve b

Valuation is a lottery.  I has a Passat 4motion estate, it was mint and the showroom demonstrator so had every single option, someone ran a red light and T boned me writing it off, Elephant were really argumentative telling me I could get a replacement "the same" on auto trader for £1k less than I wanted for mine, I pointed out they were all base spec, double the mileage patch history and over 200 miles away North, got absolutely no where.

Also had a VX220 it got hit off the road by a people carrier, again Elephant the 1st offer they gave me was £1k more than I paid for it over a year before, I took it without saying a word.

Hope you get somewhere with it but I suspect unless it was someone else's fault they really won't want to up the offer as they can't try and claim it off a different company.
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

t4mys

It's still ongoing. Waiting to hear when the assrssors going out

Markb

Watch you don't get hit for storage cost's while its being sorted,a mate had a similar thing with a BMW,they took around 400quid out of his final payout for 3-4 weeks in the salvage yard before things got sorted.
Don't know what you have been offered but this is the last tf i saw for sale......bare in mind this was a year ago

m http://www.mymotorseller.com/united-kin ... -car/21880 m

tomaky

Mine was stored from end june to mid spetember waiting on numberplate retention haha
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

t4mys

That's good to know, I am waiting for the paperwork from the DVLA so I can retain my numberplate.

I've been told the assessor went out (hmmm they did say I could be there, but they didn't even contact me) and I hope to hear from the insurance soon to find out their results

t4mys

I have now got an offer of 5025,based on there being some on ebay ads and another dealers for less.

s12vea

I don't think that's a bad figure. Hopefully you can find yourself another one quickly.
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

jinxedkitten

Sounds like progress, good luck.
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

tricky1138

Quote from: "t4mys"I have now got an offer of 5025,based on there being some on ebay ads and another dealers for less.

There's a tf300 on autotrader with 36k miles for £5200 so it's not that far off.   s:) :) s:)
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

AndyM

Quote from: "t4mys"I have now got an offer of 5025,based on there being some on ebay ads and another dealers for less.

Sounds like a good price to me. You can get a lot of roadster for £5k.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

loadswine

Yes, I would agree with that. Good hunting Tammy, hope you get a real cracker.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Tags: