what colour is my mr2 ?

Started by willis15, April 21, 2014, 01:21

willis15

Hi everyone,  am totally new to the mr2 m3 but totolly love all of them!
[ have just put a deposit down on a 2003 mk3 but it needs paint work done, the bonnet, front spoiler and a scratch on rear quater panel!
the colour is a bright metallic blue!!!! any ideas of the coloure?
also how much would it cost for a  respray all over but not the insisde of the panels ?

thanks in advance

willis15

Jay67

The colour's 8M6 - lagoon blue, no idea on the cost of a respray though, someone's bound to have a rough idea though.
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

willis15

Thanks, i will pop along to the body shop tomorrow !

Mike G

I had an MX5 re painted by a local bodyshop a couple of years ago (all prep, same colour, so not inside of panels etc) £800 , was really happy with finished job
2004 Facelift in Crystal Silver (sub 30k)  with genuine bodykit,Precats out,Red Leather,Remus Dual Exhaust,Carbon Thresholds,vvti Badging on wings,TTE chrome fuel flap surround,Bridgestone Potenza REO40's ,Aerial override mode,RED Mohair roof, Bonnet and engine cover gas struts and a few other small internal tweaks :-)
And now... Mikes (my own) anti dash creak mod !

simers

Jesus mike that was cheap.. For a full respray with top quality de beers paint primer and lacquer I would be looking at roughly €1000/1100 depending on overall condition of body as I'd say there are a few door dings etc on the rest of her that may not have been spotted
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

Mike G

Quote from: "simers"Jesus mike that was cheap.. For a full respray with top quality de beers paint primer and lacquer I would be looking at roughly €1000/1100 depending on overall condition of body as I'd say there are a few door dings etc on the rest of her that may not have been spotted
Yes, I was pleased, every panel had something that needed attention, the front bumper was removed,  absolutely no overspray on anything, as that was a must,
Primer top coat and clear coat, but to be fair they had it two and a half weeks, so did it slightly at their leisure and it WAS a cash job but you really could'nt much fault the end job
2004 Facelift in Crystal Silver (sub 30k)  with genuine bodykit,Precats out,Red Leather,Remus Dual Exhaust,Carbon Thresholds,vvti Badging on wings,TTE chrome fuel flap surround,Bridgestone Potenza REO40's ,Aerial override mode,RED Mohair roof, Bonnet and engine cover gas struts and a few other small internal tweaks :-)
And now... Mikes (my own) anti dash creak mod !

Tags: