New Article on the 04...

Started by crankshaft, August 18, 2004, 06:38

Anonymous

what bhp you running mrs-turbo?

Anonymous

Not been to a dyno to find out.Should say it's 230ish (flywheel).

Tem

Quote from: "Tomr2"come on tem, our little 140hp car isnt capable of a 0-60 like that. even EVO tested it and they got 7.5 (as have a lot of other roadtesters).

how did you time your 0-60?

I have used G-Tech/Pro and Race Technology AP22, both give similar results when used properly. And like someone already said, they also give similar results to 1/4 mile timing, so they can't be that bad.

You get 7.5s with a poor launch and slow 1->2 shift  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  What spec did EVO test anyway? With/without LSD? What gearing? And I bet they didn't spend much time practicing the launch, but instead did a few runs with basic RWD launches. MR2 is all about launching, you can easily win/lose a second with good/bad launch.

I don't think the sub 6s times in US were done with a stock car though  s;) ;) s;)

And about the S2k's...either the local guys can't launch them or our little '2 is a bit faster in 0-30mph  s8) 8) s8)  There's really no competition in 0-60mph though, nor in any speed above that. Why are we comparing two cars in different price leagues anyway?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

my '2 doesnt have an an LSD (J-spec) does this mean a UK '2 will have less wheel spin and be able to launch faster?

Anonymous

I thought the article was very complimentary, we should be pleased the MR2 is still getting such good reviews.

Just to add my four pennies worth to the topic drift;
The other day I was overtaken by a 306xsi, outside a school in a 30 zone. (OK, the kids are on holiday, but a pointless and inappropriate manoeuvre, executed by a grade 'A' baseball cap wearing tosser nonetheless.) It was most gratifying to catch him up a few minutes later on a twisty 60 road, him understeering horribly at every corner, driving his little nuts off, (bless him!) whilst I followed benignly in 5th gear, one hand on the wheel, wondering why we were going so slowly. (I think he may have seen me laughing   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )
Worth sacrificing at least a second of straight-line acceleration if you ask me!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: