Jay's MR-S Roadster Project

Started by bluesmoke, March 24, 2014, 22:37

jackso11

Quote from: "trevsmr2"
Quote from: "bluesmoke"Having read this, I think probably not:
 l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40596&p=479513 l

But could you take the face from a UK clock? Reason I ask, is I'd quite like the UK style if I ever take the car into Europe.

Not gonna happen anytime soon, but I'm VERY bored at work today  s:D :D s:D
Yes ,just swap over the face of the clocks, leave everything else as is ,including the original mileage readout

Just in case anyone searching for this needs an answer (like me)...This doesn't work. I just did the following:

Removed Jap import clocks,
Removed little black box speedo converter,
Swapped faces of UK clocks with Jap clocks (as detailed above) leaving the Jap circuit board along with ODO, therefore retaining the correct mileage,
New clocks with UK faces in the car.

The result is the speed reading is way off as the markings are in the wrong place for the circuit board.

nathanMR2

Is that even with the needles back in the right place?

I only took the temp gauge off mine, thinking I could just pop it off and pop it back on again and but it was no where near as simple as that.

I had to wait until the car was up to temp and pop it back on in the middle.

Im guessing the rev needle and speed would have to be sorted by putting the needles back with a computer connected to the on board computer read outs
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

jackso11

The needles don't need to come off, they come off with the faces all in one part. Just unscrew it from the back

Tags: