not happy

Started by tony=m=, April 7, 2014, 18:24

tony=m=

front corners below back window?
drivers side

pass side

looks like there has been a repair by stevie wonder on pass side?
Nothing is impossible when you don't know what you are talking about.

tomaky

Is that weld in the second picture?
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

tony=m=

it looks and feels like silicone  s:( :( s:(

StuC

Looks like it might be a dodgy wing, can you check out the above?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

tomaky

Its not the hardest thing in the world to remove to get a better view might be a option for you?
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

tony=m=

looks like you might be right stu  s:) :) s:)  dodgy or badly fitted wing.

drivers side

pass side

would explain why it look's so out of whack ?

tony=m=

Quote from: "tomaky"Its not the hardest thing in the world to remove to get a better view might be a option for you?

remove what the wing???

AckersMR2

There is a small crack in the paint there in that 2nd pic which is beginning to rust? I'd say that wings been off for some reason?
My only car is a Ducati 

tomaky

Yes the wing, would possibly explain why the wings of of whack.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

StuC

Quote from: "tony=m="looks like you might be right stu  s:) :) s:)  dodgy or badly fitted wing.

drivers side

That gap towards the rear of driver wing ust in front of the tail lamp looks snug. I still think some rotation of the decklid has been introduced somewhere. Especially when coupled with the mismatch between the bumper and the drivers tail lamp.

That passengers wing deffo needs to be revisited.

tony=m=

Can someone post a pic of there's so i can compare please ?

StuC

If I remember when I get to my car I will.  s8) 8) s8)

tony=m=

Cheers  s:) :) s:)  do you think it's worth a visit to my local toyota place to see what they think?

StuC

You are probably better meeting up with some local owners to compare and contrast!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

StuC

BTW - There might be a rear wing for sale here  s;-) ;-) s;-)

If indeed you need a new one.  s8) 8) s8)

tony=m=

Do fl  wings etc fit pfl ? Wondering if they fitted a fl back quarter panel ? might explain the poor fit ?

parker455

I'd personally say that the passenger side has had a whack, can you see where it looks as though it's been crimped at some point? Rear bumper has had paint too at some point.

Def is  spiss piss spiss ed though.

tony=m=

Yup it is fooked  :-) :-) :-)  yeah im leaning towards it having a crash at some point in it's life  s:-( :-( s:-(  although i can't find any signs of one apart from the obvious panels being misaligned(spell ) on pass side .
 no records of any crashes or damage on the hpi check  when i bought it last year , and the last owner had it 8 years and said he had no crashes he could be lying though and just not declared it.

mrzwei

Personally, I'd get a local 'smart' repair or small repair / paint shop to quote you to realign the panels, they have to do it all of the time.
You should at least come away with an informed opinion of the cause, even if you don't buy the result.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

parker455

Paint peeling on the rear bumper in the vent too I've just noticed. I think it's had a rear ender which has pushed the panel out. Can see by the crimping on the paint. Panel alignment isn't too difficult at all, can def do it yourself!

Alex Knight

So it probably wasn't the garage, right? Looks like this was previous damage/poor fitment?

tony=m=

Yeah looking like it was not the garage , strange that i notice the gaps after it come back from the garage , I've had it since last October and i wash , Hoover and polish it weekly and have never seen it.
as soon as i got home it just stood out , maybe its because i was looking for flaws after they didn't tightnen the wheel nuts last time i was there  :-) :-) :-)

Alex Knight

Can't believe you went back to a garage that left your wheel nuts loose!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

andyroo104

Quote from: "Alex Knight"Can't believe you went back to a garage that left your wheel nuts loose!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
+1  s:-( :-( s:-(
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

tony=m=

I know  :-) :-) :-)  but I've known the guy for over 30 years and sometimes he forgets things lol ,i always double check anything he's done to my cars , although I've not let him touch my civic  :-/

Tags: