not happy

Started by tony=m=, April 7, 2014, 18:24

StuC

As promised (even if they are a bit late  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

tony=m=

Cheers stu  :-) :-) :-)  my car is shocking compared to yours  s:-( :-( s:-(  car is booked in a body shop tomorrow for them to have a look and sort it out , depending on what they will charge , will update tomorrow  :-) :-) :-)
Nothing is impossible when you don't know what you are talking about.

cabbydave

It looks like its had a rear panel at some time and a rear 1/4. Looking at how the wing has been fitted it will go in to get your gaps correct. If you have no joy at the body shop give me a shout I work in a large body shop in Manchester and can have a look at it if you want, I've even got panel feeler gauges to make sure they are bob on as well.

StuC

Quote from: "tony=m="Cheers stu  :-) :-) :-)  my car is shocking compared to yours  s:-( :-( s:-(  
It's ok, not everyone can have a yellow car!  s8) 8) s8)   s;-) ;-) s;-)

Only joking. Let us know how you get on. I hope for your sake it is just a pants panel. Let us know what they say.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Mightyquin

That crack at the top of the wing looks like a badly repaired panel, probably filler. Might be worth buying a s/h panel and replacing it, and refitting the lid at the same time.

tony=m=

Just got back from the body shop , as mentioned on here , it's had a bump at some point in its life .
Pass wing/quarter has been replaced but very badly fitted the guy said as has the bumper , shown me that it was (quarter panel)Matt black before spraying silver so maybe a aftermarket quarter  ?, guy is going to take of both quarters and bonnet /boot lid bumper and lights  and line everything up and refit them properly( spell ) making sure the gaps are correct all round  :-) :-) :-)  £85 he is charging.
Booked in for next wed  :-) :-) :-)

And thanks Dave I'll let you know how it goes at this place first  :-) :-) :-)

tomaky

it wont be a aftermarket quarter just one likely hadd a repsray in the past, sounds like a good deal  s:) :) s:)
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

cabbydave

Ha I would have done it for nowt cos im like that. He wont be taking the wings off just adjusting.

tony=m=

Quote from: "cabbydave"Ha I would
have done it for nowt cos I'm like that. He wont be taking the wings off just adjusting.

Where , when  :-) :-) :-)   s;-) ;-) s;-)

cabbydave

Im in Bramhall where are you?

tony=m=

I know bramhall , well around stepping hill area / hazel grove area  :-) :-) :-)  Im in droylsden about 10-15 mins from stockport.

cabbydave

Im not far from Stepping Hill and work on Oldham Rd no not far from you. I'll pm my address

tony=m=

Ok thanks  :-) :-) :-)

Tags: