Bought another Roadster

Started by Lee H, March 8, 2014, 19:36

Lee H

Slightly leaky timing chain cover would have driven me mad so stripped it down for new gaskets.

Going on holiday today so straight on with engine swap on my return.
2000 black Roadster - hardtop, 16" Rota Grids with T1R\'s, TTE springs, TRD bodykit, JDL spoiler, 2.0 16v turbo swap with forged internals, Apexi AVCR, Apexi intake, ST205 chargecooler, JP custom exhaust, Accord Type R Recaro\'s

phaeton

Sorry newbie question, does the 2zz fit on the 1zz mounts or is welding involved?

Alan..

cabbydave

No welding but you have to change the o's engine mounting bracket Headcase now makes them but I think you know Patrick off TB

Anonymous

Quote from: "phaeton"Sorry newbie question, does the 2zz fit on the 1zz mounts or is welding involved?

Alan..

Head over to the thread called "all things 2zz" and have a read. There, you will find all the info you need on putting a 2zz in the mr2

Lee H

Finally made a bit of time for this. Had a few ecu issues and ended up getting one from MWR, stung me for £213 after import duty etc.

Bought an MR2 6 speed box to get the selector mechanism and LSD out of and fitted them into the Corolla box. Seems a waste of a decent MR2 box but never mind.

Attached to engine.

And this is today's work.

Had a split cv boot since my euro adventure in June so I don't really want to be pikey and put it back together as it, was hoping the Corolla on would be the same but its not so it halted progress today.

Remaining jobs are driveshafts, mid pipe, extend lambda wires, bit of wiring inside, intake and fill with fluids.

Might be up for sale once done as collecting a new toy next weekend and think I'd keep the turbo roadster over this. Fed up of keeping three cars on the drive/road.
2000 black Roadster - hardtop, 16" Rota Grids with T1R\'s, TTE springs, TRD bodykit, JDL spoiler, 2.0 16v turbo swap with forged internals, Apexi AVCR, Apexi intake, ST205 chargecooler, JP custom exhaust, Accord Type R Recaro\'s

Anonymous

As mentioned in other thread, pretty good going! I'm going for the MWR ecu as its hassle free, as it sounds you have found out.

Shame your selling so quickly! Make it cheap so I can buy it for the engine and swap parts please  s:D :D s:D

Lee H

On reflection I might run it through winter when all the crap is on the roads etc, great winter planning with 3 rear wheel drive cars   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Haha we have the same, I was saying that the other day!  s:D :D s:D

Lee H

Well it runs now but got an ecu light. Code 59 (jap ecu) which seems to relate to a vvti soloniod. Just not sure which one but Sod's law dictates it will be the one behind the alternator.

Also had some injector leaks which was a total ballache to sort as there isn't enough room to remove the fuel rail and injectors to change and reseat them properly. Managed in the end with lots of hand damage.

Anonymous

Are you using the 1zz rail and 2zz injectors? Wonder why they were leaking?

Don't have any experience with those ECU codes so can't help,  but I thought you were getting a USA ecu? (Which has obd)

Lee H

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Are you using the 1zz rail and 2zz injectors? Wonder why they were leaking?

Don't have any experience with those ECU codes so can't help,  but I thought you were getting a USA ecu? (Which has obd)

Yes, 1ZZ rail and 2ZZ injectors. Must have damaged the top washer when fitting them into the rail.

Worked out the us ecu could cause hassle as my car is an MRS so doubt all the wires are there for OBD2.

Anonymous

Ah I see, best to keep it simple then. Any progress with finding the fault?

Assume it was fine in the Corolla ?

Lee H

Not looked yet as it keeps raining here. Was fine in the Corolla so clearly something I've messed up.

jaworjawor

hi, can you please tell what is the jdm ecu rpm "numbers"? I am currently doing my swap and dont know what ecu choose, the eu celica (89666-20150) with key insert or the jdm (89666-20060). Is it true that the jdm has lift 6000-8500 rather than 6200-8200? And speed limit 180 km/h?

Tags: